Fortune favours the cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think players are as innocent as you think.

Now Parra was warned for the last 2 years by the NRL to manage their cap, yet they went in the Off Season while fully knowing that they are over the cap and signed 1 superstar and 2 stars that turned their whole team and culture around.

Other teams were taken out of contest because what was offered by Parra to these players.. New Castle couldn't compete with the Scott offer and we were blown out of the water with Foran... That's not a level playing field.

Clubs are measured by success. There is a reason why Parra ca not get TP deals, because their field success is shithouse. If parra win the the comp with their roster that they acquired illegally this year , they will have sponsors waiting in line.. cheats or no cheats.

What they did is nothing short of fraud, and they haven't even been punished for it.
I think you're giving the players too much credit by thinking they'd be accutely aware of the financial situations of a club. The financial details of a club are clearly very complex and it wouldn't be too difficult for a senior member of the club to throw a player off the scent of potential wrongdoings.

I think you'll get by now that my shot is at the clubs hierarchy and definitely player managers, who have strangely been very quiet through this...

I mean look at us, I don't think any of the players would've known anything was up, it was driven by McIntyre and Hagan who had delusions of grandeur both personally and professionally.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you're giving the players too much credit by thinking they'd be accutely aware of the financial situations of a club. The financial details of a club are clearly very complex and it wouldn't be too difficult for a senior member of the club to throw a player off the scent of potential wrongdoings.

I think you'll get by now that my shot is at the clubs hierarchy and definitely player managers, who have strangely been very quiet through this...

I mean look at us, I don't think any of the players would've known anything was up, it was driven by McIntyre and Hagan who had delusions of grandeur both personally and professionally.
Exactly. Like the Greg Inglis situation at the Storm " Oh, yes Greg and by the way as part of the deal you will find a nice boat and car in your driveway when you get home. We didn't have enough room on the contract to be registered at the NRL so we will advise them later, but be assured everything is above board."

Greg Inglis " Yep boss whatever you say. I will be sure to include that in my tax return for this financial year as a fringe benefit." Wink, wink, wink.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Rumour doing the rounds that Parra won't be able to claim an insurance payout on Whatbro because it is an existing injury that was known when Parra signed him.

In other words, because it is not new injury but rather a recurrence of an old injury (2014 at Manly), they cannot claim it under insurance and will have to pay out his contract and have it count as cap space.

Also this could impact the NRL salary cap auditors decision to waive his contract fee being counted towards the cap.

NRL are fucking soft if they let it happen. Yes they let the Dragons do it with Kyle Stanley, but Dragons weren't $1 million a season over the cap either.

NRL should say "nope, sorry. You cheated the cap, and you signed him knowing about the injury, therefore pay out the contract if you want but it counts towards the cap".

No time like the present does the saying "Slippery Eels" apply more.
Not sure how accurate is that MRI... Parra wants AW contract paid under the insurance to save the money, but that takes longer than 9 days.. It is in Parra "Time" benefit to withdraw the insurance claim and just retire AW pay him out and get a concession from the NRL under the Injury rule... It would cost them $$ which won't be counted under the cap. But the will save the time.

The Issue Parra is having is that by the NRL rule if they retire AW they will save $400K of the 2016 cap, but they MUST promote a reserve grade player to his spot with minimum payment $42K (I think, for the half year). which put that back in the Cap.

They will have to do that with every player the let go, as they need to have 25 FG players at all time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the discussion about the Watmough thing....it was regarding the leg injury that he received after a training clash with Beau Scott. Was not sure which way it worked , whether or not the fact it was new was okay or whether that meant it could not be done as a cap deduction upon payment of the insurance claim. Can't find the article to corroborate.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/10002fff329f1d4e9e87f4ba6765dff8

FOR NINE years he treated every one of Anthony Watmough’s injuries as the Manly Sea Eagles club doctor.

But in the eyes of 15,000 shattered Parramatta Eels members and fans, never has respected NRL chief medical officer Doctor Paul Bloomfield, faced a more important diagnosis of Watmough than this.

It’s Bloomfield, who worked at the Sea Eagles between 2000 and 2012 before joining the NRL last year, that will determine if Watmough’s four-year $750,000 deal with Parramatta is removed from the Eels current salary cap, due to a career-ending knee injury.

It’s Parramatta’s greatest hope of shedding the majority, if not all of the estimated $570,000 which the NRL claim the Eels are currently over the salary cap, as a result of club management’s rorting of third-party deals.

As revealed by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg, Watmough’s medical records are yet to arrive at League Central for Bloomfield’s perusal to certify.

“There are provisions in the rules for players who retire early due to medical conditions so we would deal with that on it’s merit,’’ Greenberg said.

“The salary cap auditor has to be provided with all of the medical certificates and he has to be certain that it’s bona fide.’’

But it’s The Daily Telegraph’s understanding that Watmough’s medical documents will be presented to the NRL and Bloomfield on Wednesday.

The process of seeking salary cap exemptions is completely independent to the current insurance claim Watmough has already submitted.

There have been previous cases of club’s filing for salary cap exemption due to a career-ending injury, including former St George Illawarra and Cronulla utility Kyle Stanley, which have taken the NRL up to six months to ratify..

But in the case of the desperate Eels, Bloomfield will have just nine days — Parramatta play South Sydney on May 13 — to determine if Watmough’s knee injury is career-ending.

The doctor’s notes will then be presented to NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste Brown, who will determine how much — if any at all — of Watmough’s $750,000 salary and pay, of which can be backdated to the date of the injury occurring last February, will be removed from the Eels salary cap.

The NRL stated that only when the last-placed Eels show that they are back under the salary cap will they be permitted to recommence playing for competition points.

