News From ball boy to the NRL: This Bulldog’s blood is as blue as they come

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My thinking re Cogger - what sorta ceiling do we think he has? I mean I hope for his own sake that he can be great.. but I just worry that he doesn't have the right attributes for that.. no X Factor, doesn't do things at pace, not a great kicking game.. you can't just be a reliable player and taste real success
He will have a career like Blake green

Darciemcd

Waterboy
Reaction score
They are trying very hard and as I’ve said before they aim to send a dozen weekly reports to the media. I’m glad we are getting positive media attention now

This story and the Lachie Lewis story a few weeks back came from the Fox League shoots that were happening last month... we got to speak to 2 players from each club. Such a great opportunity to get the players one on one with zero distractions... p.s glad that so many of you like this one! :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This story and the Lachie Lewis story a few weeks back came from the Fox League shoots that were happening last month... we got to speak to 2 players from each club. Such a great opportunity to get the players one on one with zero distractions... p.s glad that so many of you like this one! :grinning:
That’s great and well done Darcie :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will have a career like Blake green

I think so.. I actually made a comment a while ago that he is a Blake Green type of player. I am fine with him being picked personally, he will get better... just hope that we get to see more of Wakeham this year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A dozen! I don't mind this strategy, it beats sitting back whinging about how unfair and biased the media is, which feels good for the moment, but achieves nothing.
Need the same theory to be applied to cultivating the player/managers...get 'em on side until Gus takes over ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't agree with "it achieves nothing", one of the measures sponsors, advertisers and potentials look at is how much media coverage a team gets. It's doesn't matter whether it FTA TV, Pay TV radio, newspapers, online or other social media. Every time they see potential for their name to be mentioned of their logo shown makes us more attractive to them. So the more media attention we can generate the more attractive we look the higher chance there is of landing a major sponsor plus retaining the ones we already have for longer and for money money. Fans want results, but sponsors want value for their money in brand recognition.
Sure, its not like negative media attention ever cost us sponsors...
WTF, where was was the negative media in this ................ I must have missed it.
Maybe go back and read what I posted, "it" (meaning press like this) most definitely achieves something.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks Darcie. Always good to see some positive media for the Bulldogs :grinning:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WTF, where was was the negative media in this ................ I must have missed it.
Maybe go back and read what I posted, "it" (meaning press like this) most definitely achieves something.

Go Dogs
Go back and look at what exactly I said achieves nothing, which you disagreed with.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Go back and look at what exactly I said achieves nothing, which you disagreed with.
The problem was that your response was completely out of context with the post that it was in response to (and that you quoted). Not disagreeing with what you said, just that it was not in any way relevant to the post it was relying to. If you had simply posted it on its own, without falsely linking it to a quote, then it wouldn't have drawn the response. The context of the post was what was important.

It appears as a desperate need to post something negative even if it had nothing to do with the positive subject at hand.

Go Dogs

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember during one of our Broncos games Gus told a story of a recent interview with Payne Haas about his schoolboy football career and he mentioned there was a player that made Westfields the team to beat and they would eventually win the national schoolboys title.

That player was Brandon Wakeham.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem was that your response was completely out of context with the post that it was in response to (and that you quoted). Not disagreeing with what you said, just that it was not in any way relevant to the post it was relying to. If you had simply posted it on its own, without falsely linking it to a quote, then it wouldn't have drawn the response. The context of the post was what was important.

It appears as a desperate need to post something negative even if it had nothing to do with the positive subject at hand.

Go Dogs
I think it is a bit far fetched to say "completely" out of context. And an exaggeration to say "not in any way relevant". My reply was pretty straight forward though subtle, I picked up on the figure of articles the club sends out each week, and contrasted it with a summation of the common view that tends to get expressed on TK, that the media are biased against us. Such a view can induce paralysis, so its good to see the club being proactive to the degree that it is. So sitting back and moaning is what doesn't achieve anything, and your response was "it does achieve something". Which seems kinda weird.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He always looks like he is having a good time on the field even though he is super competitive. I also think he is a likeable player compared to other young players Like Dylan brown Who I find a little boring and overrated.

The club hasn’t invested way too much time in Wakeham and won’t allow him to go elsewhere. He definitely has a future at the club. However, cogger and Lewis will start the season and understandably.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good story