1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News From ball boy to the NRL: This Bulldog’s blood is as blue as they come

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by beastwood89, Feb 14, 2020.

1. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

If the siblings can also play footy.. we got 70% of the team sorted in a few years time..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  2. BELMORE

BELMORE Kennel Addict

He will have a career like Blake green

3. Darciemcd

Darciemcd Waterboy

This story and the Lachie Lewis story a few weeks back came from the Fox League shoots that were happening last month... we got to speak to 2 players from each club. Such a great opportunity to get the players one on one with zero distractions... p.s glad that so many of you like this one! :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Natboy II

Natboy II Kennel Enthusiast

That’s great and well done Darcie :grinning:

• Love Love x 1
  5. Howard Moon

Howard Moon Kennel Immortal Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

I think so.. I actually made a comment a while ago that he is a Blake Green type of player. I am fine with him being picked personally, he will get better... just hope that we get to see more of Wakeham this year

6. wendog33

wendog33 Kennel Addict

Need the same theory to be applied to cultivating the player/managers...get 'em on side until Gus takes over ;)

7. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

WTF, where was was the negative media in this ................ I must have missed it.
    Maybe go back and read what I posted, "it" (meaning press like this) most definitely achieves something.

Go Dogs

8. wendog33

wendog33 Kennel Addict

Thanks Darcie. Always good to see some positive media for the Bulldogs :grinning:

9. Psycho Doggie

Psycho Doggie Kennel Enthusiast

Go back and look at what exactly I said achieves nothing, which you disagreed with.

10. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

The problem was that your response was completely out of context with the post that it was in response to (and that you quoted). Not disagreeing with what you said, just that it was not in any way relevant to the post it was relying to. If you had simply posted it on its own, without falsely linking it to a quote, then it wouldn't have drawn the response. The context of the post was what was important.

It appears as a desperate need to post something negative even if it had nothing to do with the positive subject at hand.

Go Dogs

11. Dawain87

Dawain87 Kennel Regular

I remember during one of our Broncos games Gus told a story of a recent interview with Payne Haas about his schoolboy football career and he mentioned there was a player that made Westfields the team to beat and they would eventually win the national schoolboys title.

That player was Brandon Wakeham.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  12. Psycho Doggie

Psycho Doggie Kennel Enthusiast

I think it is a bit far fetched to say "completely" out of context. And an exaggeration to say "not in any way relevant". My reply was pretty straight forward though subtle, I picked up on the figure of articles the club sends out each week, and contrasted it with a summation of the common view that tends to get expressed on TK, that the media are biased against us. Such a view can induce paralysis, so its good to see the club being proactive to the degree that it is. So sitting back and moaning is what doesn't achieve anything, and your response was "it does achieve something". Which seems kinda weird.

13. BMOC

BMOC Kennel Regular

He always looks like he is having a good time on the field even though he is super competitive. I also think he is a likeable player compared to other young players Like Dylan brown Who I find a little boring and overrated.

The club hasn’t invested way too much time in Wakeham and won’t allow him to go elsewhere. He definitely has a future at the club. However, cogger and Lewis will start the season and understandably.

• Like Like x 1
  14. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

Surely dean he has the bulldogs dna

15. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

Good story