Frank Pritchard on life support

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australian bat lyssavirus (ABLV) is a virus that can be transmitted from bats to humans, causing serious illness. The virus was first identified in 1996 and has been found in four kinds of flying foxes/fruit bats and one species of insect-eating microbat. Blood tests have shown previous infection in a number of other bat species, so it is assumed that any bat in Australia could carry the virus.
Yep. Many viruses have the ability to transfer from one animal to another.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zoonotic is the term.

Happens far more often than people realise.

Bacterial infections are normally the most zoonotic/interspecies transferrable. Viral infections somewhat less.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Definitely the original source. The issue is that bats don't hold enough virus to infect humans. So you need another species in the middle that acts as an amplifier species.

But that's a discussion for another thread.
Yeah cos Peter Overton told me so

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just saw this on Facebook now from one of my friends:

All glory to God..
Couple weeks ago we got a message to pray for our good friend Frank Pritchard who many of you know and love
❤

We united thousands all around from the monks in Lebanon to various prayer groups here in Australia and around the world. Even held a prayer night on Zoom.
All glory to God your prayers have been answered and @pritchardfrank is now home with his family recovering.
We ask you please continue to pray for his full recovery and go home tonight and Thank ths Lord for answering your prayers.
Amen
Please share

1642455436916.png

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh man :laughing: was just gonna say anyway Franky you will be pleased to know the Kennel is as per normal I.e SNAFU LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In this circumstance, Frank's family, and his church going community, believe in the power of prayer. Many disagree. So be it. Personal choice.

The thread is all about our Frank the Tank. What he means to Bulldog fans and wishing him all the best.

Let's celebrate the simple reality that he is safely returned home and thank our wonderful medical staff and hospital facilities and if Frank, and his family, want to believe in God's Will having a major influence on his recovery also, then that's his business, and his immediate friends and family.

No doubt whatsoever that Tank would have personally made known his appreciation to those dedicated health care professionals who have taken care of him, along with the nourishment his faith has given him.

He would no doubt believe in those 3 elements to his recovery....science, our nurses and doctors and his faith, and that's all that matters.