Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I had a boozy Friday night and decided to re-listen to all the stuff I used to like in the 80s, mainly all the hair metal that I’ve longed since abandoned. To me, the only things that stood the test of time was that Dee Snider was/is a pretty decent singer, AJ Pero was a great drummer and I still really like Blackie Lawless. And maybe also that George Lynch is a great guitar player and although I Ioved them at the time, Dokken sucked.
How dare you - I love Dokken - Beast From the East still gets air time in our house - Lynch was/is a weapon.

Fun fact, Lynch’s daughter was engaged to Nick Hipa from AILD...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I had a boozy Friday night and decided to re-listen to all the stuff I used to like in the 80s, mainly all the hair metal that I’ve longed since abandoned. To me, the only things that stood the test of time was that Dee Snider was/is a pretty decent singer, AJ Pero was a great drummer and I still really like Blackie Lawless. And maybe also that George Lynch is a great guitar player and although I Ioved them at the time, Dokken sucked.
Dee was great. Right up there with the best frontmen IMO.
Beneath all the showmanship and crap he had a pure metal growl. Love listening to him.
And didn't he give it to the PMRC pricks hahaha

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dare you - I love Dokken - Beast From the East still gets air time in our house - Lynch was/is a weapon.

Fun fact, Lynch’s daughter was engaged to Nick Hipa from AILD...
As I said, I still like George Lynch. Here is a great song he did with Living Colour's singer recently, who is one of my fav people on the planet. Not sure who the bass player is, but he is great too. The vids a bit cheesy though.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gave the new acdc, a sit down full listen start to finish. Pretty solid album very surprised going round again I think

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s finally up:

This is great btw, you can tell how tight Kirk and Cliff were and how much he still misses him.

Really good watch...

And can I just have a small rant (again) about how annoying it is that this thread is no longer stickied - arrgghhhh

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to Ensiferum a bit since I posted a previous video of theirs here. I actually am digging their stuff. This song, well the name incorporates three things l love, Rum, Women, Victory. Also, the music video is cool for the fact, because of covid and the band unable to play the song live they got their fans to record themselves rocking out to the song and incorporated into the video.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Apart from Tommy having a fear of the doctor to say "aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh" this is awesome. Shit subject but insane playing, RIP Jeff.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Old mate from Children Of Bodom died.