Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me dead. I listened to the new waste song last night, got me pumped to spend the day listening to them, forgot my fucking headphones!!! Don't think the rest of the office was like it if I blasted it through my pc speakers lol
Many of nights back in the day we spun hazardous mutation at a mates and got a loungeroom circle pit going. Maybe the neighbors didn't like the thrashing of the christ,unleash the bastards and abusement park , played at ear splitting levels but its the fucking waste dude.
Bit like this song you can't sit still makes you want to rip your own head off and kick fuck out of it, in a good way of course.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Extortionist

I Am

The Last Ten Seconds Of Life

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me dead. I listened to the new waste song last night, got me pumped to spend the day listening to them, forgot my fucking headphones!!! Don't think the rest of the office was like it if I blasted it through my pc speakers lol
I leave a set of my old headphones at work because of this. The funny thing is that they are frigging MASSIVE, so I look like a total idiot when I wear them but it is better than having no music for a whole day.

One day I wore them walking to work, and a whole bunch of school kids pointed and laughed at me.

Found a pic from when I forgot my headphones a couple of years ago.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I leave a set of my old headphones at work because of this. The funny thing is that they are frigging MASSIVE, so I look like a total idiot when I wear them but it is better than having no music for a whole day.

One day I wore them walking to work, and a whole bunch of school kids pointed and laughed at me.

Get a red marker and draw a b on the cans and they won't laugh next time.. they'll try and roll you haha

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ghetto head phones lol. Not even wireless lol.

Definitely getting another set for work

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So All That Remains have a new album coming out in a few days.

I know... I know ... they have that same stigmata as 5 Finger Death Punch.... and what made it worse was Phil Lambonte (who might I add is a seriously top bloke in real life as wifey and I met him years ago after gig at Forum) was quoted as saying:

"It's pushing the boundaries of what people expect from ALL THAT REMAINS, it's pushing the boundaries of what is 'acceptable' for a metal band. We really tried to do something that was different from what we've done historically and different from what other bands are doing. A lot of bands throw together a bunch of riffs, and they're, like, 'That's a song.' And we kind of didn't wanna look at it like that. We wanted to have some really dynamic stuff in there and some songs that really take you on a journey. And hopefully people feel that way when they listen to it."

Followed up by
"The disc we are working on right now is going to blow people's minds. It's gonna challenge you. There are songs like nothing we've ever done before."

You be the judge..

Only comment I'll make on this one.. is that the drums are too over processed and sound tinny. If there was a solid, deep, thump from the double kick I feel it would be better.

Unless they are using a drum machine when recording.

I haven't listened to them in a very long time... I think Overcome was the last straw for me. The biggest issue as I see it is that Phil is by far the weakest link in the band yest the leader.

Phil might be a nice guy face to face but when someone in the public eye is a fuckwit it tarnished how I feel about their product.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Life of Agony with Keith Caputo?

Was a pretty decent alt rock band in the day, and then he decided to transform into a woman. Made stranger by the fact that he/she/it performs now with the most masculine voice, tits, adams apple, and the most masculine jawline in history.

It's completely bizzare.

I only mention them because they have a new album coming out soon.

Starring International Douchebag of the Year for multiple years running.. Scott "I'm a complete and utter arsehole" Stapp.

Only good thing to ever come out of Creed... Alterbridge. :D

I had heard of them when Weiland was involved and pretty sure I have their first album. But I've got that much music I lose track.
All I remember is this

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here and it looks like I've found the metal thread. This album has been kicking my arse for the past week. Check it out