From the mole

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Don't be surprised if out-of-favour Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan ends up back were it all began for him - at Cronulla - in 2022.

Dumped by the Roosters last season, Flanagan has already been axed by Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett, who has set his sights on Broncos youngster Tyson Gamble for next season.

If Gamble does join the Bulldogs, there is simply no point in Flanagan staying.

And the Sharks are desperate for a playmaker, with Chad Townsend moving to the Cowboys and Shaun Johnson, Matt Moylan and Braydon Trindall all off contract and likely to leave.

Flanagan worked with incoming Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon at the Roosters last year and is still held in high regard in the Shire.

GUN FORWARD MAY LEAVE DOGHOUSE
Rampaging forward Renouf Atoni may be lost to the Bulldogs next season - because he is sick of losing.

Atoni has looked good in a struggling Canterbury side this year and he is in the sights of at least three clubs - the Sharks, Dragons and Cowboys.

The 25-year-old Kiwi-born prop is happy enough at the Bulldogs, who are keen to re-sign him.

But Atoni has won just 11 of the 39 games he has played - and the lure of that winning feeling may see him pack his bags and leave in 2022.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mole may as well be a poster on TK. Absolutely nothing in that story... just giving us his opinion albeit a dumb one..

"If Gamble does join the Bulldogs, there is simply no point in Flanagan staying"

Why not Mole? Doesn't he have a contract? Can't he fight it out with Gamble, Avo for a spot?

Having said that, I hope Flanagan goes back to the sharks but No to gamble who is average, even as a backup.

Malla

Reaction score
Mole may as well be a poster on TK. Absolutely nothing in that story... just giving us his opinion albeit a dumb one..

"If Gamble does join the Bulldogs, there is simply no point in Flanagan staying"

Why not Mole? Doesn't he have a contract? Can't he fight it out with Gamble, Avo for a spot?

Having said that, I hope Flanagan goes back to the sharks but No to gamble who is average, even as a backup.
Well I think if he chooses to leave instead of fighting for a spot, that kinda typifies who he is and why he might never be a good first grader. Not always going to go your way, sometimes you need to work hard and earn your spot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gamble is not what we need, he lacks finesse and is all energy - ala J.Reynolds.
He might be okay as a utility, could probably cover a number of positions. Rather Topine in that role if he isn't starting though. Gamble as a genuine starting half is lol and I'd probably need some time away from the club if that happened.

Mole just dribbles on....says Renouf might leave because he's sick of losing, names other loser clubs as options for him, then claims Renouf is happy at the club and they want to re-sign him lol.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope Gamble isn't on the clubs radar. He's not a FG calibre half.

Renouf needs to be re-signed. Losing him when we desperately need forwards wouldn't make sense.
Yeah, ridiculous if true, Gamble is rubbish, would be a sideways or backwards move, if we are looking at offloading Flanagan I hope we are looking at someone better than Gamble

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We really need some quality depth in the halves. Last time we had that was when Thurston was coming off the bench.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Since when has dropping a player for underperforming is a big deal?
How many articles has there been about Flanagan been dropped.
Get over it media scum he got dropped for being shit.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine Kyle's father wanting him back at the Sharks.
I don't believe Shane's separation from the club was all that rosie.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club wanted to get rid of Flanagan why did we not go hard for Reynolds. Stupid.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno won't be going anywhere.
He will be back. Needs to fix a few things.
Burton and flanno will be great together.
1.Averillo
6.Burton
7.flanno
9.Clark

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Since when has dropping a player for underperforming is a big deal?
How many articles has there been about Flanagan been dropped.
Get over it media scum he got dropped for being shit.
Because Kyle can't handle being dropped.