Footy Show - Chief axed

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Osama Tzatziki

thank god now we dont have to listen to that friggen thats gold song!!

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Thats gold is now gonneeee..

Chief offered nothing to the show, bias towards his beloved Newcastle.

Bring back some player interviews where one of the players would go and interview the team.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
A Bulldog player like Simon Gillies would be good on the show, I kind of got used to the Chief after a while, I hope he still makes the odd appearance.
Chief gone and never to return, no fill ins, no nothing... Just gone.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard he was offered a contract and quit.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
thats what i heard too berries. sick of travelling 3 times a week, wants to spend more time with kids, show was a disaster last year and he pretty much didnt want to be part of it anymore.

MILF

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the whole show is less than entertaining.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
the whole show is less than entertaining.
They gotta make it more interesting, maybe the AFL boyz would do it better, or have more spunky gals and dirt bikes in the studio.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Good that the Chief is gone, he added nothing to show and maybe they can get some panel members that might talk some footy

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good that the Chief is gone, he added nothing to show and maybe they can get some panel members that might talk some footy
I think the footy show suffers because they don't really talk footy. It's just a big comedy joke.

They had the most ratings when they showed the SBW interview because it was REAL footy stuff.

I enjoy the Sunday Footy Show, Thats what the footy show needs to be more like.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I think the footy show suffers because they don't really talk footy. It's just a big comedy joke.

They had the most ratings when they showed the SBW interview because it was REAL footy stuff.

I enjoy the Sunday Footy Show, Thats what the footy show needs to be more like.
Yeah, I agree. I like the funny **** as much as anyone, but they were going overboard to the point of forgetting why they were there in the first place. Bring back Sterlo I say.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
I reckon piss the whole show off

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
It's about bloody time, he was dull and boring!
Bring back Sterlo full time!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The footy show is little more than a bunch of geese making dills of themselves. It might rate ok for that reason but i hardly watch it anymore because it lacks any insight into football. They could do plenty of player interviews, a section on the up and comers of Toyota cup, maybe more things like the players and their wives/GF's having quizzes about themselves etc. I know some football fans aren't the most intelligent of people, but if the footy show is supposed to represent what league fans find amusing then i'm outside the target audience and have no wish to be associated with that group. I have no issues with some clowning around but the show should be at least 80% football discussion/interviews/previews/analysis etc and 20% clowning around. The clowning round should be geared towards amusing people going into the ad breaks like it used to be with the anti ads and such. Personally i think that if they made the last 20 minutes for things like crack a fatty, the challenge things that matty johns and the chief did etc they would cater for the serious fans and the percentage of monkeys who only watch the show for laughs. Right now i'm well and truly over it.

Oh and farewell chief. Good luck with whatever you pursue in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.