Folkes Names Unchanged Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
not completely happy with the side but with Maitua and El Masri still out i am not sure if we could of named a better side, the thing that worries me is worst case senario the dragons would have put 30 points on us, if Cooper had caught the ball and they were given the try from the video reff.

hopefully i get proven wrong though, and we can come away with the win this week.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has named an unchanged line-up... any suprise?

K

kennyy

lol @ deception coming on, looking thru this thread then moving on

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
round 3 we kept the same side..then what happen round 4

even if we win doesn't mean we don't need changes

is el masri still injured?

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm we'll see what happens and what Morrin does on Saturday...

I have nothing to say, but it'll be funny how many of you start bashing him if he f*cks up, just like you all turned on Reni because of speculation in the media.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coach folkes rarely makes changes. HE doesn't make changes when we lose, so why will he when we win.

I doubt anyone is calling for mass changes, but blooding a potential gamebreaker or someone providing variety would be nice. I would like to see Groom on the bench sometime this year, like Shifty in 2001.

Persisting with Perry the last 2 years when we had the flair and speed of Bully in reserve grade sums Folkes up to a tee!

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bully as in Ngawini?

If so then i wouldn't disagree with that, Ngawini's defence is very poor..and we got killed up the middle as well last year, him being there would make it worse..

Not that Perry should've been there either.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
round 3 we kept the same side..then what happen round 4

even if we win doesn't mean we don't need changes

is el masri still injured?
true, but having said that one week we were playing a side which had a few key injuries and were not on their game, and then we played one of the bigger packs of the comp, so the difference was evident.

Thats why i think we needed a change this week, as i mentioned earlier on if 2 calls had gone the dragons way they would of put 30 on us (cooper try, and video reff decision), someone mentioned that El Masri will be back in round 9 against the Panthers (we have the bye in round 8).

Manly definitely have the advantage in their backline, if their forwards were a bit stronger i wouldn't want to think about what would happen on Saturday.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Matuia will be a late inclusion taking Warburtons bench spot.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bully as in Ngawini?

If so then i wouldn't disagree with that, Ngawini's defence is very poor..and we got killed up the middle as well last year, him being there would make it worse..

Bully is Isaac Lukes nic.

No problems with Ngawinis non selection, but Folkes constantly overlooking Isaac Luke for Perry was a big eff up

80fic...

Bully as in Ngawini?

great to see you sharing your extensive knowledge of rugby league with us deception, thanks mate

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reni playing like crap still makes more metres than Morrin, and he hasn't been missing tackles in his few games this year..
Not supporting Morrin here (not that I have a problem with him either way) But the stats on Reni are not great in RD1 and RD2 was quite crap. He was dropped for his poor attitude towards footy after this for all the reasons most of us are quite well aware of, but on topic, his stats are not great. He did miss a few tackles,can't remember if they led to try's though.

Just click the links to the Dogs games in RD1 and 2, then go player stats and we can all see right there. I agree Morrin needs to stop with the dumb sh*t also. Quite frustrating.

http://nrlstats.com/season/archive.html

Status
Not open for further replies.