Opinion For and Against

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sometimes it seems like not enough emphasis is placed on keeping for and against as positive as possible. In most seasons it does become relevant at the end of the year (especially now we are pushing for top 8), and yesterday we just completely let it go at the end. It was always going to be a tough game to win, but perhaps we could have at least tried moving Burton next to Alamoti and Reynolds to 5/8. Clearly we needed to try something…

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton’s already next to Alamoti unless you mean Burton to centre and keeping Alamoti on the wing?

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We got 50 points put on us so I guess that rules us out of the premiership according to stats lol
Lol I think that stat still stands for a reason
I guess it’s a young team and being consistently resilient is yet to be learned. Hopefully as the season progresses we see a more resilient (and smarter) team.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For and against means nothing for me this season. As long as we stay competitive.
But come next season there will be no excuses

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For and against means nothing for me this season. As long as we stay competitive.
But come next season there will be no excuses
For and against tells a story about how we lose and win.. this is a year to change our ability to compete for 80mins. Personally I think it does matter.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think us making the top 8 should be a goal right now. Building consistency and squad stability is how we move forward. We need to also work out what’s happening with the halfback position.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Perham, he was personally responsible for 12 points,

first 6 points wouldn’t have happened if he’d more aggressively gone after the ball and just jumped on it instead of trying to bend over to pick it up.

Second 6 points just before the game was over he was going hard running in to catch the ball then just stopped stood there and watched it bounce, by the time he thought about going after it again Mitchell had scooped it up and was scoring again ..

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think us making the top 8 should be a goal right now. Building consistency and squad stability is how we move forward. We need to also work out what’s happening with the halfback position.
Once we get troops back from injury, I think a top 8 goal should be set. I’m not sure we can achieve it with current halfback, but I would like to see the team push hard for it. It’s time we started to reach some higher goals other than just avoiding the spoon.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. That's what pissed me off the most. We completely messed up our F/A in what looks like will be be a tight competition.
It’s all about adjusting your expectations for me.
This year I’m not looking at the table, if we win more than 50% of our games- it’s a pass for me. If that gets us into the 8, then that’s a bonus.

Playing squad will improve next year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think KO is just working his way through the grades. Big jump from juniors to halfback in a FG NRL team. From all reports hes going well in reggies so we may see him this year some time imo.

About the thread topic, yeh the F/A getting screwed yesterday was the only part im sad about. I expected Souths to win considering who we had out and short turnaround, and they would have been a challenge at full strength with a good turnaround. Then when JAC went off early.... a loss was on the cards, but the size of the loss sucked.

And yeh the stupid hip drop sin binning opened the flood gates. I will be super pissed if he gets any suspension for that tackle, that would be ridiculous.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We completely let it slip the officials were against us we are missing a lot of players through injury I wouldn’t be against burto running in the centres with rajab coming in to see how he goes with flanno backs to cup play Reynalds at 6/8 let him play the whole game there it was well and truly gone when he come on