Former Storm Player Danny Williams guilty of glassing a woman.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 minute 10 second mark.
Looks like O'Neill roughed him up in a previous tackle but look at the cheap king hit Williams put on him later

He must have anger issues and it shows later now he is retired that he hasn't changed

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Quote from a mate who is more of a rah rah guy:

"I still can’t figure out if league attracts dickheads or creates dickheads. Maybe it’s a combination."

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not condoning it but apparently she threw a bottle at him first, still a grub but she should’ve been expecting a reaction after doing something like that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not condoning it but apparently she threw a bottle at him first, still a grub but she should’ve been expecting a reaction after doing something like that
Still, you should never glass anyone, let alone a woman, even if she was carrying on or acting a fool.

My brother in law got glassed in Germany and had to get dozens of stitches in his head. It's one of the doggest of dog acts aside from king hitting. Which Williams is famous for. Haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still, you should never glass anyone, let alone a woman, even if she was carrying on or acting a fool.

My brother in law got glassed in Germany and had to get dozens of stitches in his head. It's one of the doggest of dog acts aside from king hitting. Which Williams is famous for. Haha
I wouldn't glass someone because I've seen someone do more damage to their own hand than the other person's head :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Will never understand glassings.

When I lived in London it was like a national sport so you'd see it every weekend. Remember when they banned the sale of alcohol in glass in some parts and people honestly argued that glassings were a party of British culture so it was against their human rights.

Crazy thing to do

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Quote from a mate who is more of a rah rah guy:

"I still can’t figure out if league attracts dickheads or creates dickheads. Maybe it’s a combination."
I got invited to watch the Bulldogs' opening game of the 2013 season in a corporate box at Central Coast stadium which was owned by a dude in my brother's rugby team. It was just after it had been announced that Ben Barba would be indefinitely rested from the team. Todd Greenberg was in the box next to ours with a bunch of camp quality kids. Anyway, the trash bags in my brother's team got blind drunk and were swearing all night and yelling out Barba's a wife beater all night, to the point it was clearly upsetting the kids, who were obviously big Ben Barba fans. The Cowboys were well on top of the game and they were also yelling all sorts of stuff out about the club, which the kids were obviously there to support.

My brother and I were the only two acting decently and telling the fools to shut up and show some respect. I was so embarrassed I waited til they had all left and took the elevator by myself. As fate would have it, Todd Greenberg ended up getting in the same lift and flashed me the biggest death stare and all I could do was give an apologetic look. I didn't even know how to try and explain their behaviour.

Anyway, moral to the story is union attracts its share of dickheads, too. Worst sporting experience of my life.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah totally agree, seen it happen before and it doesn’t end up well, thankfully it sounded like she got out of it relatively unscathed. A king hit and a glassing on his resume does speak volumes of the bloke - and playing for Melbourne haha

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well she shouldn't have thrown a bottle at him. I think that's just as much a dog act than him glassing her. Not condoning his behaviour but if you throw a bottle at someone you can expect some sort of retaliation.

If he pulled out a gun and shot her would you think any less of it?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah totally agree, seen it happen before and it doesn’t end up well, thankfully it sounded like she got out of it relatively unscathed. A king hit and a glassing on his resume does speak volumes of the bloke - and playing for Melbourne haha
Was she glassed? Or hit in the head with a bottle made of glass?

Big difference.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was she glassed? Or hit in the head with a bottle made of glass?

Big difference.
OK. Reread the article. He seems to be convicted, yet then it says "allegedly smashed a glass on her head".

Why allegedly if convicted?
Anyway.. pretty bad anger issues...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what happened, mind you he pleaded guilty so he did do it ..it’s not alleged..

Section taken from: Former Melbourne Storm enforcer Danny Williams convicted of glassing woman at The Oaks Hotel
Daily Telegraph
Date: 2/11/2022
Author: Jim O’Rourke

In a facts sheet tendered to court police state Williams and a group of friends entered The Oaks Hotel at 1pm and began drinking in Taffy’s Sports Bar. At 3.45pm the victim entered the bar with two other women and sat at a large booth facing a TV screen to watch a Women’s Basketball World Cup game between China and the USA.

Williams and his mates were standing behind the booth.

Over the next hour Williams was swearing and singing loudly,” according to the facts sheet.

The victim said to Williams: “Hey mate, you’re singing really loudly and you are right in my ear.”

William continued to sing in the direction of the victim. At 5.25pm she tossed beer from a glass, over her left shoulder, onto the former footy player. He retaliated by throwing beer on the woman.

“Williams then placed the now empty beer glass in his right hand and proceeded to smash it on the back of the victim’s head with such force as to cause the glass to shatter,” the facts sheet stated.

He then fled the bar with his mates. The woman was treated for a small cut by another patron before police and ambulance paramedics arrived.

As she was driven to North Sydney police station to make a statement, the victim saw one of Williams’ mates outside he Union Hotel on the Pacific Hwy at North Sydney.

Police found Williams at that pub and he was arrested.

Magistrate Robyn Denes said although the victim suffered a relatively minor injury, she described the attack by Williams as a “glassing”.

He was convicted and handed an 18-month community correction order to be of good behaviour and fined $1000 dollars.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't she approach bar staff/security and make a complaint? Or move elsewhere? Or leave?

Not victim blaming, but she's done nothing to attempt to resolve an escalating situation.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't glass someone because I've seen someone do more damage to their own hand than the other person's head :tearsofjoy:
Better off breaking glass a bit and using as a shiv