From a concerned supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Cazz said:
I take my five kids to all the home games we live 3 hours away from Sydney and so far this year we have only missed one home game
We all have season tickets and we will be buying them again next year
People say we are crazy for making the long drive to watch football but we all love the bulldogs and its worth the trip every time

Wow man you're a wonderful supporter. That's awesome of you and your whole family. Makes bums like me who live a stones throw away feel bad for not being at every game an hour early.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think our crowds are down because weve finally managed to get rid of most of the ******** supporters that just cause **** :p

Thats why our crowds have been down about 5000-9000 every game :p

Which would you rather. High crowds and trouble makers or Low crowds and a good image.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PineappleBoy said:
I think our crowds are down because weve finally managed to get rid of most of the ******** supporters that just cause **** :p

Thats why our crowds have been down about 5000-9000 every game :p

Which would you rather. High crowds and trouble makers or Low crowds and a good image.
i dont even think this deserves an answer tbh......but i will give it one anyway..

the trouble makers.....DUH!!!!
:p

imo u hit the nail on the head piney....

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
i have a season pass and have been to all games except the one which was on Greek Easter.

i think Noad had said in a newspaper article because we dont play friday night, we are losing money... which i see as the main reason why our crowd turn out isnt that good this year :(

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brisbane and Dragons game will give our average a good boost.

A

atomic_crimson

attended all sydney games... only havent gone to newie and canberra at thier home games, also went to melb, go all finals games and the GF....

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
zxcv said:
How many games has everyone been to this year?

How many Kennelers are members (obviously if you live in Sydney)?

Good to know where those Doggies fans have gone.
I haven't really been counting but I have only missed a few home games (2-3 I think) and I have made it to a few away games as well... I'd say I have gone to about half of all the doggies games so far this season.

Also I am not a season ticket holder, or a Kennel member, but I am a member of Canterbury leagues and I generally spend my hard earned there at least once a week!

Starrdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Suncorp when we shalacked by the the stinkin Broncos.. Also the Cows game @ Carrara.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
I've been to the following games, keeping in mind I live on the Gold Coast. I'll be attending the Dragons and Broncos games in the coming weeks:

Rd 6: Rabbitohs
Rd 7: Manly
Rd 12: Broncos
Rd 15: Cowboys

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sad to say i have been to none, i just have other sporting commitments on the weekend, the only possible games i could go to a friday nite games which we haven't had any since those idiots in rd2, what makes it even worse is that i have been to a parra game.
arn't crowds down in general though? we had have one year where crowds were down in the nrl as i think the last three have all been record breaking years.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your average Bulldog supporter is an ordinary working-class man or maybe involved in a small business. Either way, they are doing it tougher than ever. Discretionary spending is at an all-time low. The economy is "booming" only for big business - mining companies and other multinationals in particular. Everyone else is struggling under rising petrol prices, rising interest rates, flattening house prices, rising rents, and employment cut-backs. Add to that the insecurity of most employment these days and you have a supporter base that is largely beset by budgetary worries.

Quite simply, the people who support rugby league, and the Bulldogs in particular, are cutting back. And one of the first things to go will always be weekend excursions to the footy.

madroota

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been to 3 games so far and will probably go to the Saints and Broncos games plus semi's. It's an economics thing for me. If I decide to go on game day with my wife and kids, it'll cost me $70 just to get into the ground. Add at least $30 for food, petrol and parking and it's a $100 day for my family. I pay arond $60 per month for Foxtel, so it's hard to justify spending $100 when I can watch it at home, especially with petrol and mortgage prices going up regularly.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven't had as many night games this year have we? That might be a reason the crowds have been down.

DrHouse

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well for Starters the NRL has a lot to do with it.
Parra vs Dogs on Mothers Day if yiu played that game on a Fri or Sat night you would of got 25,000 +.
For a Team who is second on the table and to get one fri night match is a joke
The main reason is the real football is taking off thanks to the off field behaviour of league players and the success of the boys at the world cup.
Also Sydney FC have now over 5000 season ticket holders how many do the league teams have ?

PICK YOUR GAME UP NRL the supporters are not happy

23_EzA_23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm a member so I've been to every game at telstra. I've also gone to watch the doogies play at Newcastle, Canberra, SFS and Kogarah.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been to three games this year. Two of them had crowd trouble, inside and outside the ground. Left a bitter taste in my mouth and shamed me as a fan.

I'll still go, but family commitments must come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.