forward passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
This is not in anyway taking from the tigers win, they were very unlucky to have a double movement try called back... but here are a few pointers in regards to the 'but he can't call on forward passes incident'

a) The commentators were clearly excited, especially gould, when the conclusion was reached that the video reff couldn't rule on what they thought was a forward 'pass'. This is unproffessional and I am sure there would have been a different reaction if it was a Bulldogs try.

b) I think its ridiculous that we could find ourselves in a situation where nothing can be physically done about a blatent NO TRY. I think the video should be able to atleast make it a reff call if he feels there is an obvious forward pass.

c) It was not even a pass. The ball was thrown from prince straight into pattens arm. That is not a pass, it is a knockon. A pass is only deemed a pass if it is caught on the full by a team mate. This was not the case.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be play on then yeah
MB

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the tigers were unlucky with the double movement call... the ball hit the ground and then he raised it off the ground and brought it foward...

If the ball hits the ground and slides along the ground with momentum over the line, its a try.. If the ball hits the ground before the line and the lifts it off again and places it down, its a double movement

I actually agree with phil gould on this one. look at that try by the roosters against the bronco's on friday night, the pass was about 2 metres foward and the video ref couldnt say a thing... thats not right

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Yeah that Roosters one was shocking. It amazes me that we have a video ref, but when there is a situation as blatant as the one on Friday he was not allowed to rule on it. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

A

atomic_crimson

why wont they let a video ref rule on it anyways? its no big deal... itl be like ruling on an offside.... simple pass went forward no try...

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
they believe that the camera angles are too perceptive and untrue to rule on the passes. i agree with you though AC, it is very inconsistant

Anastabation

Reaction score
***mh*** said:
they believe that the camera angles are too perceptive and untrue to rule on the passes. i agree with you though AC, it is very inconsistant
The same principal applies to offside rulings.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
anastabation said:
The same principal applies to offside rulings.
Maybe, but that did not stop them from ruling against Patten's involvement in a disallowed Dog's try. Even Gould called it "line ball" which usually goes with the attacking team.

It's academic anyway 'cause the Dogs didn't deserve to win after allowing in 30 unanswered points, when they showed that they had it in them to win if they tried.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
your last point is correct... but we could of won that game if the ref was a bit more consistent... so its still frustrating

like how the roosters won their first two games with out being any good

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Bulldog Power said:
your last point is correct... but we could of won that game if the ref was a bit more consistent... so its still frustrating

like how the roosters won their first two games with out being any good
Hahaha, Roosters won against Penrith cause The Panthers kept handing them tries. Geez that was frustrating to watch.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what pissed me off the most was the high tackle in the last minute that was let go

should of been a penalty to the dogs NO QUESTION

Lampoon

proud welsh poof :- )
Reaction score
How about the cowboys game it went fowrard of Girmandi and Sonny caught it and scored and they ruled it no try that was a foward pass not a knock on so TRY as the Video ref can't rule on foward passes
Aganiest the Tigers it was a knock on not a foward pass as Patten touched it NO TRY

Every week there are bad calls that cost teams
The Refs and the rules of League are a Joke they have to be looked at

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Lampoon said:
How about the cowboys game it went fowrard of Girmandi and Sonny caught it and scored and they ruled it no try that was a foward pass not a knock on so TRY as the Video ref can't rule on foward passes
Aganiest the Tigers it was a knock on not a foward pass as Patten touched it NO TRY

Every week there are bad calls that cost teams
The Refs and the rules of League are a Joke they have to be looked at
That wasn't a forward pass as Grimaldi never had control of the ball. Hate to say it but that call was 100% correct according to the current rules.

The Tigers one should have been ruled the same as it also was a Knock on.

Lampoon

Reaction score
Cammo said:
That wasn't a forward pass as Grimaldi never had control of the ball. Hate to say it but that call was 100% correct according to the current rules.

The Tigers one should have been ruled the same as it also was a Knock on.
But it wasn't the incidents are the same and one was a try and the other wasn't both againest the bulldogs

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Lampoon said:
But it wasn't the incidents are the same and one was a try and the other wasn't both againest the bulldogs
They were both no tries, the fact that one was awarded means the ref got that one wrong. The one from the Cowboys game the ref got right.

Lampoon

Reaction score
Cammo said:
They were both no tries, the fact that one was awarded means the ref got that one wrong. The one from the Cowboys game the ref got right.

Okay Correct but they both went againest the dogs

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Lampoon said:
Okay Correct but they both went againest the dogs
True, but what can you do? We will get some decisions go our way over the season too. Remember that knock-on by Utai against The Tigers last year, that was a big call that went our way and we scored in the same set of six.

Bad calls are a part of the game, teams just need to be good enough to overcome them when they go against you.

T

TheDoggFather1

Looks like the NRL wants revenge for us winning the Premiership last year.

I had a feeling that the ref would play a big part in our loss AFTER roosters lost on Friday.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tha DoggFather said:
Looks like the NRL wants revenge for us winning the Premiership last year.

I had a feeling that the ref would play a big part in our loss AFTER roosters lost on Friday.
true call. we have been stuffed by the ref in both our losses- that string of ridiculous unwarranted penalties in the first half stopped us from burying them then. Even tigers fans next to me were wondering what most of the penalties against us were for.
Simpkins is no better than Clarke.
Still i believe we will rise soon. Great to see anasta run at the defense- must keep him. A bit of havoc in attack when Hughes came on- we need to let Sherwin call the shots (like last year) and do most of the kicking. Anasta run at the defense, SBW keep doing his thing, and teach the new forwards how to offload in tackles ala mason and shrek.

Status
Not open for further replies.