Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every time I see naughton reminds me of Eddie Murphy's Raw....... "hey Norton old pal, how about you come over here and fuk me in the arse" lol "I'ma bend over now, and when I do, start fukin" lol
Humena, humena,humena. Now don't you make me come to fast. :p

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like its either fergo or locke...

I wouldnt rule out a cameo for minichello either
What if Mini has a blinder in the World cup? the bloke sadly is past his prime and I dont remember seeing him break the line from a catch in ages like the mini of old.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I want a fullback. James o Connor isn't a fullback of worth. They were wasting their time with that douche. More efforts need to be focused towards hoff or Locke.
Are you honestly saying they are any better? They are the best that MIGHT be available, nothing more, nothing less, and they certainly are not worth anything more than 400K, if that. Have you ever thought the reason neither has been signed yet is because Des realises what most people in here have forgotten? That being that neither has set the world on fire, Locke was dropped earlier in the year when the Warriors were getting flogged. That's why we exhausted every other avenue first. Folau, Hayne, Hoppa, JOC. JOC was the only one who was really available and not signed somewhere else. We offered him a reasonable deal but refused to pay over. That's good management in my book.

If we didn't release Barba because we hadn't signed anyone else would be pointless. What's the point of keeping him around if he's not going to be any good for us? May as well get rid of him and save the $$$

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think some people on this forum may have some inside info but not as concrete as they make out

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you honestly saying they are any better? They are the best that MIGHT be available, nothing more, nothing less, and they certainly are not worth anything more than 400K, if that. Have you ever thought the reason neither has been signed yet is because Des realises what most people in here have forgotten? That being that neither has set the world on fire, Locke was dropped earlier in the year when the Warriors were getting flogged. That's why we exhausted every other avenue first. Folau, Hayne, Hoppa, JOC. JOC was the only one who was really available and not signed somewhere else. We offered him a reasonable deal but refused to pay over. That's good management in my book.

If we didn't release Barba because we hadn't signed anyone else would be pointless. What's the point of keeping him around if he's not going to be any good for us? May as well get rid of him and save the $$$
Agree and on the money.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there a major player who is a free agent in 2015? What the dogs could do is save some extra $$$ and do what the roosters did (To Maloney) and pay a player they sign in 2015 a fraction of their salary cap In 2014 while the player is still contracted to their new old club.

Utilize Noughton in 2014 (Cheap), push Inu to the wing and sign someone massive for 2015 (Maybe even 2 players).. It's not like our backline will be as bad as 2013...

Just a thought.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id love it if you could give me the smallest piece of evidence to back up this info. I really hope u are an individual in the know on this site to provide accurate info for us nobodies but until u back up a single thing u say il remain slightly sceptical.
Dont need to prove or provide evidence for anything if you choose to believe the believe and if not then dont...couldnt xare really :grinning:

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is turning to be like arsenal during the transfer window all nothing but rumours at the moment

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Media reports joc managet didnt even get to second stage with any club. Manager was always looking at the big bucks overseas.
Mate it's not like your ferguson tip came through . Only time will tell

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol, who else do we have INTERNALLY that can fill the spot?

The fact of the matter, you can call it prudent or what not.. but truth is, we are without a full back for next season. Sure, we can save some cash and have a miserable 2014, with INU or Perrett back there.. thats a great alternative. Who knows what kind of intangible damage that will bring... nobody wants to be part of a losing club right? Jmoz's contract is rolling off.

or blow 500-600k on a certain somebody...(assuming thats the asking price) So I mean, its hard to say that we didnt put ourselves in this little bit of trouble isn't it? You lose a potential 'superstar' fullback, but by judging from your post it appears that you assume Des wants an equal to replace him? better yet, get an equal for less cash. you're dreaming. Whoever is making the decisions is dreaming. I wouldnt be surprised if we got nobody this year... and then next year rolls, we come 10th.

say what you want about locke, chances are we'd be paying 450k for him as well.. and considering what we're facing next year, i'd say that is money well spent. im no recruiting staff, but to put 'good management' in the same thought as 't-rex, forward, 600k' is a ****ing oxymoron if there ever was one. A good forward is what we have in spades, we need to fork out the cash for a decent full back (locke, hoffman).

What was the harm in keeping the rat until we found someone? the harm being, we played shit. Well, im sorry but we are going to play shit with Inu or Perrett at fullback as well. The point I was trying to make was, we shouldve tightened the chains atleast till there was someone that we thought was worth it.

Look at Locke and Hoffman. **** man, those clubs bloody have a fullback and theyre not releasing them. hows that for 'good management?'

