Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me.. or is Ghost COMPLETELY overrated, and not even remotely in the metal genre??

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me.. or is Ghost COMPLETELY overrated, and not even remotely in the metal genre??
They've always been about stage presence, style and shock value. Similar to Gwar. The music is pretty rubbish but they make it interesting.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have friends whose opinion I greatly value froth over them but I just fucking find it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Picked up Everygreys "The Storm Within", recently and just had a chance to get through the entire album.

For the purist metal lovers they won't enjoy it, but if your into a bit of power/prog metal which has a bit of depth, excellent vocals, beautifully thoughtful lyrics, and a strong theme through the album, it's definitely worth checking out and won't disappoint.

Tom Englund really has an amazing voice which he showcases in the album, and the production is top notch. Clarity on a good sound system is spectacular.

What's just as impressive is Tom actually replying to people on Youtube (similar to Richard Patrcik on Blabbermouth) regarding their thoughts on the album.

Looking forward to new Sonata Arctica coming out in next 24 hours.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of prog, these guys will be supporting Lacuna Coil next week.

Only been listening to them for a few weeks but they have some really decent music. Kind of a mix between Devin Townsend and Monuments

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
got my 3 day pass for hellfest next year and accommodation booked.

ive been walking around with a boner all day.
You heard gate creeper? Mate played some today good old death metal not over produced its nice

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
You heard gate creeper? Mate played some today good old death metal not over produced its nice
nah but i just checked em out and sounding the goods. i love that gothenburg sound. i dont know if its the tuning or the gear theyre using but you can def spot it from a mile away.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
nah but i just checked em out and sounding the goods. i love that gothenburg sound. i dont know if its the tuning or the gear theyre using but you can def spot it from a mile away.
oops, i got my cities mixed up. i meant the "stockholm sound". :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manning bar syd uni if we can get a fucking park lol
I except to be called a **** for answering this late.. BUT...

Generally of a night the parking just off Missenden Rd where Father O'Briens Lifehouse is, the gates open and parking is free!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/vvQ2eEdtDfE2

At least it was for at least 5 times of a night on weekends when I visited my grandfather in RPA.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Park either in the Uni (there's some spots usually available) or park near the footbridge on the other side of the main road. If worse comes to worse, park at Broadway shopping centre

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a spot they were fucking slick as funny Norwegian ***** ,loved when a dude tried to get a cd signed when they were playing. The singers pipes up "should i just sign it ****" lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

and on another note, Dani Filth is an interesting one..

He's not satanic or into the devil, but moreso gothic. Gets around in his face paint, and yet speaks very prim and proper English. Apparently he's a really nice bloke in real life too and a massive japanese anime geek.