Fox Sports vs Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i think its interesting that foxtel made an ad to mock free to air channels for having ads, have you seen that one where they are in the office saying "are you going to watch the ad this weekend?"

everybody should be thinking to themselves wtf this is an ad ffs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
9....I'd much prefer the Foxtel commentary team, but I would rather listen to the mouth breathers @ nine than put more money in that prick Murdoch's overstuffed pockets.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
btw i think its interesting that foxtel made an ad to mock free to air channels for having ads, have you seen that one where they are in the office saying "are you going to watch the ad this weekend?"

It's like radio stations that spend all their time between songs telling you hos this hour is "ad free"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Having said that, Fatty back in the box with sideline commentary from the bulldog hater Molan. This is really going to test the depths of my resolve.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not having to listen to gus gould anymore ..... that's what sold me

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who is commentating with Vossy?
cant remember who was with vossy on Thursday night, but warren smith and brandy were commentating last night.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Believe it or not I thought Fatty was good in the box, offered insight that was clear and concise but not overly technical, does exactly what Sterlo does but more to the appeal of a casual fan so that's always welcome, while Sterlo is a very good commentator I can see what he says being a bit confusing for the casual fan.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Fox HD much better quality than 9HD.
Also, 9 has been pi$$ing me off for years with their delayed games and ads so Im never watching them again. Their ratings will plummet this season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Obviously you didn't understand the ad. It's not about ads in general, it's about ads during the game. Or you just taking the piss?

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nine lose 100,000 viewers to Fox for NRL season opener, overall ratings rise.

Lol is all lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just stream the footy now turn the volume down and listen the fuck out of death metal

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Best part about fox is that with the foxtel go app, I can watch the game anywhere I am on my phone. FREE!
No need for the digital pass anymore. No need to record games. Not missing any action while on ad breaks.
Nothing.
Channel 9 has absolutely nothing appealing to offer anymore.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Best solution (and I know it's not possible for everyone) is to get to as many games as possible. Don't have to listen to anyone then.. Except Souths home games when they pump fake cheering over the PA in the stadium. Dickheads.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best solution (and I know it's not possible for everyone) is to get to as many games as possible. Don't have to listen to anyone then.. Except Souths home games when they pump fake cheering over the PA in the stadium. Dickheads.
I only miss 3 things about Sydney:

1. My niece and nephew
2. Decent kebabs
2. Going to Dogs games!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just watch it in HD on livestream. Use an adblocker and you're good to go.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Believe it or not I thought Fatty was good in the box, offered insight that was clear and concise but not overly technical, does exactly what Sterlo does but more to the appeal of a casual fan so that's always welcome, while Sterlo is a very good commentator I can see what he says being a bit confusing for the casual fan.
He did allot better this time which is surprising because Manly are his team. He was woeful when he'd commentate the QLD games with Lewis.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Question: do fox get origin too or is this till ch9 only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.