Foran out for season with Toe Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no point suggesting Foran go into some coaching role instead of playing to get his money off the cap because the NRL don't allow it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a paid holiday, money for free...1 fuckn million dollars...
It was a paid holiday already! He might as well have been drinking a cocktail when he was "playing" this season as he was playing in a dinner suit and was a complete passenger. He's a fraud and an imposter and I think his contract should be torn up if he has zero intention of attempting to earn his money.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club is now officially a laughing stock, but also a Club with a sub standard roster that is getting weaker each week.

Sorry but looks like a really bleak few Seasons ahead. Will be interesting to see what we look like at the end of the year.

AMAN

New Pup
Reaction score
Anyone see the pic of Foran's toe/foot on instagram right now?

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Fk and I thought he was limping around because of his shit hammy. That is messed up. Wish him well.

And to all those saying this and that about the recovery time you have no fucking idea. He is getting ligaments re attached or replaced. That will take months just to heal and take to the bone alone. I had a ruptured bicep tendon and it’s taken 6 months after 1 failed op with my semi tendinosus taken from my hammy to use as a bicep tendon and I only started lifting weights again for rehab after 4 months. Obviously professional sports players are quicker to heal than most but ligaments and tendons take time.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOLLLLL! At least we are both having shit seasons.

This was always going to happen, if it wasnt a pre existing injury there would be a new one.

Buying foran is like buying an old clapped out petrol cement mixer with rust, holes an old belt that was already in tatters, and expecting to use it to mix all the cement to pour a slab for a big house, and then use it to do all the walls.
Not to mention you paid huge money on this old rusty machine, the type of money that could have bought you a big cement mixer truck.

It was never going to happen, he's conked out before the first rooms been poured and left you in the shit, its groundhog day for Foz.

Foz will never play in dogs colours again, this is obviously the first step in medical retirement, best thing for you guys is getting him out asap.

We also bought a total bum for 400k a year in Kane Evans that we have on our books for years so im dirty too, not just you guys making bad choices.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLLLLL! At least we are both having shit seasons.

This was always going to happen, if it wasnt a pre existing injury there would be a new one.

Buying foran is like buying an old clapped out petrol cement mixer with rust, holes an old belt that was already in tatters, and expecting to use it to mix all the cement to pour a slab for a big house, and then use it to do all the walls.
Not to mention you paid huge money on this old rusty machine, the type of money that could have bought you a big cement mixer truck.

It was never going to happen, he's conked out before the first rooms been poured and left you in the shit, its groundhog day for Foz.

Foz will never play in dogs colours again, this is obviously the first step in medical retirement, best thing for you guys is getting him out asap.

We also bought a total bum for 400k a year in Kane Evans that we have on our books for years so im dirty too, not just you guys making bad choices.
We dont need cement mixers, we need brand new boom pumps

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay shouldn’t of played him when he first injured his toe (v Raiders) would have gotten progressively worse each week

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Farkn hell... makes sense why he was always hobbling all over the place. Feck that must have been sore.

I wonder if they were cortisone injecting him in games hoping it would help (would explain the fade in second halves as it wore off).

Fk and I thought he was limping around because of his shit hammy. That is messed up. Wish him well.

And to all those saying this and that about the recovery time you have no fucking idea. He is getting ligaments re attached or replaced. That will take months just to heal and take to the bone alone. I had a ruptured bicep tendon and it’s taken 6 months after 1 failed op with my semi tendinosus taken from my hammy to use as a bicep tendon and I only started lifting weights again for rehab after 4 months. Obviously professional sports players are quicker to heal than most but ligaments and tendons take time.
Ouch man... Get well soon.

I screwed the Pos Tib in my ankle years ago. Opted not to get surgery as it was borderline (apparently damaged the sheath on the tendon).

Downside is if I walk too much (say 10-15kms in a day), ankle starts to hurt. Plus if I try to turn and roll in ankle it hurts.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran’s contract is thought to have a games played quota built in. 18 games was the magical number.

The fact he falls short of this will see some more cap space come available, as he won’t see out his full allocation.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran’s contract is thought to have a games played quota built in. 18 games was the magical number.

The fact he falls short of this will see some more cap space come available, as he won’t see out his full allocation.
Where is this reported?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude... I'm wondering how a toe injury rules someone out for that long. How long does a broken toe take to heal? Surely not 2 months let alone 3. WTF happened to his toe?
It's not broken, it's ligaments torn off the bone and there is no way you can run with it. You are flat out walking. He will be in a moon boot for a long time.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's not broken, it's ligaments torn off the bone and there is no way you can run with it. You are flat out walking. He will be in a moon boot for a long time.
Shit. Sounds painful. You reckon it's enough for us to medically retire him?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran, Eastwood, Fualalo. Tualau, Montoya, Tolman & Lichaa need to be moved on asap. I don't care whether we play park footballers for next 2 years as long as we erase all traces of Des, Dib & Raelene.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok good to get a more accurate picture. His whole foot is stuffed until they surgically re-attach his ligaments. We can be more accepting of this explanation than being out for the season with a dodgy toe.

It continues to be a testing time for Bulldogs Supporters, our team is getting weaker each week.

It is going to be a long slow rebuild now and after years of Desball it is hard to take.

I've already seen on here a few Members say they are not going to renew next year, but this is the time to stick solid.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely some on here can cut Foran some slack after seeing the extent of his injury that he was carrying. Not to mention he had a bum half next to him.

Lets hope he recovers and has a full offseason to get ready for next year.

I am not writing him off. If this was the main injury he had then he might be able to freshen up for next year and play injury free. We sure as hell need him to be.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok good to get a more accurate picture. His whole foot is stuffed until they surgically re-attach his ligaments. We can be more accepting of this explanation than being out for the season with a dodgy toe.

It continues to be a testing time for Bulldogs Supporters, our team is getting weaker each week.

It is going to be a long slow rebuild now and after years of Desball it is hard to take.

I've already seen on here a few Members say they are not going to renew next year, but this is the time to stick solid.
I stick solid every year with my membership despite living in NZ ....bit like our squad each year the pack we get given is shithouse

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

As if
Who told you this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely some on here can cut Foran some slack after seeing the extent of his injury that he was carrying. Not to mention he had a bum half next to him.

Lets hope he recovers and has a full offseason to get ready for next year.

I am not writing him off. If this was the main injury he had then he might be able to freshen up for next year and play injury free. We sure as hell need him to be.
I don't like him and never wanted him, so in the end i really don't care. He's carrying issues all over and will continue to for the rest of his life. He will never be fit enough to consistently play NRL footy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.