Foz Winding Back The Clock At Manly

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran not doing a great deal tbh... He's just doing a simple role while Schuster and Tommy T are the real attacking threats on that left edge
He could have less pressure on him with Burton. This is the problem, quality players leave us Bulldogs and shine.

I am also reading a lot of people want Pearce on here. Pearce would not be cheap, Foz could have been retained for a cut price.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran not doing a great deal tbh... He's just doing a simple role while Schuster and Tommy T are the real attacking threats on that left edge
He has stepped it up when Turbo & Cherry Evans have been out..
The Manly games I've watched he has gone pretty good for a guy playing for $150k.
How has Flanagan gone by comparison?

Last edited:

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 and OP is a dumb ****
There is no need for that rubbish.

It's not hindsight, if you were given the choice to retain Foz or sign Flanagan for similar coin you take Foran everyday.

It's a monumental stuff up from Barrett. That's just how it is.

If you need to be childish in your response don't contribute to this post.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you forget the 3 years he played with us?

He was injured for the first 2, then didn’t want to injure himself in the 3rd year so he didn’t play that well.

I wouldn’t have taken him for any amount of money.
You got your wish.
We are paying Flanagan twice as much.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was offered a one year deal, he wanted more so he followed daddy des to Manly (after promising to repay our club for all they did for him and his lack of footy played).

We didn't release Foran to sign Flanno, we signed Blake Green in between all of that. If Blake Green plays one year for us we probably never sign Flanno.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was offered a one year deal, he wanted more so he followed daddy des to Manly (after promising to repay our club for all they did for him and his lack of footy played).

We didn't release Foran to sign Flanno, we signed Blake Green in between all of that. If Blake Green plays one year for us we probably never sign Flanno.
You are half correct.
The club did sign Green

However the club withdrew the 1 year offer as soon as Barrett was appointed coach for 2021.
It was no coincidence.

It's true Foran's management did ask for two years. If the club had keep the negotiations open highly likely Foran would have agreed to a similar deal he struck with Manly.

Foran was injured a lot.
But I still think it was a ridiculous bad call by Barrett.
And if you remember at the time Foran was one of the few players Barrett never called.
It was 100% Barrett's call however.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a huge advocate for resigning Foran. So many absolute fuck heads cut me down when I said we should re sign him. If anyone remembers -I put up ten thousand bucks as a bet that the Dogs would finish behind Manly. As you’d expect all the gutless pricks on here didn’t want a bar of it even though they ridiculed me and I’m about a million times smarter than them all combined.

Not signing Foran was a monumental fuck up and if we couldn’t have got the deal done-then everyone in the club should be exiled never to return. Would have been one hell of an easy negotiation.
As for Dickovich, he just seems like a grade A dick head who knows SFA, so best to ignore people that have no idea about probably anything in life if his football smarts are anything to go by.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him time will break a toenail and injure himself
Like he did for the Bulldogs. He was a liability for our club. 12 months more would’ve been more pain for us. Everyone has an opinion, and I personally feel the Club and Foran needed to part ways. Somehow he seems to have got through Manly without too many injuries so far.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a huge advocate for resigning Foran. So many absolute fuck heads cut me down when I said we should re sign him. If anyone remembers -I put up ten thousand bucks as a bet that the Dogs would finish behind Manly. As you’d expect all the gutless pricks on here didn’t want a bar of it even though they ridiculed me and I’m about a million times smarter than them all combined.

Not signing Foran was a monumental fuck up and if we couldn’t have got the deal done-then everyone in the club should be exiled never to return. Would have been one hell of an easy negotiation.
As for Dickovich, he just seems like a grade A dick head who knows SFA, so best to ignore people that have no idea about probably anything in life if his football smarts are anything to go by.
I vividly remember that.

The plebs on here always go to water quickly when asked to back their convictions with cash.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are half correct.
The club did sign Green

However the club withdrew the 1 year offer as soon as Barrett was appointed coach for 2021.
It was no coincidence.

It's true Foran's management did ask for two years. If the club had keep the negotiations open highly likely Foran would have agreed to a similar deal he struck with Manly.

Foran was injured a lot.
But I still think it was a ridiculous bad call by Barrett.
And if you remember at the time Foran was one of the few players Barrett never called.
It was 100% Barrett's call however.
Thanks for the info mate. I must admit if I was looking at the previous 3 years I wouldn’t be comfortable with signing him for any longer than 1 year but interesting that Barrett showed no interest at all. I don’t know what next year will look like in terms of who partners Burton.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. I must admit if I was looking at the previous 3 years I wouldn’t be comfortable with signing him for any longer than 1 year but interesting that Barrett showed no interest at all. I don’t know what next year will look like in terms of who partners Burton.
That's the million dollar question? I have no idea.
the club will have to upgrade Burton quickly if he plays like we all hope he will.
But it would be good to get an experienced half that can lead the team around the park and let Burton to be the creative spark in attack.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think other posters have covered this quite adequately but Foran had to do everything for us and other teams literally targeted him every time he got the ball which led to his injuries. He would've been great to develop BBO and Averillo and we probably would've ended up winning one or two games. He would've also been great to partner Burton but this is all in hindsight.

The fact of the matter is we should have held onto him for 2 years (We only offered 1) on a significantly reduced salary as there was no reason not to. He was literally our best player every time he was on the field, but the scars were too deep as he did cost us a huge amount for absolutely no return. We can't really fault Barrett or anyone else for Foran, at the time signing him again for 2 years would've been gamble and while i personally believe on a reduced salary he's definitely worth the risk the people who said he wasn't were also absolutely correct as well.

If anything blame the backwards signing of players like Heringthon, Flannagan and Waddell.