News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rugby Australia has come out saying that the settlement amount was $3 million. Castle handled the negotiation. She was authorised to go much higher but she talked them down.

Article is in The Australian

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby Australia has come out saying that the settlement amount was $3 million. Castle handled the negotiation. She was authorised to go much higher but she talked them down.

Lol nice try at playing it down too. She was just saying the other day that the amount is confidential lolllll.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So not educated just an “edgelord” lol Proclaiming non facts
It's a joke. Wahesh said "miracles". Nothing about the Catholic Church. So I was merely talking about miracles in general. The fact that you turned it into a discussion about the catholic Church is actually really offensive to people from the Church of the Dropbear.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a joke. Wahesh said "miracles". Nothing about the Catholic Church. So I was merely talking about miracles in general. The fact that you turned it into a discussion about the catholic Church is actually really offensive to people from the Church of the Dropbear.
A miracle is t a miracle unless confirmed by the one true holy apostolic Catholic Church.
Repent sodomite

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Less than a quarter of what the greedy arsehole was asking for. Definite win for Rugby Australia IMO. :p

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol nice try at playing it down too. She was just saying the other day that the amount is confidential lolllll.
It was, but you brainless clowns continued to use it to troll Rugby Australia and to use that confidentiality to falsely claim victory for Folau, so she just dropped the mic on your loopy arses ;)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was, but you brainless clowns continued to use it to troll Rugby Australia and to use that confidentiality to falsely claim victory for Folau, so she just dropped the mic on your loopy arses ;)
lmfao ok boomer

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Less than a quarter of what the greedy arsehole was asking for. Definite win for Rugby Australia IMO. :p
Lol how’s it a win for rugby Australia? They paid out a guy they said broke the code of conduct or whatever bullshitism and broke rules in his contract. If that were true no deal out of court would have happened and they would have destroyed him in court. But look, you may identify as it being a win for rugby Australia albeit rugby Australia gained nothing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol how’s it a win for rugby Australia? They paid out a guy they said broke the code of conduct or whatever bullshitism and broke rules in his contract. If that were true no deal out of court would have happened and they would have destroyed him in court. But look, you may identify as it being a win for rugby Australia albeit rugby Australia gained nothing.
I’m taking the piss out of you snd everyone rise who claimed it as a win for Folau. Is there ANYTHING anyone says that doesn’t go over your head?

A settlement isn’t a win for anyone. It’s a COMPROMISE. But if Folau and his team were really confident of winning the case, they wouldn’t have settled for an amount that was so spectacularly short of the figure they were asking for.

Folau and his team exploited the legal system because they knew if they made enough of a nuisance of themselves they would get a payout to male them go away.

now that 3 million will pay for Folau’s hair dressing needs for at least the next six months. What a Christian! Lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How do you know it was only $3,000,000? Both parties have said that it is confidential, meaning that they know what was involved, no other parties. The media will always speculate. How do you know that the Telegraph's $8,000,000 wasn't closer to the mark? We don't know, it's non of our business.

Secondly, if Folau wasn't happy with the payout, he'd have continued with the court case. This case was a win in the bag for him, so he'd have continued if he wanted to.

Thirdly, a little left-field here, there are so many people commenting on Izzy's Instagram saying how much they hate him and that he's greedy etc. How do these same people not know what he'll do with the money? How do we know he won't help the church, of give to those who need it, or help fund missionaries that he was do to under go once he retired from playing (which seems more likely). We never questioned what he did with his money when he was playing, so who are we to question it now that he's not playing? It's the exact same outcome, he gets millions whether or not he plays (he was fired remember, he didn't away from the game and chose to sue them afterwards), he does what he wants with his money.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... why have I not seen that one before? The video for Toca's Miracle that I only knew of was the one where the girls play futsal - I can't seem to find that these days. You know the one?
I think I remember it somewhat.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite the fact that miracles have been performed that defy science and logic?
LOL I've seen hundreds of miracles performed by pastors, TV Christian evangelists, demon exorcisms and every single one of them was a complete and utter well orchestrated and expensive sham.

Status
Not open for further replies.