Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Compare to Kasiano who got 2 weeks for sitting on Lukes head

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure he got a grade 5 careless tackle, carries 275 points.

If it was reckless, it would be 500 points.

Browne was falling (mainly due to De Bellend's hit).

I think it is a fair suspension. The unfair part is we lost a player and they didn't.
This.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't get my one cylinder brain around the judiciary's point system, but a two week suspension sounds as though its too light for a grade 5 high tackle.

And how the hell can they call a high shot that was meant to hit the target "careless"?
In ESL Rangi Chase got grade 5 for a cannonball tackle, he got 7 weeks , no ifs, no buts. I thought that a grading was the level of intent and danger not the type of offense so does that mean grade five is the worst?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what Ben Lowe gets for attacking the legs of Thurston while kicking. He's on report. Let's see how consistent the NRL is this time
Thinking the same, myself. The silence is deafening from Bunnies supporters who were calling for offenders to be rubbed out of the game only a week ago. One can only imagine what would have happened had that tackle won the game for the Cowboys 2 minutes from full time.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frizzell hit Browne with a swinging arm in the middle of his head, not just on the chin. His feet was off the ground wish means he launched at him.
Does anyone else think the grading of careless instead of reckless is to justify not sending him off???

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fine with the frizzell one

what i hate is

graham grade 2 for the reynolds 1, ben lowe no charge for last night
all the dissent charges we got and snowden gets no charge for how he talked to the ref

line in the sand ? please, reactive charges forced by the media

Morris_Hands

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was charged with a grade 5 and only got 2 weeks because of his clean record. Fair enough penalty IMO.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think the judiciary have been very lenient on frizell theres no consistency in charges for similar incidents, and theres now the stench of it being a bulldogs player it doesnt matter as the club deserved it

2 weeks for knocking someone out cold, thats a slap on the fingers

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think the judiciary have been very lenient on frizell theres no consistency in charges for similar incidents, and theres now the stench of it being a bulldogs player it doesnt matter as the club deserved it

2 weeks for knocking someone out cold, thats a slap on the fingers
If your not a dogs player than you get a light sentence. Get rid of these clowns. I swear the wiggles are running the show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he's challenging it guys
If I didn't read about it myself I would not have believed you.

Where he has an advantage I guess is that he could argue that Cat 5 is too harsh as it is not in the worst category of tackles... it was completely bs that it was classified as "careless" when it should have been reckless at the very least.

The real fault lies at whoever called it careless in the first place.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Where he has an advantage I guess is that he could argue that Cat 5 is too harsh as it is not in the worst category of tackles... it was completely bs that it was classified as "careless" when it should have been reckless at the very least.

Too true mate. The following is for any who care to understand the importance of correct charges being placed.

Dictionary meaning of the word careless: Not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoid harm or errors

Dictionary meaning of the word reckless: Without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action

These two words are classed as synonyms: Dictionary meaning of a synonym; a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In ESL Rangi Chase got grade 5 for a cannonball tackle, he got 7 weeks , no ifs, no buts. I thought that a grading was the level of intent and danger not the type of offense so does that mean grade five is the worst?
I've always thought that a grade 1 charge was the least dangerous and for a grade 5 you go to the gallows.

But maybe they've got a two tier charge and suspension regime: The Bulldogs and THe Others.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe fifita is fighting it too doubt they'll downgrade a tackle like that

bulldogs lover

Waterboy
Reaction score
Klemer gets 3 weeks for swearing this idiot hit tim brown that bad could of broken his jaw is getting 2 weeks and there fighting the charge doesn't make sense

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He deserves about that and didn't deserve to be sent off as badly as he connected. Maybe three weeks would have been more appropriate. I agree though that if Graham had made that tackle, he would have been sent off and copped 6 weeks.
Exactly this.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant believe in the short amount of time since the illegal tackle on Alex Mckinnon that came close to ending his life, and the amount of coward punch and concussion stories covered in the media. How this type of foul play is still tolerated in the game? I found it very concerning that last night Nrl 360 were trying to justify the head high shot on Brown by saying it is the tackling style being coached to the players. Look at the footage and it clearly shows frizells view of Brown was unobstructed , with eye to eye contact. It should be a great concern for players and their families that the people running the game allow a player to inflict the damage we saw on Sunday to remain on the field.

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Relax, there was nothing in it. If it was the other way where Browne put the hit on Frizelle you would all be saying it was nothing.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No, any dogs player effecting that type of high shot and you would have all the knuckle dragging league supporters and media debating 6 or 8 week suspension.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm remembering what I saw on the slow mo replay and IMO the tackle was neither careless or reckless. It was deliberate with the intent to take the player out. His arm scored a direct hit around Tim Browne's jaw. As soon as he made the hit he dropped his arm to Tim's shoulder.

In fighting the charge hopefully he will be hit with the correct classification and grading and be given a long holiday from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.