Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Darren schonig is with us next season?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why does everyone put Xerri in their teams he hasn’t played for 4 years

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus has put Freddy up to this.
It's obviously what Gus wants Burton to do, be more vocal and take more control

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why does everyone put Xerri in their teams he hasn’t played for 4 years
Because the club left us with no other centres

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus has put Freddy up to this.
It's obviously what Gus wants Burton to do, be more vocal and take more control
Even if he did, as much as Burton needs to work on a lot of things and needs to get real with addressing his flaws, it'd be good if he ever got some decent coaching to get the best out of him and hold him accountable, drill it into him to kick to corners, make better contact and effort in defence and get more touches in attack on both sides of the field.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he's saying the same things as fittler, use small words when replying to him mate.
Ah yes, but you see, this is the genius part. By using long words we can hope to reach the real @TheSexDogs because the Fitler demonic possession won't understand.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if he did, as much as Burton needs to work on a lot of things and needs to get real with addressing his flaws, it'd be good if he ever got some decent coaching to get the best out of him and hold him accountable, drill it into him to kick to corners, make better contact and effort in defence and get more touches in attack on both sides of the field.

The coaches are to blame for him not putting his body on the line or running the footy?

You really think these aspects of his game have not been discussed in detail?

There is a reason why I have been calling out Burton since about round 6 of last season.

Been very obvious to some of us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meninga had Burton as back up half for the Roos ten months ago. I think he knows what’s what! I’d go with him over Freddy and Joey.
Lol, no he didn't. Burton played 2 games at the world cup. 1 at centre & 1 off the bench. In 1 of the games DCE played at 6 ahead of Burton.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The coaches are to blame for him not putting his body on the line or running the footy?

You really think these aspects of his game have not been discussed in detail?

There is a reason why I have been calling out Burton since about round 6 of last season.

Been very obvious to some of us.
Once again, did you read my other comments in this thread where I said Burton needs to hold himself accountable and work on his flaws and defence etc?

But can you honestly tell me that with Baz and now Ciraldo that Burton and the rest of the team have had good coaching that's helped their form and development?

Do you think Burton would improve if he had more of an experienced coach who'd drill into him the things he needs to focus and improve on?

For the millionth time, Burton's form has been shit and he's been massively disappointing. I'm not absolving him of blame or making excuses. But the fact is we've been a terribly coached team for a long time and key players form like Burton, Fox, Kikau etc had been shit.