Rumour Fox off field issues

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh, club before country (and state). If he did play, it'd be our luck he'd get injured.

Qld have got this one in the bag, they already have NSW jumping at shadows.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair its a no brainer to not pick him. Fox brings energy and his quick. His fitness is down, he's never looked so unfit in his career until he come to us. He's on the shorter side and yardage isn't his strength.
Tupou is tall and good in the air, yardage is hit and miss.
To'o one of the best yardage wingers.

Couldn't pick both of the incumbent wingers. One is playing at the top side in the comp and half his squad is in the team

The other winger is on the bottom of the ladder. Been rushing in, letting in tries. Pretty sure cobbo put a clinic on him when we played Broncos, Coates scored 4 last time we played storm although I think that was okunbors side at the time.

Say what you want but don't be biased against Freddy not picking him
Cobbo put a clinic on him because his inside men weren’t doing their job causing Fox to rush in

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me their are some warped Opinions in this thread. The Fox should have been picked no questions asked for Game 1. He’s being replaced by Daniel Toupo who is average at best not some kid called Cobbo who’s been picked for QLD. Fittler is a space cadet who makes sure his roosters boys get their bonus to help uncle Nick.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WTF is this knock JAC Bullshit, the stats show differently;

Average Running Metres per game = Melbourne 2019 - 125, 2020 - 129, 2021 -128 Bulldogs 2022 - 127
No difference to when he was playing for a much better team, surrounded by much better players, coached by Bellamy.

Tackle Breaks - 58, which ranks him 5th, ahead of Munster, Staggs, Gagai, Olam, Cobbo, Manu .......

Post Contact Metres - 36, that's better than Ramien, Manu, Staggs, Cobbo, ........

Sure he hasn't scored as many tries, but that's hardly his fault.

Tackle efficiency stats are very slightly worse than his Melbourne average, but it's decimal places of % (75.71% with us versus 69.35%, 78.71%, 76.25%, 78.66%).

Hardly the huge drop off you would expect that would be needed to drop someone.

Always a Bulldog

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck me their are some warped Opinions in this thread. The Fox should have been picked no questions asked for Game 1. He’s being replaced by Daniel Toupo who is average at best not some kid called Cobbo who’s been picked for QLD. Fittler is a space cadet who makes sure his roosters boys get their bonus to help uncle Nick.
Watch tupou in 2020 origin series, probably one of the best that played in the series. So how was it inside players fault when cobbo was catching the ball over the fox's head. Don't get me wrong fox is a good player but a terrible match up with those qld wingers and smarter minds than us know that

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good for us. Means he'll bust his arse and play out of his skin to try and get his spot back for SOO 2.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch tupou in 2020 origin series, probably one of the best that played in the series. So how was it inside players fault when cobbo was catching the ball over the fox's head. Don't get me wrong fox is a good player but a terrible match up with those qld wingers and smarter minds than us know that
Ok Freddie

Jac should have been selected ahead of Toupou for game 1 regardless of any drugs you took for breakfast that day.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I'd hate to lose Fox

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok Freddie

Jac should have been selected ahead of Toupou for game 1 regardless of any drugs you took for breakfast that day.
Based from what, an emotion decision?

Nsw are without 2 centres who are 6ft+, stages is short and stocky. If you have Jac or to'o with staggs that is a cross kick target all day. If you've seen some of the tries those qld wingers have been scoring then you would understand.

They obviously wanted to being in some players who can compete under the highball, which is how the picked tupou, who is also averaging 170m+ a game for roosters. So they were forced to drop either To'o or Fox. To'o far superior in yardage to fox.which is a must in origin. Fox become the victim of his situation.

It was the right call, unless you can highlight something I've missed. Qld had feldt last year, players like sami capewell etc in the backing. I would disregard the last two series, 1 which nsw lost anyway. It's a new era for qld.

I'm nsw supporter as well. Love the Fox but not the right selection though

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based from what, an emotion decision?

Nsw are without 2 centres who are 6ft+, stages is short and stocky. If you have Jac or to'o with staggs that is a cross kick target all day. If you've seen some of the tries those qld wingers have been scoring then you would understand.

They obviously wanted to being in some players who can compete under the highball, which is how the picked tupou, who is also averaging 170m+ a game for roosters. So they were forced to drop either To'o or Fox. To'o far superior in yardage to fox.which is a must in origin. Fox become the victim of his situation.

It was the right call, unless you can highlight something I've missed. Qld had feldt last year, players like sami capewell etc in the backing. I would disregard the last two series, 1 which nsw lost anyway. It's a new era for qld.

I'm nsw supporter as well. Love the Fox but not the right selection though
Fox is the same player as he was last year. Only difference us less opportunity because we are trash. He hasn't forgotten how to play. Not being picked because of the team you play for is a very simplistic way to look at the game.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fox is the same player as he was last year. Only difference us less opportunity because we are trash. He hasn't forgotten how to play. Not being picked because of the team you play for is a very simplistic way to look at the game.
It's not the point I was making. Qld have picked 2 tall wingers who are genuine threats for the cross field kick, if nothing is happening its not hard for a half to just put a bomb up to a taller winger, its when fox/to'o become a liability. I had mentioned cobbo getting the better of fox in their last match up to which other members suggested it was the fault of the inside players. That could be right if it was an overlap situation but what's the excuse when cobbo is outleaping fox?
My point wasn't so much about him not being picked because he plays for Bulldogs. I believe that nsw knew qld would pick those wingers and had to pick their squad accordingly. Crichton has been brought in I believe for this reason.
The decision is justified enough for me.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also fox doesn't look as fit as last year to me. Other have said the same. Not ideal in origin

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not the point I was making. Qld have picked 2 tall wingers who are genuine threats for the cross field kick, if nothing is happening its not hard for a half to just put a bomb up to a taller winger, its when fox/to'o become a liability. I had mentioned cobbo getting the better of fox in their last match up to which other members suggested it was the fault of the inside players. That could be right if it was an overlap situation but what's the excuse when cobbo is outleaping fox?
My point wasn't so much about him not being picked because he plays for Bulldogs. I believe that nsw knew qld would pick those wingers and had to pick their squad accordingly. Crichton has been brought in I believe for this reason.
The decision is justified enough for me.
Picking a team because of the opposition is a mistake. IMO, You pick a team to your srengths not the opposition. Fox brings a lot of strengths too when he is put in space and is a proven performer. Tupou is tall and is a solid player but he ain't the fox