Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being Aboriginal, he will end up at Souths.
Well with Mundine at his side, it was kinda silly to ever think he'd be anywhere but that.

Souths - yeah, aboriginal, emerging role model, mentored by GI etc. Mundine im guessing would have mad respect there.
Rabbits - mundine, friends with Nasser, manager for SBW right? seems like a close knit group, plus the money bags and the habit of sydney just signing whoever the **** (carney, mason etc)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we should begin to expect inu at full back next year folks.

we may as well shut this thread up or merge it with rumours thread, because as of now, I doubt there is much more we can add and there is not much use in stressing or getting angry over circumstances which we annoyingly don't have control over.
The thing with Inu, is when he was younger he was much fitter, faster etc. He would have made a great fullback. He has put on a lot of weight since then. He has the strength of a second rower these days (one of the strongest players in the league I would say), but has lost a lot of speed and stamina. I doubt he can last 40 mins at fullback.

In general he is a lazy player, and never seems to be fully focused. Would you want a fullback that is so inconsistent? Someone that can drop easy kicks or fumble because he wasnt concentrating? Even when he puts the ball down for a try, its so nonchalantly. I could only imagine him trying to clean up grubber into the in goal. We dont have any good options for next season. The best is probably Perrett I think. We wont contest for a title though. Move Inu to the wing, play Lafai at Centre. Perrett is safe but as slow as the QE2. His defence is a liability so our edge will be stronger without him there.

Shame that a GF team from last year cant get a kid let alone a top class fullback. I thought it was the coach that wasnt allowing us to sign big name players/superstars. Seems even with one of the best and most decorated coaches in the current era we still cant even get decent players from his old club, let alone in general. Its the bulldogs way. We will make a superstar soon, that we will lose to another team.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to expect of next year. If the club is that desperate they should have signed someone like Matt Bowen for 1 year. I truly believe they're going to save their money and try and lure someone like Johnson or Cam smith next year. Getting a bit sick of all this shit tbh

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Didn't Dakar say we had hoffman in the bag and will be revealed after World Cup? So I guess that's not true as well unless blue and white or jimmy can reconfirm? We are truly screwed . Dakar was positive that it was all a done deal with naughton? I wonder were Dakar is now ? Also seemed shady to me sayin he's not into nrl or the bulldogs and just jumps into the kennel acting like he knows everything . Put a lot of people hopes up including mine

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
There was someone else the other night who claimed that Naughton was a done deal and he was 50/50 with us and the raiders but all the support he got from dogs fans made him choose us. These comments seem to have been deleted. I think they were from Jimmy.

Totally fabricated and couldn't be further off the mark. Thanks guys

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Didn't Dakar say we had hoffman in the bag and will be revealed after World Cup? So I guess that's not true as well unless blue and white or jimmy can reconfirm? We are truly screwed . Dakar was positive that it was all a done deal with naughton? I wonder were Dakar is now ? Also seemed shady to me sayin he's not into nrl or the bulldogs and just jumps into the kennel acting like he knows everything . Put a lot of people hopes up including mine
Jimmy confirmed Nuaghton as well. Said twitter support got him over the line. Utter rubbish

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why do I have the feeling the the club doesn't have a frigging clue, and that come 2014 season we'll still be royally f**ked for a fullback.

Not just royally screwed, but we will perisist with Morris at #1 for 2014, and he'll up and leave come 2015, because he doesn't want to play fullback.

and then we'll be completely screwed.

Absolutely zero confidence in the people running the club at present and it's blatantly obvious now they DIDN'T have a plan for after Barba.

He always seemed destined for the chooks or bunnies tbh.
Or Silverwater Correctional Facility.

Depending how the court case goes that is!

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why can't we attract players? FFS even Parra players want to stay at Parra.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed Curt Naughton signed with the chooks

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I say in a show on new kharma that this thread be binned completely. Lets face it not one bit of good news has come of this thread, only hopes being raised and smashed continuely. My hopes for 2014 as it stands are at a very low point and it would appear that the club is failing hugely on us fans. Lets say we do get Hoff (which I am happy and hope we do) but with all the no's we have been given and the lack of a Barba plan but releasing him anyway this has not been handled well. I'm all for dumping Barba but as I said ages ago I would hold him all off season then release him to the bronc's without a pre-season, had we done this we would be sitting way better in negioations in getting Hoff over! This is BS and our admin look like amateurs right now!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just to elaborate, Dakar made some claims in private to admins about his position and why he may know more than joe average. I can't expand on that, but I did question it a little at the time.

Why can't we attract players? FFS even Parra players want to stay at Parra.
It might sound harsh, and I in no way intend to offend anyone with this comment, but maybe because Bankstown isn't the "nicest" of areas to live around, if they want to be close to the training grounds.

Roosters and South Sydney players can live anywhere from near the beach to the harbour. Gold Coast players have Surfers and it's surrounds. Brisbane players have a wide choice of nice areas too.

Even Balmain and not far from Parra have some nice places.

The other train of thought is just that our clubs completely useless and nobody wants to sign up as a result.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When i called dakar out 15 million pages ago re. the hopoate issue my thumbs down went from 20 to 40 overnight. Most tom dicks and harry were half way up his arse all u could see was their legs. I again posted for him to post sumfn fresh or new that wasnt in the media... Zero response and lastly with the "chasing" of occonor and the exact sum of his contract with a european club overseas was the last straw. If he is a lawyer/accountant whate ever he has a duty of confidentiality. A farce from the start.
Well atleast he has entertained a lil in the offseason.

lukethekid

Waterboy
Reaction score
i just asked curt naughton if he had ever talked to dakar (wiki_league on twitter or something like that) and he said he never talked to him about where he was signing

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to be very interesting what we do next season for a fullback than. I'm assuming dakar is full of shit with the hoffman thing, most likely just a scheme to get some twitter followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.