News Franklin Pele & Andrew Davey - SIGNED

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Alamoti is miles off NRL footy while BBO is net negative at this stage. I'll poke my eyes out if Davey is starting backrow come round 1.
Largely agree - and, it doesn’t matter where he’s at career wise, the Captain won’t start from the bench.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti is miles off NRL footy while BBO is net negative at this stage. I'll poke my eyes out if Davey is starting backrow come round 1.
You would think even Skelton is ahead if Alamoti at this stage.

TBH Baz completely fucked BBOs development, he should’ve been in the reserves as starting HB from day 1 and to a lesser extent Averillos as well who should’ve been trialed as a FB in 2021 and then given the 2022 preseason to develop.

Had that been the case BBO might’ve been ready to be a starting HB by now and Averillo would be a even more gun FB.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
YES another Frank the Tank

Pritchard was an immense player for us tbh
Our most exciting edge backrow signing since the Tank for sure and ironically from the same club.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got a feeling there will be a bunch of signing / re-signing news all at once. Ciraldo, Pele and Davey signed, Topine re-signed. Here’s hoping anyway.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Waddell signed beyond this season? If not, Davey would be a good replacement and probably an improvement. Wads has had many high involvement games this season, but lacks ball-playing skills and is prone to having a few shocking games with errors.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Davey, almost 31 and played less than 30 NRL games and I pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal a month or so back to return to Parramatta for 2023 and 2024.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is Waddell signed beyond this season? If not, Davey would be a good replacement and probably an improvement. Wads has had many high involvement games this season, but lacks ball-playing skills and is prone to having a few shocking games with errors.
unfortutenly he has 1 year left to run.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andrew Davey, almost 31 and played less than 30 NRL games and I pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal a month or so back to return to Parramatta for 2023 and 2024.

Always a Bulldog
Media got that wrong, they deleted all their articles. Maybe it was going to happen and either Davey or Eels changed their mind.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Davey will be alright my take is he is a(better) replacement for Stimson and that softie Doorey.
Initially was concerned about his age but he hasn't played a lot of footy only debuted at 28.Has had a knee reco though but otherwise he should have a couple of decent seasons in him given the late start.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Davey will be alright my take is he is a(better) replacement for Stimson and that softie Doorey.
Initially was concerned about his age but he hasn't played a lot of footy only debuted at 28.Has had a knee reco though but otherwise he should have a couple of decent seasons in him given the late start.
much better than Waddell too

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
images.jpeg-44.jpg