News Former NRL star Sam Burgess arrested after allegedly failing random drug test

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Similar thing in 2021 which led to the license suspension. Denials from him and Souths are into overdrive......l

Yeah, but he was independently tested giving a urine sample with a negative result...AND he has maintained that his license had been returned to him after a ten month suspension and he had accumulated no demerits... VS Police pulling him over positive test and Police checking and finding his license was suspended...

Surely the Police can't be wrong on both counts? What a faulty test kit and a clerical error? I understand sample two needs to be looked at but what if ity is positive too?

from Sam....

"After I was released from the police station, I immediately and voluntarily went to an independent, internationally accredited testing facility and undertook a urine test.
"The urine sample returned a negative result to all illicit drugs.

"I have made positive improvements to my life and to my driving since my full licence was returned to me following a 10-month loss of licence," he said.
"I have undertaken road safety courses and since then I have not incurred any demerit points or any fines.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Similar thing in 2021 which led to the license suspension. Denials from him and Souths are into overdrive......l

Yeah, but he was independently tested giving a urine sample with a negative result...AND he has maintained that his license had been returned to him after a ten month suspension and he had accumulated no demerits... VS Police pulling him over positive test and Police checking and finding his license was suspended...

Surely the Police can't be wrong on both counts? What a faulty test kit and a clerical error? I understand sample two needs to be looked at but what if ity is positive too?

from Sam....

"After I was released from the police station, I immediately and voluntarily went to an independent, internationally accredited testing facility and undertook a urine test.

"I have made positive improvements to my life and to my driving since my full licence was returned to me following a 10-month loss of licence," he said.
"I have undertaken road safety courses and since then I have not incurred any demerit points or any fines.
Should of did a hair sample drug test...
That sorts the men from the boys... Lol
There a bit more accurate...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is this not considered bringing the game in to disrepute?, surely coaching staff would have clauses in there contracts to that effect

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the South's Doc write a prescription and all will be fine - nothing to see here!!!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

from Sam....

Selective journalism Id say, we know how they love to twist facts.
His first test positive, the second test hasnt been verified.
Suspended license. I think you can get exemptions for work etc. I dont know but hes got $$ and it wouldnt seem a stretch to think he could obtain all the relevent references/documentation and plead a case because he,s a very important member of society:((not)....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teflon Sammy...

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I use to see him driving around here all the time while he had no license. He was living up at Russells and coaching the local footy team, everyone was turning a blind eye pissed me off.