Social Media Fotuaika

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will have to pay the Broncos out.

Also the Dogs haven't had a great run with certain ex Broncos players. :tearsofjoy:
Wouldn’t be to sure about that .. Ennis, Stagg and quite a few others have been good for us in the past ..

The big upgrade to Haas, plus they’ll need to massively upgrade Mam, Walsh and Cobbo .. they might need the $$ enough to let him go, something has to give ..

Good offer to young Willison would see them struggle to keep him ..

He’s the leader prop we need to chase to lead our younger blokes into the future …

Hopefully the Brisbane meeting was all about him ..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBF - We wanted Barba to leave. Destabilised us.

And Hannant we wanted to stay but he needed to head back. His son attempted to end his own life, and they needed to be around family for support. Pretty tragic
Barba leaving was the start of our decent…. Klemmer going without an adequate exchange was the straw that broke our back

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barba leaving was the start of our decent…. Klemmer going without an adequate exchange was the straw that broke our back
Yes and no.

He left in 13 we made the GF a year later.

Rayray not showing any back bone on Black Friday I think also added to our decline.

But the biggest issue was not keeping Des in check.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think this will be easy Uleh.
I looked him up, he’s basically lived in Brisbane his whole life and is apparently on 700 or so.
There’s no indication the titans want to dump him and as outlined, the titans can definitely afford to keep him.
Also the GC and Brisbane real estate market leans the cost of living is lower. So that will account for a 10% hidden cost.
And he will be swapping his family, the sunshine of the Gold coast and beach for Bankstown.
Whereas to unwind he can have a surf on an empty beach, he will have to go to Bankstown sports and then be confronted by hoods in hoodies who just lost on the pokies and coming up to him and saying sh*t like ‘wtf u looking at’ and that.
To leave a 750 contract we I’ll need to offer 200 more. At least. Mayeb lomf term gig.
Bromwich will retire and we will lose out to the Dolphins most likely

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need Mo like a fat kid needs cake, Don't care how big the overs are we need him, and he's not even close to his peak as forward, hopefully gus can weave his magic and make it happen.
I think Gus has to go above & beyond for Mo, it’s almost a last chance saloon for a quality marquee forward - if memory serves correctly, we made a play for Mo prior to his last contract.

money shouldn’t be the issue and we should be going into it with him being our forward leader rather than being in the shadow of Tino and Fafita who seem to generate all the praises with Mo’s work going unnoticed

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Gus has to go above & beyond for Mo, it’s almost a last chance saloon for a quality marquee forward - if memory serves correctly, we made a play for Mo prior to his last contract.

money shouldn’t be the issue and we should be going into it with him being our forward leader rather than being in the shadow of Tino and Fafita who seem to generate all the praises with Mo’s work going unnoticed
I have said previously that given a choice between Tino and Mo I would take Mo purely for the fact Tino is at his peak now and Mo is still a few years away from his. He is the forward we could build the side around, Gus just needs to keep putting stacks in front of him until he says yes.

Malla

Reaction score
Are Patolo Knight and Hughes only signed for 2024? - if so i see tht as good thing - gives incentive for them to prove themselves worthy of upgrades whilst leaving space for new middles in 25
If I am being honest, Knight is the only one I can see lasting out of those 3. The others aren’t cut out for nrl footy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have said previously that given a choice between Tino and Mo I would take Mo purely for the fact Tino is at his peak now and Mo is still a few years away from his. He is the forward we could build the side around, Gus just needs to keep putting stacks in front of him until he says yes.
Agree, Gus senses the market is bone dry, we are probably the most desperate Club for a forward, Mo is an origin forward and should be compensated thereabouts Tino - Gus will make him feel special…the Club will look after him… he’s a “Bulldog” type of player of old, no fuss, no nonsense.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t want him to be another one who got away, we need to throw everything at him, I hope it works.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I am being honest, Knight is the only one I can see lasting out of those 3. The others aren’t cut out for nrl footy.
Both Patolo n Hughes seem to struggle with injuries and have rarely played multiple games over consecutive weeks - even then their minutes are relatively low. Gould commented pre season that Preston was a standout - but Patolo was also one impressing. Regardless still need another middle or two that is fg ready.

Malla

Reaction score
Both Patolo n Hughes seem to struggle with injuries and have rarely played multiple games over consecutive weeks - even then their minutes are relatively low. Gould commented pre season that Preston was a standout - but Patolo was also one impressing. Regardless still need another middle or two that is fg ready.
Yeah Patolo has huge potential but it’s just his health. The injury he had in the preseason last year was bad. He didn’t have a good year at all because of it. I hope he can knuckle down this pre season, go injury free and have a crack. Would love for him to break into being a regular first grader for us.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
If knight, Patolo and Hughes can all stay fit and healthy our back will be way better than it looks On Paper. Saw glimpses from Hughes this year, Patolo looked good in patches in 22 but had some set backs this year. Knight I thought was very good for us. Played good minutes. Made good Meters and didn't notice too many errors from them. They should be all coming into their prime ready for a big year. All 3 just need to run hard, get a quick play the ball and make their tackles. Can leave the ball playing to SST, King etc.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If knight, Patolo and Hughes can all stay fit and healthy our back will be way better than it looks On Paper. Saw glimpses from Hughes this year, Patolo looked good in patches in 22 but had some set backs this year. Knight I thought was very good for us. Played good minutes. Made good Meters and didn't notice too many errors from them. They should be all coming into their prime ready for a big year. All 3 just need to run hard, get a quick play the ball and make their tackles. Can leave the ball playing to SST, King etc.
The only good patch Patolo showed was putting On his jersey the one or two times this year before he got injured!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think this will be easy Uleh.
I looked him up, he’s basically lived in Brisbane his whole life and is apparently on 700 or so.
There’s no indication the titans want to dump him and as outlined, the titans can definitely afford to keep him.
Also the GC and Brisbane real estate market leans the cost of living is lower. So that will account for a 10% hidden cost.
And he will be swapping his family, the sunshine of the Gold coast and beach for Bankstown.
Whereas to unwind he can have a surf on an empty beach, he will have to go to Bankstown sports and then be confronted by hoods in hoodies who just lost on the pokies and coming up to him and saying sh*t like ‘wtf u looking at’ and that.
To leave a 750 contract we I’ll need to offer 200 more. At least. Mayeb lomf term gig.
Yes interesting points. Hopefully he's on a bit less than 700K. Even if we pay overs he'd come a fair bit cheaper than Haas or Tino. We might need to go to 850k. A prop like him is a must have for us. Interesting thing is if Gus did meet with him and made an offer then the Titans would have had to agree to it and to letting him go earlier than 2025

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How can you know that?
Every team has to spend 95% of the cap and they’ve just upgraded fafita and Tino on deals way bigger than they had budgeted for. And they’ve let fuck all, go.
I have a spreadsheet and did some analysis.
Here is a condensed version of my findings.
Tino= 1.1
Fifita= 1 mil
Brimson=800k
Moey= 700k
Foran=500k
Verrils=500k
Tanah=450k
5.1mil.
Some of them can be brought forward because of 95% like you said.
No one else in the squad I think has 400k contracts. They flush yo.
We also KNOW they have a million for Ben Hunt ready.
***I need the forum to read and let it sink in***
Des is also a big forwards kinda coach
We get Mo for a mil.
You guys decide if u want him.
@1967 like u said I say 10” great comments and 1 bad comment so please endorse this as a good one.
Please.