Folkes Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys disgust me. How the fcuk is it Folkes' fault? I am sure he gives them game plans but they dont follow. Is it his fault we drop balls, give away penalties and ref goes against us?

Folkes puts his heart and soul into the team and look what you guys say about him. I am disgusted you guys call yourselfs Bulldogs supporters. Folkes is here to stay till 2009 whether you guys like it or not. We aren't the damn Roosters to change coaches every ****ing year.
Your a dead set idiot mate, but considering your age not gonna write you off totally yet...

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
our only problem is shrek thinks he is a halfback does no dirty work cant tackle front on always goes side on and leaves big holes that make oposition forwards look like superstars in attack . our best games for the year were against souths and manly and he wasnt there . so people stop giving me this bull that the game has changed , the only thing that has changed is we have no go forward , look at manly there doing it with there forwards

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to get over it we had a bad year , we need to realise we lost our to best hard working defenders in grimmers and roy who would do 70 min tackls between them and nobody has put there hands up to take that roll

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Folkes is a decent coach BUT the team looked unstructured and like it had no plan.
With the squad we have we should have done alot better, especially considering we were so close to a GF in 06

dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets see, this whole year every game the same rubbish is dished up week after week yet the same players get picked, i wonder by who? Another poster mentioned it no team would ever carry hughes or perry let alone 2 of them, whose decision is that? Structure in attack and defence? Set plays cant remember the last one? Every dog has his day.. Folkes its time to go

K

Kane 'em

This is rubbish. Folkes isn't the one bombing trys left, right and centre or kicking the ball dead or picking out one of the opposition backs on the full 90% of the time.

Last night we were disgraceful. Simple as that. Never found any consistentcy throughout the season it was just frustrating to watch. We never seemed like contenders, at all this season, and it's a big wake up call to all our players.

KaTe Maari

player agent
Reaction score
The problem with folkes is the same problem with the majority of our fans.....afraid of changes,prefer stability......same tired ass players with the same tired ass plays.Folkes has achieved plenty in his 10yr tenure as coach,but the game has changed and he's not willing to change his coaching structure to adapt with it....how one out were we against the eels,infact all year.Folkes has been great for the club but now we must move forward,and also move on from hazem...as effective as a grape,breaks all the kicking records in the world,but to weak and to slow,and sherwin,well the halfback controls the pace of the game,this bloke has lost all control of his game,sad to see it has come to this for this once true champ of our club
i have to agree with that 100%.

gregh23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not so sure its time for Folkes to go. I think he has changed from when he started in 1998 to now. After season 2000, he went and brought pace and we have only missed the finals twice since then which were 2002 and 2005. We all know about 2002 and in 2005 we never seemed to have half of our best side out there.

Sure, if we don't show some improvement in our game and perhaps display more flair then questions will be rightfully asked. Next year will be a crunch year for the coach and hopefully we can improve.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he will need to improve on his 5 finals games won from the last 14 record that has creeped up on him

thats the only thing that isnt working out atm, and it happens to be the most important part of the season

i have faith he can turn it around, he has in the past

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm not so sure its time for Folkes to go. I think he has changed from when he started in 1998 to now. After season 2000, he went and brought pace and we have only missed the finals twice since then which were 2002 and 2005. We all know about 2002 and in 2005 we never seemed to have half of our best side out there.

Sure, if we don't show some improvement in our game and perhaps display more flair then questions will be rightfully asked. Next year will be a crunch year for the coach and hopefully we can improve.

Problem is that in 2001, we got that pace by paying overs for players (Salary Cap anybody?). Actually in 2000 we were called the Old "Folkes" Home we were that slow. Pretty much where we were then, we are at again. I think one more season for Folkes, but if he can't adapt next season, then he should work out where the door is.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
I said this earlier in the season. Folkse is to dusty, and he seems to think that the style of play in '04' works now and it dos'nt. Other teams have youngsters given great oppurtunity and they prove themselves and become greats like Inu and Folau,etc. But Folkse dosnt like to blood youngsters. Instead he leaves all this faith in a team that won a premiership 3 years ago. The club needs a cleanout. I dont agree Folkse should walk because he is a great coach but like the players he needs to adjust to his game everyweek and not be so predictable.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
The style that we play with has become very predictable, teams are working with our weaknesses and go on from there. I don't think Folkes's time is up he needs to be more strategic though in the way he coaches the side we can't turn up to a game not knowing were the opposition faults are and just expect a miraculous win out of that. Not sure if a clean out is needed but if thats whats going to fix the problem then so be it.

P

premiers07

Folkes has been coaching the same style of football for a long time now, but the game has evolved, but Folkes seems unwilling to embrace, or even consider moving the team to what others are doing, fine it was working up until last year. But do people think he has what it takes to reinvent the team again?
if you look at my thread 2 weeks ago, my mail is Folkes will not there next year.
he has been a great coach for us, but it is time to move on. everyone can see we have no structure, no game plan.
it is a young mans game now, and we had Perry playing for us last night,he is too slow in defence and attack, thank god he is not there next year. he is not the only one, unfortunately we are too slow across the park.
we need to bring in some pace, young guys, nanai, winitana, groom and sullivan next year.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Perry needs to go
Roberts needs to be in another posistion more fitted to his style
Hickey needs a wake up call
Matuia needs his head to shrink
Patten needs to captain
Ryan needs to harden up
Sherwin needs something
Millard needs to go

A Cleanout is needed. Blood the young pups and watch em go.. We need to do this early in the season to see what we can expect.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Perry needs to go
Patten needs to captain
Ryan needs to harden up
Sherwin needs something
Millard needs to go

A Cleanout is needed. Blood the young pups and watch em go.. We need to do this early in the season to see what we can expect.
I think Millard has been impressive overall for his first year at the club, There might be some small aspects which he might need to clean up in his game other than he is doing a good job. Not sure whats going on with Tonga i haven't been impressed with him at all, it might sound like i am been a tough critic with him, but we have all seen his potential and he can do much better then that. He has suffered from various injuries over the time and i can understand that but so have a lot of players but they have returned ten times better and hungrier.

P

premiers07

Perry needs to go
Patten needs to captain
Ryan needs to harden up
Sherwin needs something
Millard needs to go

i agree all of the above except Ryan was good last night and will stay as captain.
id actually play Ryan second row/prop so we can play koups and te marrri in the same team
i think Roberts needs a good half back inside of him.Sherwin didnt stand up last night or over the last 5 weeks.
Millard, slow yes but his defence is first class, if we had more pace outside and inside him it would be ok.
maitua has had a dissapointing season.
facts are we lost 5 of our last 6 and we lost more than we one, it is not good enough.
there needs to be changes if we are to move forward, sure with the same team we will always be competitve but thats not good enough, we are here to win not run 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.