News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't prove otherwise either... the fine tuning of the universe and the perfect design of man and nature suggests a creator to me... DNA is far more advanced than any programming language man has created.. a single cell is far more advanced than anything a human could come up with..

there are churches that are scammers though and I will give you that.. like those mega churches... the way I see it, all humans should give, but not to those types of establishments, but to people who are in need... that's more true to what Jesus was about.. genuine charity... not just handing your money over for self satisfaction
History proves there is no such thing as gods. And evolution has had millions of years to refine the design of our cells and the DNA they are made of.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
History proves there is no such thing as gods. And evolution has had millions of years to refine the design of our cells and the DNA they are made of.
Of course there is no such thing as God's.. there is only one..however I'd love to hear how 'history' has proven such a thing. I have also never seen proof of this "evolution" thing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you know it was only $3,000,000? Both parties have said that it is confidential, meaning that they know what was involved, no other parties. The media will always speculate. How do you know that the Telegraph's $8,000,000 wasn't closer to the mark? We don't know, it's non of our business.

Secondly, if Folau wasn't happy with the payout, he'd have continued with the court case. This case was a win in the bag for him, so he'd have continued if he wanted to.

Thirdly, a little left-field here, there are so many people commenting on Izzy's Instagram saying how much they hate him and that he's greedy etc. How do these same people not know what he'll do with the money? How do we know he won't help the church, of give to those who need it, or help fund missionaries that he was do to under go once he retired from playing (which seems more likely). We never questioned what he did with his money when he was playing, so who are we to question it now that he's not playing? It's the exact same outcome, he gets millions whether or not he plays (he was fired remember, he didn't away from the game and chose to sue them afterwards), he does what he wants with his money.
The $3 million figure came out of Rugby Australia after they got annoyed with all the talk going around in the media. $3.1 million to be precise. Castle and RA also confirmed that what they paid was less than their court costs would have been if they ran a full trial and they confirmed that this, and the fact that the shareholders wanted a resolution, were the only reasons (all details are on The Australian site)

Considering that the $3 million amount was what they were originally considering and he was asking for $14 million, it's not a big win but it's still $3 million that he doesn't have to work for. I wouldn't complain if I was offered $3 million.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course there is no such thing as God's.. there is only one..however I'd love to hear how 'history' has proven such a thing. I have also never seen proof of this "evolution" thing.
On evolution, there's plenty of proof of it. I'm not talking about fossils. We have observed evolution in species and we see evolution take place every day when we see mutations in new babies. Interestingly, most humans have at least one mutation that isn't the norm.

That doesn't mean that a God or Gods don't exist though. Just that there's plenty of evidence of evolution but none of God. But again, that doesn't mean that the Gods don't exist.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On evolution, there's plenty of proof of it. I'm not talking about fossils. We have observed evolution in species and we see evolution take place every day when we see mutations in new babies. Interestingly, most humans have at least one mutation that isn't the norm.

That doesn't mean that a God or Gods don't exist though. Just that there's plenty of evidence of evolution but none of God. But again, that doesn't mean that the Gods don't exist.
Plenty of proof that God don’t exist..check out a Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation centre..that’s where I found out the answer..:D

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throughout history there have been dozens of civilisations and each of them had their own pantheon of gods. Think Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Prussian, Aztec, Mayans, etc and while these civilisations had no contact with each other, their pantheons had similarities such as there was a god of day and a god of night, a god of good crops and one for bad years, basically there was a god for everything we couldn’t explain, which in those early years was pretty much everything in nature.

For example in many of the historical civilisations, you will find a common moon god to explain why it changes shape as it passed across the sky and sometimes turns red. There was a god of thunder, one for lighting, another for earthquakes, volcanoes, changing seasons etc. Even the Aboriginal culture of Australia has the myth about two brothers fighting over the same woman and their fight is thunder and the clash of their stone axes is the lightning. Look up lightning brothers.

And what was the demise of all these myths and gods? Simple education. We now know what causes thunder and lightning and earthquakes and volcanoes and so we don’t need those “gods” as explanations.

But at the time those gods “existed” in exactly the same way as the modern gods exist, based solely on the belief of their followers. And those civilisations believed in them so devoutly and fervently that they would willingly sacrifice themselves to those gods to change events. So you cannot question their belief. In fact I would say that the modern religious type are wimps compared to the people of those eras and the strength of their beliefs.

Education kills gods and religions stone dead. Education not only reveals the bullshit of religions, it exposes the truth about our world and our existence, where we come from and where we’re heading. Is it any coincidence that the Catholic Church’s two remaining mainstays of devotion are Africa and South America where education standards remain low? Is it also a coincidence that in our Western educated cultures we have what 3 or 4 gods remaining that are worshiped?

