News Franklin Pele & Andrew Davey - SIGNED

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Davey will be alright my take is he is a(better) replacement for Stimson and that softie Doorey.
Initially was concerned about his age but he hasn't played a lot of footy only debuted at 28.Has had a knee reco though but otherwise he should have a couple of decent seasons in him given the late start.
Could be Gus' 2023 thinking (on a par with the Ciraldo signing for Penrith back in 2012?).

Must be a good honest trainer etc.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Davey, almost 31 and played less than 30 NRL games and I pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal a month or so back to return to Parramatta for 2023 and 2024.

Always a Bulldog
I vaguely remember hearing that too.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he was maybe the oldest player to make an NRL debut in 2020.
Blew his knee last year early in the season, has been pretty good this year and played around 17 games in FG.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he was maybe the oldest player to make an NRL debut in 2020.
Blew his knee last year early in the season, has been pretty good this year and played around 17 games in FG.
he goes ok and would be probably only $250k ish.
Gus philosophy is to spend big on the spine and then have juniors and money ball players around them. We have Mahoney and Burton in that boat, we are talking to Crighton, just need a 7.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Davey hasn’t signed yet. He’s in the media today complaining that he can’t sign with anyone for next year because no one knows what the cap is.
has pele even been confirmed ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Davey hasn’t signed yet. He’s in the media today complaining that he can’t sign with anyone for next year because no one knows what the cap is.
He would be a done deal if he was good, wouldn't he?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How come their still procrastinating on the cap figure I agree hurry the fuck up *****...bunch of penpushing flogs.
Anyway if he is signed it will be at the right price and he will be decent, Gus "knows boats".

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally don’t understand why they would sign davey, how about a fullback some centres and props and a 7 first

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Personally don’t understand why they would sign davey, how about a fullback some centres and props and a 7 first
because the club doesn't rate Topine and Waddell's terrible

Malla

Reaction score
Can’t be fucked quoting but someone said Alamoti is miles off first grade. So what’s Schoupp and Burns first grade standard? He’s starting next year in the centres. Skelton will be there too but can see him moving into the back row once he gets his body right for rugby league

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can’t be fucked quoting but someone said Alamoti is miles off first grade. So what’s Schoupp and Burns first grade standard? He’s starting next year in the centres. Skelton will be there too but can see him moving into the back row once he gets his body right for rugby league
Kiraz is ahead of all of them right now @ centre.