News FREDDY WON’T DANCE THE FOX-TROT

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FREDDY WON’T DANCE THE FOX-TROT

Via Telegraph Sport

So what does Freddy Fittler think of Josh Addo-Carr’s World Cup form?

We contacted the NSW Blues coach after the Fox’s slashing five-try performance against Lebanon in the World Cup quarter-final.

It took him to 11 tries for the tournament from three games.

I texted Freddy on Saturday morning after the game and it went like this.

Buzz: “Freddy have you got 2 secs to chat about Josh Addo-Carr please.”

About half an hour later …

Freddy: “Haven’t watched the game as yet. What an enormous effort. He has had a fantastic World Cup. I love watching Josh in full flight. He can take our game to another level.”

I then asked the obvious question.

Buzz: “Should you have picked him this year and will you next year.”

We got a wishy-washy reply.

Freddy: “Origin was 5 months ago and Origin 2023 is seven months away.”

Buzz: “Fair enough, cheers.”

Good on Freddy for at least getting back to us.

No doubt he’s watched a replay by now and seen another phenomenal performance from the Canterbury Bulldogs superstar against Lebanon.

In fairness scoring a stack of tries against World Cup minnows is a lot different to Origin, the toughest footy that there is.

It is very easy to be smart after the event but back in June I wrote on many occasions that Addo-Carr should have been in the NSW side.

Obviously Panthers star Brian To’o deserved one spot but Addo-Carr, in your columnist’s humble opinion, should have been chosen ahead of Roosters winger Daniel Tupou.

Tupou does a fine job but doesn’t have X-factor.

Addo-Carr is not just a great winger but a wonderful character.

His teammates love him.

He can lighten up tense situations in rep camps better than anyone in the game.

He’s always happy and always cracking jokes. He makes people laugh.

More CoverageBreakaway comp: Clubs’ real rebel league threat rocks NRLShot fired: Teddy debunks World Cup rankings myth

On game day it’s a different story.

He turns up ready to play and hopefully next year it will be for the NSW Blues.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahahahaha freddy can shove his 2022 team in his ass. he knows he should have picked him and i’m glad addo carr stayed humble and played the way he is now to prove he warranted selection

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hahahahahaha freddy can shove his 2022 team in his ass. he knows he should have picked him and i’m glad addo carr stayed humble and played the way he is now to prove he warranted selection
From all accounts he handled it like a champion and you could see the way he played. Very refreshing compared to majority of other players who kick the can. That seems to be the norm these days

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all accounts he handled it like a champion and you could see the way he played. Very refreshing compared to majority of other players who kick the can. That seems to be the norm these days
Mate I disagree a little bit.

The 2 Sunday games when it was leaked that he wasn’t picked I reckon were his worst 2 games of the year. The first one was the game at Belmore against dragons when he had a shocker. Just kept trying intercepts.

The next one was against tigers. We won but you could tell he was off.

It just pissed me off because both were Sunday games and the team had been leaked.

Definitely agree that he smashed it after that though.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Freddy basically thought he could pick whoever he wanted and NSW would still win. Well they didn’t and Tupou had a pretty ordinary game in game 3. Will see what happens next year. I was pretty sure that Freddy would have lost his origin gig after loosing 2 unloosable series. Will see what happens.As long as he brains it for Us I guess.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Mate I disagree a little bit.

The 2 Sunday games when it was leaked that he wasn’t picked I reckon were his worst 2 games of the year. The first one was the game at Belmore against dragons when he had a shocker. Just kept trying intercepts.

The next one was against tigers. We won but you could tell he was off.

It just pissed me off because both were Sunday games and the team had been leaked.

Definitely agree that he smashed it after that though.
I agree - Fox took quite a few games before he hit form for us. I recall i started to complain about his lack of intensity with hit ups out of our 20 and his defence was shocking. His defence still makes me nervous though. But he has been consistent with great reads, great attacking plays and getting the team motivated in the last few months.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being a failed coach at the Roosters is quite an achievement given their ridiculous expenditure, apparently being a failed FG coach qualifies you for the Blues job.

The Blues management is a complete farce.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to get over him not being origin team it’s was Fucken ages ago. Who cares now. Time to move on

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the columnist has the words humble and fuckwit mixed up

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I texted Freddy on Saturday morning after a carton of VB and it went like this.
Buzz: “Freddy have you got 2 secs to chat about Josh Addo-Carr please.”
About half an hour later …
Freddy: “Who are you and how did you get this number?”
Buzz: “It's me, Phil Rothfield. Got your number off the back of a toilet door at Stadium Australia”
I then asked the obvious question.
Buzz: “Should you have picked him this year and will you next year.”
Freddy: “Piss off Buzz, even Gould thinks you're a fucking flog”
Buzz: “Fair enough, cheers.”

Good on Freddy for at least getting back to us.