Religion attendances are declining in the Western world for every single one of them because we are more educated, more aware and far less reliant on their teachings for guidance and knowledge.

If history proves one thing about so called gods, they can be easily killed off by education or eliminating all their followers, as no followers means they don’t exist. And if you can kill off a god than they were never really one to begin with.

And evolution is proven by the existence of drug resistant bacteria. The bacteria evolved to became resistant to the effects of the drugs used to initially combat it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Throughout history there have been dozens of civilisations and each of them had their own pantheon of gods. Think Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Prussian, Aztec, Mayans, etc and while these civilisations had no contact with each other, their pantheons had similarities such as there was a god of day and a god of night, a god of good crops and one for bad years, basically there was a god for everything we couldn’t explain, which in those early years was pretty much everything in nature.

For example in many of the historical civilisations, you will find a common moon god to explain why it changes shape as it passed across the sky and sometimes turns red. There was a god of thunder, one for lighting, another for earthquakes, volcanoes, changing seasons etc. Even the Aboriginal culture of Australia has the myth about two brothers fighting over the same woman and their fight is thunder and the clash of their stone axes is the lightning. Look up lightning brothers.

And what was the demise of all these myths and gods? Simple education. We now know what causes thunder and lightning and earthquakes and volcanoes and so we don’t need those “gods” as explanations.

But at the time those gods “existed” in exactly the same way as the modern gods exist, based solely on the belief of their followers. And those civilisations believed in them so devoutly and fervently that they would willingly sacrifice themselves to those gods to change events. So you cannot question their belief. In fact I would say that the modern religious type are wimps compared to the people of those eras and the strength of their beliefs.

Education kills gods and religions stone dead. Education not only reveals the bullshit of religions, it exposes the truth about our world and our existence, where we come from and where we’re heading. Is it any coincidence that the Catholic Church’s two remaining mainstays of devotion are Africa and South America where education standards remain low? Is it also a coincidence that in our Western educated cultures we have what 3 or 4 gods remaining that are worshiped?

Religion attendances are declining in the Western world for every single one of them because we are more educated, more aware and far less reliant on their teachings for guidance and knowledge.

If history proves one thing about so called gods, they can be easily killed off by education or eliminating all their followers, as no followers means they don’t exist. And if you can kill off a god than they were never really one to begin with.

And evolution is proven by the existence of drug resistant bacteria. The bacteria evolved to became resistant to the effects of the drugs used to initially combat it.
Just because some civilisations made up dodgy fake "Gods" doesn't prove that there is no true living God.

So we know what causes something that already exists.. but what was the first cause??? what set things in motion? this will NEVER be answered by man, so don't think you know it all because you regurgitate the same nonsense that every other atheist does..

a bacteria became resistant to the effects of drugs... let me know when it forms into an egg or a chicken... or a sun or a moon... or a world, or a universe.. let me know when it fine tunes the planet for life

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

how can you compare mutations in babies to a single cell becoming a fine tuned planet/ universe... I want to see species evolve into something else.. do you think that man will evolve into some other form?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't understand how that, in any way disproves God
Well...I was on a tilt table..which is a table that I am strapped on too, which is then raised up which allows me to stand and have weight bearing on my legs. As I was standing in the gymnasium I looked around the room at the people exercising. I saw an older woman in her late 60s, a young boy aged 13, a young girl aged 18, an older man in his late 50s, and man in his late 40s who had both a spinal injury and brain injury..As I observed the people struggling to get as much movement and strength as they could, I could not help but think, is there a God? If there is, how could he allow such horrible things to happen to people? How could he abandon us? Why do we have to struggle so hard? My thoughts then strayed to children with cancer, babies who only live for a few weeks, and good people who experience such loss and hardships in their lives. The only conclusion I could come to , is that God did not exist. A belief that has been confirmed as my experiences grew going to hospitals, and meeting others who have suffered losses in their lives.

To me that was proof enough..for you and others maybe not..but to me ..yes..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand how that, in any way disproves God
If there was a loving god, he wouldn't have people with spinal injuries, MND etc

For a so called loving god, he has a weird way of showing it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well...I was on a tilt table..which is a table that I am strapped on too, which is then raised up which allows me to stand and have weight bearing on my legs. As I was standing in the gymnasium I looked around the room at the people exercising. I saw an older woman in her late 60s, a young boy aged 13, a young girl aged 18, an older man in his late 50s, and man in his late 40s who had both a spinal injury and brain injury..As I observed the people struggling to get as much movement and strength as they could, I could not help but think, is there a God? If there is, how could he allow such horrible things to happen to people? How could he abandon us? Why do we have to struggle so hard? My thoughts then strayed to children with cancer, babies who only live for a few weeks, and good people who experience such loss and hardships in their lives. The only conclusion I could come to , is that God did not exist. A belief that has been confirmed as my experiences grew going to hospitals, and meeting others who have suffered losses in their lives.

