Opinion For and Against

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Once we get troops back from injury, I think a top 8 goal should be set. I’m not sure we can achieve it with current halfback, but I would like to see the team push hard for it. It’s time we started to reach some higher goals other than just avoiding the spoon.
I think the goal at the start of the year was probably to win 10 games.

BTW what's happened to Noosa? Too many tourists lately.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the goal at the start of the year was probably to win 10 games.

BTW what's happened to Noosa? Too many tourists lately.
Actually I live in Miami these days.. just haven’t changed the profile. Love Noosa still and visit regularly, I’m one of those tourists now lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to be top 8 this year I believe, +/- is always important all year, small wins are fine, but not big scores put on us like last week. This year should just be about team work and building trust in one another to always be competitive. Next year will be the one when we will be a top 8 team.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only thing stopping us making the Top 8 is our halfback issue. We have a good team on paper and will see more positive results when we are back at full strength. However, no use having a Ferrari with a driver who can’t steer the car!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It was our death sentence.
I told everyone it was important to try and keep ten score under 50 and not have discussions about winning.
Because look what happened??

Never, in the history of the NRL, has a team lost a regular season game conceding 50 points and wonned the title.

We have effectively killed our season with dat yo.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It was our death sentence.
I told everyone it was important to try and keep ten score under 50 and not have discussions about winning.
Because look what happened??

Never, in the history of the NRL, has a team lost a regular season game conceding 50 points and wonned the title.

We have effectively killed our season with dat yo.
Lol, as if Dogs were contenders in the first place. I don’t get your argument here. Just to say “I told you so”.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sometimes it seems like not enough emphasis is placed on keeping for and against as positive as possible. In most seasons it does become relevant at the end of the year (especially now we are pushing for top 8), and yesterday we just completely let it go at the end. It was always going to be a tough game to win, but perhaps we could have at least tried moving Burton next to Alamoti and Reynolds to 5/8. Clearly we needed to try something…
It should have been:

Perham to left wing outside Alamoti.
Drop Avo back to FB.
Put Topine into right centre to replace Avo.

That would have kept Alamoti defending in the centres were he knows what he's doing, and some pace outside him in Perham to cover any breaks.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We got 50 points put on us so I guess that rules us out of the premiership according to stats lol
Here's another damning stat - no team has ever won a comp with Reed Mahoney at hooker.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton raped us in that Souffs game.
Wasn't enough we lost.
Tipped us massively in the red on for and against.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we have conceded the same amount as last year after 6 rounds
2022 - 56 for - 145 against 1 and 5
2023- 103 for - 145 against 3 and 3