Greenberg also said that he was prepared to “help the club realise it’s full potential” and that the NRL were “part of the solution.’’

In the eyes of Eels officials, the fast-tracking of Watmough’s career-ending injury paperwork, is the answer towards getting back on their feet in the short-term and ensuring the 2016 season isn’t a waste.

The Eels ability to prove Watmough’s injury is career-ending will also impact their anticipated next step, which would be the offloading of current players, a difficult task to achieve in as little as nine days.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember the discussion about the Watmough thing....it was regarding the leg injury that he received after a training clash with Beau Scott. Was not sure which way it worked , whether or not the fact it was new was okay or whether that meant it could not be done as a cap deduction upon payment of the insurance claim. Can't find the article to corroborate.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/10002fff329f1d4e9e87f4ba6765dff8

FOR NINE years he treated every one of Anthony Watmough’s injuries as the Manly Sea Eagles club doctor.

But in the eyes of 15,000 shattered Parramatta Eels members and fans, never has respected NRL chief medical officer Doctor Paul Bloomfield, faced a more important diagnosis of Watmough than this.

It’s Bloomfield, who worked at the Sea Eagles between 2000 and 2012 before joining the NRL last year, that will determine if Watmough’s four-year $750,000 deal with Parramatta is removed from the Eels current salary cap, due to a career-ending knee injury.

It’s Parramatta’s greatest hope of shedding the majority, if not all of the estimated $570,000 which the NRL claim the Eels are currently over the salary cap, as a result of club management’s rorting of third-party deals.

As revealed by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg, Watmough’s medical records are yet to arrive at League Central for Bloomfield’s perusal to certify.

“There are provisions in the rules for players who retire early due to medical conditions so we would deal with that on it’s merit,’’ Greenberg said.

“The salary cap auditor has to be provided with all of the medical certificates and he has to be certain that it’s bona fide.’’

But it’s The Daily Telegraph’s understanding that Watmough’s medical documents will be presented to the NRL and Bloomfield on Wednesday.

The process of seeking salary cap exemptions is completely independent to the current insurance claim Watmough has already submitted.

There have been previous cases of club’s filing for salary cap exemption due to a career-ending injury, including former St George Illawarra and Cronulla utility Kyle Stanley, which have taken the NRL up to six months to ratify..

But in the case of the desperate Eels, Bloomfield will have just nine days — Parramatta play South Sydney on May 13 — to determine if Watmough’s knee injury is career-ending.

The doctor’s notes will then be presented to NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste Brown, who will determine how much — if any at all — of Watmough’s $750,000 salary and pay, of which can be backdated to the date of the injury occurring last February, will be removed from the Eels salary cap.

The NRL stated that only when the last-placed Eels show that they are back under the salary cap will they be permitted to recommence playing for competition points.

Greenberg also said that he was prepared to “help the club realise it’s full potential” and that the NRL were “part of the solution.’’

In the eyes of Eels officials, the fast-tracking of Watmough’s career-ending injury paperwork, is the answer towards getting back on their feet in the short-term and ensuring the 2016 season isn’t a waste.

The Eels ability to prove Watmough’s injury is career-ending will also impact their anticipated next step, which would be the offloading of current players, a difficult task to achieve in as little as nine days.
So huge chance that next game parra would be playing for no points.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought that would get a bite:grinning:. I'm not about to let 5 narcissist's get me down!!
I am just saying what the nrl commission is saying.

Are you saying your team is under the cap? If so , on what basis are you saying it?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am just saying what the nrl commission is saying.

Are you saying your team is under the cap? If so , on what basis are you saying it?
ID, the NRL haven't really said anything. They came up with a finding on a preliminary finding and the sports solicitors across Australia let out a big cheer. Mate, this is just the beginning of a long dark period in the history of the NRL. This will end up like a nasty case of piles. We will never see the end of it!! The self centred will get their 5 minutes of fame and the lovers of the game will get left in the wash.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ID, the NRL haven't really said anything. They came up with a finding on a preliminary finding and the sports solicitors across Australia let out a big cheer. Mate, this is just the beginning of a long dark period in the history of the NRL. This will end up like a nasty case of piles. We will never see the end of it!! The self centred will get their 5 minutes of fame and the lovers of the game will get left in the wash.
You know what, I hope you fuck the nrl up.

Time for a rouge league that is about football, and not just profit/gambling.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not such a silly idea. A lot of the infrastructure is in place and a ready supply of members via the forums.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not such a silly idea. A lot of the infrastructure is in place and a ready supply of members via the forums.
And I may get some hate for this but I want you to make the 8 and win the GF, just to bring more heat on this competition.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend ;)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

OK.

But would you really want Parra in this new comp?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just checking.
I would want all the shitty teams gone IE Tigers, Titans, NZ, Knights, maybe even Penrith and Parramatta too.

I'd actually set up a competition like the EPL. Still have the 16 teams, but have 12 teams in the "premier league" with bottom 2 relegated to a lower competition. It would have a top 5/6 play off system.

The lower competition will have the NRL rejects plus other clubs like Newtown, Wests, Balmain and so on. Top 2 teams get promoted.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would want all the shitty teams gone IE Tigers, Titans, NZ, Knights, maybe even Penrith and Parramatta too.

I'd actually set up a competition like the EPL. Still have the 16 teams, but have 12 teams in the "premier league" with bottom 2 relegated to a lower competition. It would have a top 5/6 play off system.

The lower competition will have the NRL rejects plus other clubs like Newtown, Wests, Balmain and so on. Top 2 teams get promoted.
Don't forget the Bears. That would piss Manly off:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.