Nobody understands why things are the way they are.. heck, Jesus himself and was crucified in the worst possible way, by man!... I am certain he was asking more questions than you and I could at that time... and not only was he crucified in the worst possible way, but he had to live with knowing that it was to be his destiny.. I personally don't even like seeing a little child lose the top of their ice cream, let alone what you experience.... it still doesn't disprove God though... and in some weird way, he has an eternal plan for everybody (besides c*nts)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there was a loving god, he wouldn't have people with spinal injuries, MND etc

For a so called loving god, he has a weird way of showing it.

I'm not going to act like it's something I don't struggle with.... I can't make sense of it... all I can think of is that God's plan is eternal... whatever happens here is some weird way of preparing the heart and soul for eternity... it sucks, and I certainly don't think anybody deserves to go through that... or anybody go through any form of suffering

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because some civilisations made up dodgy fake "Gods" doesn't prove that there is no true living God.
History proves gods are easily made up and worshipped even though they don't really exist. Just like today. History also demonstrates that faith is not a reliable determination of the existence of a god. Just like today.

So we know what causes something that already exists.. but what was the first cause??? what set things in motion? this will NEVER be answered by man, so don't think you know it all because you regurgitate the same nonsense that every other atheist does..
Yes we will and that terrifies the religious. Newton was castigated by the Church for theorising gravity because it went against the laws of god. The result = Man 1, God 0. Man will prove that gods never did exist, including yours, and that religion was nothing more than another form of control over the masses through fear. "Follow my religion or you'll burn forever and die horribly and be punished for all eternity...blah blah blah" Sound familiar?

a bacteria became resistant to the effects of drugs... let me know when it forms into an egg or a chicken... or a sun or a moon... or a world, or a universe.. let me know when it fine tunes the planet for life
You asked for proof of evolution and I gave it to you. As with everything people can chose to ignore the fact if it doesn't fit their narrative, but that's the beauty of facts, they do not require belief as they are facts.

And if you want an answer to the old chicken and egg thing, it was an egg that came first because chickens are birds and birds evolved from dinosaurs and dinosaurs laid eggs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of proof that God don’t exist..check out a Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation centre..that’s where I found out the answer..:D
Or proof that God isn't a nice deity.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
History proves gods are easily made up and worshipped even though they don't really exist. Just like today. History also demonstrates that faith is not a reliable determination of the existence of a god. Just like today.

Yes we will and that terrifies the religious. Newton was castigated by the Church for theorising gravity because it went against the laws of god. The result = Man 1, God 0. Man will prove that gods never did exist, including yours, and that religion was nothing more than another form of control over the masses through fear. "Follow my religion or you'll burn forever and die horribly and be punished for all eternity...blah blah blah" Sound familiar?

You asked for proof of evolution and I gave it to you. As with everything people can chose to ignore the fact if it doesn't fit their narrative, but that's the beauty of facts, they do not require belief as they are facts.

And if you want an answer to the old chicken and egg thing, it was an egg that came first because chickens are birds and birds evolved from dinosaurs and dinosaurs laid eggs.
Of course Gods are easily made up... Just like theories about here that don't include a God can be easily made up and disproven.. and there are just as many, if not more of those than Gods

You do realise that Hell was not part of the original teachings right? pretty much the original scripture was all about love and treating your neighbour the way you wish to be treated... organised religion has done just as much bad, as good to the word of God, I will give you that... but the original scripture is not about fear and control, it's about teaching us to live well.. I know for me personally I was living a horrible life, drinking, parting, and just being a general piece of shit... and how did that end up? anxiety, panic disorder, depression, etc...

Man will never have genuine evidence of the first cause, believer or not, and I admit that.. I have my faith in a fine tuned universe being set in place by a creator, you have your belief that a fine tuned universe came to be by accident.

I want genuine proof of lifeforms, planets, universes coming into being from a single cell, and lifeforms evolving into different lifeforms... it's not that hard ..is it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
how can you compare mutations in babies to a single cell becoming a fine tuned planet/ universe... I want to see species evolve into something else.. do you think that man will evolve into some other form?
Yep. Man will most certainly evolve (unless we got extinct first). If we left it up to nature then we would evolve naturally. But we now have the means to evolve ourselves artificially which China has started experimenting with.

The reason I brought up mutation is 'cause that's what evolution is. Evolution is just mutations that are so helpful for survival that they don't get bred out.

Thousands of years ago genetic disorders that didn't help the human race survive, died off. It's only now that we have such a luxury of living that we keep this pointless mutations alive.

But mutations are common. Very common. They happen constantly and if they don't help then they tend to die off because the creatures with these mutations don't breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.