Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

As some may know, my eldest has Autism, I just stumbled upon this course being offered by Swinburn University for free, it is a 6 week course, and may help anyone who has someone in their life with Autism

http://www.swinburne.edu.au/health-...ts/education-social-sciences/autism-mooc.html
That's awesome. Swinburne is a pretty good uni and have great online stuff. I've decided to return there this year to finish my BA in behavioural studies. They have good social sciences and psychology stuff.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome. Swinburne is a pretty good uni and have great online stuff. I've decided to return there this year to finish my BA in behavioural studies. They have good social sciences and psychology stuff.
I'm doing the same course Jacob! Through Swinburne too.
If I need any help I'll know to ask you.

Ecca you should definitely do it. I'm doing my BA through Swinburne in the same course as Jacob and my mental illness inspired me to do it so I can understand more about peoples behaviours and ways of thinking. It's an awesome way to get an understanding of your situation and when you can relate to it you're more interested in studying.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm doing the same course Jacob! Through Swinburne too.
If I need any help I'll know to ask you.

Ecca you should definitely do it. I'm doing my BA through Swinburne in the same course as Jacob and my mental illness inspired me to do it so I can understand more about peoples behaviours and ways of thinking. It's an awesome way to get an understanding of your situation and when you can relate to it you're more interested in studying.
I'm already enrolled, I have NO intention of being one of those dad's that leaves it all up to the mother. (Granted my wife does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to this subject)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I did some work at barnardos a few years ago back when i was at school, the amount of kids that were dumped by the parents because they had Autism was horrible. Good to see there are courses like this available for free.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brilliant idea.
Great to see pro-active parents like Ecca too.
The more tools you have, the easier the job is.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come to my house when all 3 are having a meltdown at once lol ,it can get interesting. Cheers for the link ecca ill check that out.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh cheers for the link ecca.
I signed up for the course and encouraged my family (parents brothers and sisters) to sign up. Mostly so they can get more understanding of my boy whom is on the spectrum.
Most days there is a challenge but there is plenty of support out there

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh cheers for the link ecca.
I signed up for the course and encouraged my family (parents brothers and sisters) to sign up. Mostly so they can get more understanding of my boy whom is on the spectrum.
Most days there is a challenge but there is plenty of support out there
It is good if you have parent's and family that support you, me for the most part, My parents are non believers (But keep their mouths shut), the Wife's Father and his Partner are non believers and quite vocal about it "There's nothing wrong etc".

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is good if you have parent's and family that support you, me for the most part, My parents are non believers (But keep their mouths shut), the Wife's Father and his Partner are non believers and quite vocal about it "There's nothing wrong etc".
That sucks mate.
We just moved back to where both our family's live because they were all to slack to drive an hour and a bit.
Either way even if you do have family support they can't understand how hard it can be sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.