Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A nz international is not a bad signing. He is big and strong an attacks the ball at a million miles an hour. Solid signing imo.
Agreed here, he is still raw if people haven't noticed and has had a very very average (shit) coach to help him reach international level football. As people have stated there is promise and things he would like at our club, our Kiwi boys need to give him a good impression from now (if they haven't already) and we have to hope everything works out.

He will add size and strength to our backline and some attacking/defending capabilities we missed this past year. I'm hoping our centres are Morris and Lafai with the wings being Perrett and Inu because chucking Hoffman at fullback will have good balance in my opinion.

We have too hope everything is fine and dandy now!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is he expected to sign? The more I watch over my recorded games, the better the 2014 year gets. He is a POWERFUL runner.. and attacks the highball with some serious speed..

CMON FRANK AND SAMMI, WIN THIS KID OVER!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i guess at the end of the day if anyone is going to get the best out of hoffman i would certainly back des over griffin. The broncos really have shafted the kid actually.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he will go well tbh, he will add some power & strength to the back that's for sure & that was the one thing Barba didn't have so...

dogs4ever

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some guy on twitter saying that the Broncos rejected Hoffmans request for a release and will be staying with Brisbane in 2014. Not sure how true this is but just wanted to share what I read. I'm really getting over all this!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Some guy on twitter saying that the Broncos rejected Hoffmans request for a release and will be staying with Brisbane in 2014. Not sure how true this is but just wanted to share what I read. I'm really getting over all this!
If that is true and we truely let Barba go for them and then tried this with Hoffman we are ****ing STUPID.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The broncos are the ultimate shafters if the above were true.
No we are ran by idiots if that is true. Surely we would not release Barba chasing Hoffman without some kind of thoughts and plans into it. Seriously...

I'm going to believe this is just some twit on twitter or whatever from Broncos wagon and filthy we might pick up Hoffman.

Hopefully we pick Hoffman up and 1 of either Locke/Ferguson/Hoppa and happy days.

Time will tell.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While "some guy on twitter" hardly constitutes a source, this does sound like the most logical outcome.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. YowYeh

and that's just the start..

Broncos bottomless sallary cap strike again.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOOK AT THIS SHIT NOW SOUTHS WANNA BUY HOPPA!

PARRAMATTA have committed to Jason Taylor as 2014 head coach, defying concerns that star recruit Will Hopoate might be pushed elsewhere should the Sydney Roosters assistant be appointed.

The plot at Parramatta became decidedly murkier Thursday, when Eels officials were informed that Hopoate’s advisers wanted Manly assistant Brad Arthur to be head coach.

There were even suggestions Hopoate could activate a get-out clause in his three-year deal, which begins next month, should Taylor get the nod over Arthur.

The 21-year-old - currently completing his Mormon Mission in Brisbane - has been linked with a possible move to South Sydney.

It’s understood Hopoate’s father, John, holds Arthur in high esteem from defensive, boxing and wrestling work they’ve done together at Manly this year.

When contacted Thursday night, Hopoate Sr referred all inquiries to his son’s agent, who did not return calls.

Will Hopoate's Eels deal is in jeopardy.

But The Daily Telegraph is aware that Hopoate Sr made calls Thursday to inquire about whether Arthur was still in contention for the Eels job.

The latest developments indicate Arthur is out of the running, with Taylor meeting Eels officials Thursday to finalise his new contract.

The deal could be announced as soon as Friday, ending an *unprecedented week of boardroom machinations - even by Parramatta’s standards.

Prior to a board meeting on Tuesday night, Eels chairman Steve Sharp publicly declared his support for Arthur and urged fellow directors on the five-man board to toe the line.

But when a vote on Arthur’s application was taken later that night Sharp was defeated, 3-2.

The three dissenting directors want Taylor to be head coach and were on Thursday unmoved by speculation that Hopoate could seek a release as a result.

Club officials and Taylor spent Thursday afternoon putting the final touches on the new contract, which will see Taylor resume head coaching for the first time since his dismissal from South Sydney in 2008.

Hopoate is within his rights to backflip on the $2.3 million deal, which included a clause that tied him to Parramatta so long as Steve Kearney remained coach.

Kearney’s sacking last July made Hopoate a free agent, but Eels *coaching staff have continued to monitor his progress through regular trips to Brisbane.

They are expecting him to report for preseason training on November 7.

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
South Sydney surely do not have money in their salary cap to buy hoppa. They just re signed all of the burgess brothers on long term deals plus Luke Keary who is a future star. If he's going anywhere it's to the blue and white

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Keary a future star? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL my ass is a future star is that kid is considered a star. You want a future star, Luke Brooks mate, not Keary!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hoffman is not the answer believe you me. He is not worthy of the dogs jumper in my honest opinion

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True that silva, IMO we should just battle through next season with our EPIC (hopefully on form) forward pack and leave the fullback gap for next year. In the mean time, play Low! He did well this year honestly.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If jmoz wants the gig give it to him. There's a fella that loves the bluenwhite. And with persistence would do a fine job.

Status
Not open for further replies.