For the umpteenth time, Jackson must move to 13, permanently.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think Jackson's a modern day lock. There is a lot more to the role than tackling and running forward (e.g. ball playing). Jackson also isn't explosive. Elliott is an ideal lock, I hope the club makes the right decision and re-signs him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair Elliott has been playing his best footy at lock so it’s a difficult situation. Jackson really does need to be played in the middle as soon as possible though. Seeing as Jackson is on a long term deal the club really has to make the call not to re-sign Elliott so Jackson can play 13.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair Elliott has been playing his best footy at lock so it’s a difficult situation. Jackson really does need to be played in the middle as soon as possible though. Seeing as Jackson is on a long term deal the club really has to make the call not to re-sign Elliott so Jackson can play 13.
We don't have to. There is no reason why Jackson can't be our version of Boyd Cordner on the edge.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prop forward.

Needs to be rotated to have more high impact and prolong his career

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't have to. There is no reason why Jackson can't be our Boyd Cordner on the edge.
There’s plenty of reasons and the biggest one is Jackson plays nothing like Cordner. Jackson’s days on a edge a long gone.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Prop forward.

Needs to be rotated to have more high impact and prolong his career
Next year throw Topine on the bench (or another second rower) instead of a utility. Have Jackson help the forwards more often than what "normal" second rowers would do, from second row. Either sub Jackson off after 60 minutes or sometime in the middle of the game and bring him back on at the end.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s plenty of reasons and the biggest one is Jackson plays nothing like Cordner. Jackson’s days on a edge a long gone.
What is Cordner good at?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
busting his ass every game what a warrior
This is exactly why I'm torn. He is a beast that never gives up.

I just blame the captaincy, it has become a poison challace after Bobcat retired.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cordners biggest strength is running lines at speed. Jackson hasn’t done that for quite some time. He’s bulked up considerably and lost a lot of his agility and speed.
Plus he is a top captain.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Elliot is better suited to lock as he is able to roam a bit more and he uses the ball a lot more than jacko. If jacko could start giving our centres some ball and have them cut back on the inside like he used to he would be much better, he also has a bit of a grubber in him we could be using more often

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Elliot is better suited to lock as he is able to roam a bit more and he uses the ball a lot more than jacko. If jacko could start giving our centres some ball and have them cut back on the inside like he used to he would be much better, he also has a bit of a grubber in him we could be using more often
I agree, Elliot is better suited to a modern lock than Jackson, he is not dynamic enough. I would even play Thompson at lock before I would put Jackson there and if we lose Elliot to another club we might be best off doing just that.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Jackson needs to learn to offload. He’s not big enough to bust the line as he runs terrible angles ... or he should support his big forwards on the edge more...he may just get his first line break!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cordners biggest strength is running lines at speed. Jackson hasn’t done that for quite some time. He’s bulked up considerably and lost a lot of his agility and speed.
Got in before me was about to say the same thing.. very easy to see the difference. Jackson’s biggest asset is work rate. Cordner is a machine at running lines.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. Reserve grade 13 I think you meant?

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
Unfortunately Jackson and Tolman are now both the exact type of player. A team can only have 1 of these like we had only Gramaldi in 2004. They have to get rid of one of these guys. Or both if they can find better players for the same coin.