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I read on daily telegraph that Kevin Locke will most likely be released by the warriors

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ptions-to-replace-milford-20131012-2vfln.html

THE Canberra Raiders have initiated contingency plans to replace rookie sensation Anthony Milford, approaching New Zealand Test fullback Kevin Locke before the Warriors stepped in to block his release for next year.
The Raiders are not budging on Milford's request for an immediate release, adamant the 19-year-old will see out the remaining year of his contract in Canberra next year.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
lol, who else do we have INTERNALLY that can fill the spot?

The fact of the matter, you can call it prudent or what not.. but truth is, we are without a full back for next season. Sure, we can save some cash and have a miserable 2014, with INU or Perrett back there.. thats a great alternative. Who knows what kind of intangible damage that will bring... nobody wants to be part of a losing club right? Jmoz's contract is rolling off.

or blow 500-600k on a certain somebody...(assuming thats the asking price) So I mean, its hard to say that we didnt put ourselves in this little bit of trouble isn't it? You lose a potential 'superstar' fullback, but by judging from your post it appears that you assume Des wants an equal to replace him? better yet, get an equal for less cash. you're dreaming. Whoever is making the decisions is dreaming. I wouldnt be surprised if we got nobody this year... and then next year rolls, we come 10th.

say what you want about locke, chances are we'd be paying 450k for him as well.. and considering what we're facing next year, i'd say that is money well spent. im no recruiting staff, but to put 'good management' in the same thought as 't-rex, forward, 600k' is a ****ing oxymoron if there ever was one. A good forward is what we have in spades, we need to fork out the cash for a decent full back (locke, hoffman).

What was the harm in keeping the rat until we found someone? the harm being, we played shit. Well, im sorry but we are going to play shit with Inu or Perrett at fullback as well. The point I was trying to make was, we shouldve tightened the chains atleast till there was someone that we thought was worth it.

Look at Locke and Hoffman. **** man, those clubs bloody have a fullback and theyre not releasing them. hows that for 'good management?'
There is a big difference between releasing a player because they want to go somewhere else and releasing a player because nobody at the club wants him around anymore. Tighten the chains all you want but what is that going to achieve? How would that have put us in any better position to recruit a fullback? The fact was the players hated Barba, the training staff and management hated him but your solution is to keep him on the books to prove some ill conceived point and risk Brisbane losing interest. Then we're stuck with a player we don't want and may get stuck paying some of his salary to offload him to another club.

All you sound like is a pessimistic douche and a dull one at that. You honestly think all our problems from2013 will magically be fixed by signing a mediocre fullback? Since both theses fullbacks are capable of single handedly winning the comp why wasn't it a broncos vs storm GF?

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Kevin Locke contract is on and off everyday...
For the Daily Telegraph to come out and say that he is likely to be released the reporters must have an inside word or must be close to the negotiations as in have sources.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a big difference between releasing a player because they want to go somewhere else and releasing a player because nobody at the club wants him around anymore. Tighten the chains all you want but what is that going to achieve? How would that have put us in any better position to recruit a fullback? The fact was the players hated Barba, the training staff and management hated him but your solution is to keep him on the books to prove some ill conceived point and risk Brisbane losing interest. Then we're stuck with a player we don't want and may get stuck paying some of his salary to offload him to another club.

All you sound like is a pessimistic douche and a dull one at that. You honestly think all our problems from2013 will magically be fixed by signing a mediocre fullback? Since both theses fullbacks are capable of single handedly winning the comp why wasn't it a broncos vs storm GF?
im not asking for a magic bullet, im asking for a decent fullback. Inu and Perrett are not that. You can get personal all you want, but I raise valid points. barba was on 350k. im sure we could've gone atleast another year. put it this way, we are no worse of a position than with barba coming off the bench or something like that.

are you saying that we would be in a better position without hoffman or locke? tell me honestly, in 2014, we would be better with Inu, Perrett, or whoever at fullback. (Jmoz not counted)

Z

Zenna

For the Daily Telegraph to come out and say that he is likely to be released the reporters must have an inside word or must be close to the negotiations as in have sources.
Yep true and Locke getting chummy with our boyz in tha NZ side

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
im not asking for a magic bullet, im asking for a decent fullback. Inu and Perrett are not that. You can get personal all you want, but I raise valid points. barba was on 350k. im sure we could've gone atleast another year. put it this way, we are no worse of a position than with barba coming off the bench or something like that.

are you saying that we would be in a better position without hoffman or locke? tell me honestly, in 2014, we would be better with Inu, Perrett, or whoever at fullback. (Jmoz not counted)
I'm saying people's obsession with signing either of these 2 is misguided. They are not that good and they aren't going to fix any pRoblems from 2013. They will be nothing more than what they are and that's a good fullback who is capable of the odd bit of brilliance just like any other player. If they were all that good why did both their clubs look to replace them?

If we sign either of them that's great if we don't then we'll make do.

Status
Not open for further replies.