Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cheeky new (used) gear day. Grabbed an Ibanez RGR321EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts off Gumtree for $250. Nothing screams metal wankery like a reverse headstock and I'm all for it.
Snapchat-392391593.jpeg

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheeky new (used) gear day. Grabbed an Ibanez RGR321EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts off Gumtree for $250. Nothing screams metal wankery like a reverse headstock and I'm all for it.View attachment 10170
Nice. I had a similar one years ago, reverse colour scheme but. I had dimarzio crunch lab/ liquifire in it. Seriously regret selling it. Just like the 100 other ibbies I've owned and sold lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nice. I had a similar one years ago, reverse colour scheme but. I had dimarzio crunch lab/ liquifire in it. Seriously regret selling it. Just like the 100 other ibbies I've owned and sold lol
I'm not a huge fan of the black with white(ish) binding, but for $250 I couldn't pass it up. I'm an Ibanez whore. I have 5 of those ***** alone atm.

This is the first time I've had Blackouts. Real hard and punchy, I like them. Keen to hear how they react when I set it up in Drop A#.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the black with white(ish) binding, but for $250 I couldn't pass it up. I'm an Ibanez whore. I have 5 of those ***** alone atm.

This is the first time I've had Blackouts. Real hard and punchy, I like them. Keen to hear how they react when I set it up in Drop A#.
Yea I reckon I've probably owned at least 20 Rg's over the years lol. I don't have any right now. Though I have been trying to track down a yellow one I sold. I've regretted that one since the moment I sold it

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Yea I reckon I've probably owned at least 20 Rg's over the years lol. I don't have any right now. Though I have been trying to track down a yellow one I sold. I've regretted that one since the moment I sold it
Soooo I grew up playing drums for way too long and I’ve got an absolute hard-on to learn guitar - acoustic.

Mrs BF wants to buy me one, but not too sure where to start, some mates have given advice but I’m open to anything...

Thoughts?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooo I grew up playing drums for way too long and I’ve got an absolute hard-on to learn guitar - acoustic.

Mrs BF wants to buy me one, but not too sure where to start, some mates have given advice but I’m open to anything...

Thoughts?
Without a doubt, get a Tanglewood. They can be had for around 300 and I swear to god, fucking phenomenal guitars. I've got 3. They're all 10x better than my brothers $1k Takamine.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I grew up on drums too, but picked up acoustic many years back.

As El Mag said, Tanglewood's are great. There's a number of other decent ones you can get from music stores.

Generally you want to spend at least $300. Any lower and it's not worth it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?
If the mrs is buying tell her a martin d28 1937 authentic series...........its only 10k

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

As El Mag said, Tanglewood's are great. There's a number of other decent ones you can get from music stores.

Although, I picked up a Tanglewood parlour sized acoustic for brand new for $200. It's my go to now.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Although, I picked up a Tanglewood parlour sized acoustic for brand new for $200. It's my go to now.
Seen a couple online for $200 - Crossroads and Dreadnought?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen a couple online for $200 - Crossroads and Dreadnought?
Yea my Parlour is from the Crossroads series. I think it's their bottom of the line range. Don't let that fool you though. Excellent quality and they sound great.

Derringers music have a few different models. TWUD is a really good one for 300. If I was you id probably look at something like that

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea my Parlour is from the Crossroads series. I think it's their bottom of the line range. Don't let that fool you though. Excellent quality and they sound great.

Derringers music have a few different models. TWUD is a really good one for 300. If I was you id probably look at something like that
Thanks man, definitely a bit of a Rabbit Hole when you start looking.

I know what a good acoustic sounds like so that’s the hardest bit, knowing I won’t get that sound but something in the ballpark will be rad....

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, definitely a bit of a Rabbit Hole when you start looking.

I know what a good acoustic sounds like so that’s the hardest bit, knowing I won’t get that sound but something in the ballpark will be rad....
All good dude. I'd be really surprised if you don't love the sound and feel of a tw.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

New Make Them Suffer. Absolutely fucking fiiiiilltthhhyyyy. Need better quality but fuuuuck me. Never disappoint.