News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As the highest paid player , yes it is in part on him
Interesting theory.
How would you rate his performance when on the field?
Also what do you think he could have done to prevent the injuries?

I agree the club hasn't got value from Foran's $2.6 to $2.8 million contract. But not because he has tried hard or form has been poor.
It's because he got injured a lot.

If he is after 3 year deal at $900k to $1.05 million that is very cheap if he can keep himself on the field. But understand the clubs reluctance for a 3 year deal.

Best for both parties to be on their way I guess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
historically foran has played 50% of games and the other 50% out injured. Ye so partly his fault.
Yes he has been out injured a lot.
If he finishes all games this season he will finish just above 60% games played.

But injuries happen, Jack Bird for example.
I think Foran's body is a result of how he plays, but of the injuries he had could of happened to anyone.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So at 300 k cause he only will play half the games. So thats like 600k. Whats he crying about. 3 years lol, have fun being retired foz. Dumb arse.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he has been out injured a lot.
If he finishes all games this season he will finish just above 60% games played.

But injuries happen, Jack Bird for example.
I think Foran's body is a result of how he plays, but of the injuries he had could of happened to anyone.
Foran is chronically injured and considered high risk. based on his actual history he should not be resigned. just because he showed glimpses of greatness doesn't make up for missing half seasons if throws our whole campaign into jeopardy

would you sign up jack bird for 3 years? I would think not. same kettle of fish

time to move on... I'd rather get some young talent even they are still rookies to build around

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's time to stop looking backwards and start looking towards the future. Enough of players holding the club to ransom. The nerve of the guy to try and dictate terms after what the club has put up with.. It would also be nice if Foran could take Lewis with him.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Barrett fucks him off.

He is a liability and doesn’t even deserve a 1 year deal.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran is no lesser or greater risk than he was 3 years ago when he signed a 3 year contract with us. At the time many reckoned he wouldn't last 3 years, and a couple of times, especially late last year when he did his shoulder, many called for a medical retirement. The same is basically true if he signs for another 3 years. There is a very high chance he will miss at least 25% of games, a high chance he will miss 50% of games, and a moderate chance he will have to medically retire in that time.

There are two main differences to signing him on a 3 year deal the second time around.
1 - It would be for far less. Offer him 3 years on $300k a season.
2 - Unlike 3 years ago we now have an up and coming 5/8 who is absolutely ready to be understudy; Avo. The key to managing the injury concerns of any player involve having a backup plan. We didn't have one three years ago. Now we have Avo, he has now got a taste of first grade, we can see what he can do and what he needs more work on. Seems to me to have a bit of similarity to the Ricky Stuart/Brent Sherwin scenario of the late 90s.

But all this is theoretical. I wonder if the reality is that Barrett simply doesn't want him. As a player I'm pretty sure it helps to feel wanted, and if Foran still hasn't gotten a call and if it is true that he is asking for three years (remember no official confirmation of this), maybe all it is really about is Foran trying to figure out if he is really wanted or not.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you fucking thick or what?
Why are you going on about the telecrap. I don't live in Sydney, don't subscribe and wouldn't pay one red fucking cent to that rag. Don't buy it don't read it.

Foran's contract before and after he signed was all over places like Zero Tackle, Fox Sports, NRL 360, Sunday Footy show, so on & so forth. All the while with contract figure in the range mentioned.

Where did you get $3.6 million from?
Where is it "documented" Foran is in the top 5 highest paid
Zero tackle,nrl 360,wow what a wealth of knowledge,no point talking to bricks .

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His body has failed him the last 3 years and ****** wanna sign him for a further 3 Years.....get off da hubby bubbly!

At the end of the day, he will not be re-signed and thank fuck this Foran chapter is coming to a close