From the mole

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Think of the Mole as David Holland with a column on nines website. He wakes up in the morning and writes whatever dribble he can think of to fill his monthly quota.
No quotes, no nothing. His column is no longer relevant in this day and age. Shouldve retired with rugby league week.
Bit harsh,he's having a crack mate.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lol every little scoop on today’s article is a joke .

‘I could be writing this shit and do a better job

Flanagan played at sharks , fitz will be coach 1+1 = 9
dogs searching for players - gamble is off comtract . lets link him
brenko lee to thrive at broncos - anyway wouldnt any players and club expect a new signing to thrive - anyway he was shit at the storm
Brad Arthur’s son big decision on future - kid is only 18 and isn’t ready to be in 1st grade permanently.
You know the article is complete dribble when it's talking up Brenko Lee...he be shit at footy.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan does have the skills to be a quality NRL halfback.
He can pass and kick well, I've seen him do it.
He is & has been down on confidence, the forward pack we have has really struggled this season to match it with the opposition which hasn't helped and Flanagan hasn't challenged the defensive line or ran the ball hardly at all.
Dogs signed for 3 years @ $450k a season (according to the Kennel) so somehow I doubt there will be an easy fix like he goes to Cronulla, we are not that lucky, but if he does it could be a win win for him and the club.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Flanagan does have the skills to be a quality NRL halfback.
He can pass and kick well, I've seen him do it.
He is & has been down on confidence, the forward pack we have has really struggled this season to match it with the opposition which hasn't helped and Flanagan hasn't challenged the defensive line or ran the ball hardly at all.
Dogs signed for 3 years @ $450k a season (according to the Kennel) so somehow I doubt there will be an easy fix like he goes to Cronulla, we are not that lucky, but if he does it could be a win win for him and the club.
I'm scared but I haven't given up on him yet.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Dodged a bullet with green, Flanagan is still the better option we took.
I think the problem with Flanagan is that his scared to get hit,
needs to go in the ring for a few rounds and toughen up .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think the problem with Flanagan is that his scared to get hit,
needs to go in the ring for a few rounds and toughen up .
Plus he cant lead and knows it. He is a support player at best.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He must have been fine last year. Equal highest try assists in the league (23) with Jarome Luai but remember Luai had the advantage of much better players all around him. I read the Sharks are only offering Johnson 400K so he's considering Super League. Would be a shame if we didn't make a play for him for cheap if we could shed Flanagan. I'm sure the Sharks would be interested. Johnson has to be a much better option for us than Gamble. He's capable of breaking even the best defense in the NRL. Remember he was a top touch footy player and that's virtually what the NRL is now.
His our injured again this weekend….

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do your propose we sign, Avo has shown more than any of our halves on this roster, he is at least worth persisting with. Walker is high on confidence once that subsides we will see where he ends up.
Great post, can't understand why so many don't rate Avo, TBaz would be stupid if he did not give Avo and Wakeham 5-6 games to see how they gell after their Canberra showing. While giving Flanno the same amount of games in CC, to let him gain confidence and see if he is worth been given another opportunity in the NRL.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Great post, can't understand why so many don't rate Avo, TBaz would be stupid if he did not give Avo and Wakeham 5-6 games to see how they gell after their Canberra showing. While giving Flanno the same amount of games in CC, to let him gain confidence and see if he is worth been given another opportunity in the NRL.
I’ve said it before Avo has all the talent in the world but looks lazy.
If he can get hungry he will be first class player.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD some of you are starting to sound exactly like the fans we despise from other clubs. So Flanno hasn't been up to scratch so you all want to dump him...what after 8 or 9 weeks and buy this player or that player. This sh!t is in the realms of a chooks or storm page not TK. It seems you blokes also need to toughen up a bit and ride the tide. I have been a Canterbury Bankstown since 1960 and I've witnessed good and bad times and I'm still here. Just let the coach do his work and I'm sure we will all be cheering again pretty soon.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What dogs need is experience not kids for long term options

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly have no clue if Flanagan is wanting to jump ship at this stage. But if he's going to do this every time he comes to a road block, his career won't last long. Nobody owes him a starting halves spot. Maybe he's got it in him to eventually be a great half, maybe not.

For every great player, there's a time in their career when they had a reality check that makes them realize they can't take things for granted. This should be about the fourth time that Flanagan has faced one of these moments if you consider that he was demoted at the Roosters then dumped by them. It's no time for him to look at his game, cop any constructive criticism that the coaches give him and work on making himself the player he wants to be by doing the work to iron out his flaws in the lower grades.