Four NRL coaches who should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit harsh to have McFadden in there in my opinion.
Any coach who goes there is going to have a **** of a time getting that bunch of players who seem to have a real "we run this club" mentality to perform and act like a team full of professional athletes.
They've shown it time and time again, when they're not happy and getting their way, they just show up to games and do the absolute minimal required short of forfeiting.
The fact that they've shown glimpses of absolute brilliance and dominance in certain games proves that my first previous point is true.

The best thing McFadden did was drop a bunch of players to show them that they don't run the club and they're not above anyone, specially the coach.
If every single player in that team had the fear of having to labour for $500 a week or stand in the unemployment line, they'd show respect to the club and coach.
Really has nothing to do with his ability as a coach tbh.

But I don't disagree that Kearney could get results with that team, he has a rapport with the islander boys and they know he won't put up with their bullshit.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CroydonDog, post: 3017238, member: 17551"]I dunno, I wouldn't be a fan of someone coaching their own son at this level. What if a hard decision has to be made? Its a lose lose situation. Either there will be allegations of nepotism, or in the opposite the coach is being too hard on the player because he is his son.

I know we can look back to the days of the boss hiring his various sons in law as coaches, but in this professional era, I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

Why not?
We're a family club broooo. Bring back the dynasty, I say. :grinning::yum:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The Tigers have 4 players only that would make our starting 13. They have 1 of the worst 3 rosters in the NRL. On paper they should've never finished above Souths, Warriors, Roosters, Manly and the Dragons. He did a good job this year.
he did a good job because others were more shit?

no they are lucky to be where they are, they had an easy draw and their win against the warriors was as lucky as you can get

they went 3W 10L against top 8 teams, avoiding 2nd games against cowboys and sharks and avoiding any match against Brisbane with SOO players, i calculate that as a 4pt advantage

for some reason the tigers always get to play brisbane without their state of origin players ffs

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
As i said in another post i think some are so desparate to get rid of des etc that they haven't really thought the next bit through.

Ivan Cleary may be a great coach, but i'm yet to be convinced. And no, the "anything is better than what we have" reasoning doesn't do it for me.
Anything is better than des :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Alot of games we REALLY struggled to put struggling teams away, and we could have lost a few which would have put us out of the 8.

Tedesco makes a big difference.
Roosters and Souths hit form at the wrong end. If they hit their straps earlier, we would have missed the 8 easily.
And Parra, with their salary cap and player dramas - showed more spirit and entertainment then us.
we also lost some close ones that if we won would put us into the top 4 and we had to play parra twice when they were cheating and in the hunt compared to depleted and had given up

so i think its even, we are where we should be

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we also lost some close ones that if we won would put us into the top 4 and we had to play parra twice when they were cheating and in the hunt compared to depleted and had given up

so i think its even, we are where we should be
We lost some close ones due to incompetence to close a game. That is how we play. So losing is just reflective on our performance. It doesn't "even" anything out

And the second time we played Parra, I think they had a 20k team and still beat us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
he did a good job because others were more shit?

no they are lucky to be where they are, they had an easy draw and their win against the warriors was as lucky as you can get

they went 3W 10L against top 8 teams, avoiding 2nd games against cowboys and sharks and avoiding any match against Brisbane with SOO players, i calculate that as a 4pt advantage

for some reason the tigers always get to play brisbane without their state of origin players ffs
You can't be lucky for a whole season. You just sound like a Taylor hater. They beat the Cowboys fair and square just a month ago.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You can't be lucky for a whole season. You just sound like a Taylor hater. They beat the Cowboys fair and square just a month ago.
you can be lucky a few times which gives you 4-6pts more than you should and then your team looks like it is decent

the last month of football proved that they were shit and next year will be a return to normal and they will be 11th-16th

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow ... people are easily pleased.

Do people even bother to look at statistics before they write articles? Because at the end of the day the only numbers that matter for coaches are win/loss percentage.

Cleary in his ENTIRE coaching career, has not gone past 50% for a single club coached.
Career Win Percentage 47.7% with like 260 games coached.

Hasler in his ENTIRE coaching career, has not gone below 58% for a single club coached (worst was with Manly on 59.2%).
Career Win Percentage 59.6% with like 361 games coached.

YES you read correctly!!! I'm no fan of Hasler, but he a higher winning percentage with Dogs than Manly.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow ... people are easily pleased.

Do people even bother to look at statistics before they write articles? Because at the end of the day the only numbers that matter for coaches are win/loss percentage.

Cleary in his ENTIRE coaching career, has not gone past 50% for a single club coached.
Career Win Percentage 47.7% with like 260 games coached.

Hasler in his ENTIRE coaching career, has not gone below 58% for a single club coached (worst was with Manly on 59.2%).
Career Win Percentage 59.6% with like 361 games coached.

YES you read correctly!!! I'm no fan of Hasler, but he a higher winning percentage with Dogs than Manly.
Mr I, I appreciate your love for stats but I don't care for DESball!!! I have always been in favor of Des but enough is enough!!! I can't fight the feeling that Des along with Raelene Castle have turned our once proud and fearless club into their own private little joke.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
you can be lucky a few times which gives you 4-6pts more than you should and then your team looks like it is decent

the last month of football proved that they were shit and next year will be a return to normal and they will be 11th-16th

Since Taylor dropped Farah after origin the Tigers have a better record than us.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
whats the all the wanking over Cleary? he was sacked from his last coaching gig cos he was shit
He was sacked because Gould needed a scape goat.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He missed the finals 3 times in 4 years at the panthers. His sacking was justified

Status
Not open for further replies.