Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Red Eye and Utopia.... so much money and so much time spent there.

Oh and was it Collector Records in Parramatta?

On another note (not at all metal related) BUT ... I wonder if this course teaches you the maximum beats per minute required to have chicks smashing pingers and getting loose:
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/deadmau5-teaches-electronic-music-production
There was another one in the city that I can't remember the name of.....it'll come to me.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Shits me. All the good concerts are happening while I'm out of Australia. I'm going to New York, San Fran then LA. The bonus part is that while I'm in New York, Morbid Angel are playing with Revocation and Suffocation.
I'm either flying out that day or the day after for Europe. Will have to check. Man i wanna see this gig bad.

Still remember meeting them in the old utopia records. Dimebag was happy as fuck and could see he wasnt bullshiting.
When they left we chased their van down the street this poor **** in a wheelchair hit the gutter and went flying. Still remember pantera looking back at us helping poor old mate into his chair
It wasn't Slasher was it? Lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm either flying out that day or the day after for Europe. Will have to check. Man i wanna see this gig bad.

It wasn't Slasher was it? Lol
Lol fuck me dead.was that the old **** that used to rock up to shows in his motorised scooter ? Didn't the **** have brain damage from trying to stage dive at a sadistic execution gig ?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Lol fuck me dead.was that the old **** that used to rock up to shows in his motorised scooter ? Didn't the **** have brain damage from trying to stage dive at a sadistic execution gig ?
Yeah thats the geezer. He had a stereo hooked up as well. Sikk ****.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

@Mitch Connor no doubt you're already onto this?
Yeah pinched it on Monday. I enjoy this band. I completely get why people can't stand them because of the cleans but at least he's getting away from high pitched singing and trying to sound male.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Northlane at all but I've been listening to their new album this morning and have to admit that I'm really enjoying it. The music is phenomenal.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Northlane at all but I've been listening to their new album this morning and have to admit that I'm really enjoying it. The music is phenomenal.
Yet to sit down and give it a fair listen, it's been on in the background and sounds okay. Problem I have is the riff in Citizen is used about 7 times elsewhere on the album.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet to sit down and give it a fair listen, it's been on in the background and sounds okay. Problem I have is the riff in Citizen is used about 7 times elsewhere on the album.
Yep. They've definitely found something they like and stuck with it. It's the beats that get me more than anything. Good technical offbeats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought you'd like it. I'm not usually that big a fan of theirs but I really dig this record
Same. I listen to them occasionally but usually find them a bit boring. This album is awesome though.

Seems to be the way things are going. As I mentioned earlier. Really don't like Northlane but their new album is amazing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Valhalore, Rise of Avernus and Saralisse at the Bald Faced Stag tonight

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, for all you thrash fans out there, in January these guys released this album which is only their second album. They've only been around about 5 years but have a classic thrash metal sound

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@El_Magic

So I've finally wrapped my head around all the VST shit and recording and the whole bat shit crazy amount of shit that's out there and that you sent me.

I could never crack Bias but I've found I don't really like it all that much and some of the free shit I have is just as good.

My go to set up atm is TSE 808 pedal > TSE X50 vol 2 (Peavey amp head sim) and then the fuck off amount of impulses that come with it and that are available elsewhere.

What a fucking time to be alive.

https://www.tseaudio.com/software/x50v2 - Give this a go if you haven't already.