Flying Saucers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The sheik today prestons mosque pretty much summed it today with technology

He said the in Islam, they are using the best available technology for the muslims to help them with the schedule prayer times and listening to recitation of the quran and other dua on their mp3 players or cd players but unfortunately he said the muslims are not only alienating themselves as humans but they are also alienating themselves from religion.

He said it is very scary considering how technology is alienating people from the really most important things in life.

Its like when someone has these technologies like a laptop, mobile phone or whatever, its like they are living in their own world and they have closed themselves from the outside world and he is concerned that in the next 20-40 years its going to get 100x worse then it is now with the way how technology just keeps evolving.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well its a good thing for me that I can use technology and "live in my own world" and still comminicate with humans :grinning:

I

I R Cookie

Which is exactly why I have the most respect in this world for the fisherman, or the logger who lives in a remote area, has barely any technology, and earns a pittance. If you ever meet these people, you'll always find that they are the people who are most content with life. They always have a smile on their face. They have their close family and friends who they see every day to have a coffee/beer with. They don't worry about the best phone, the best car, the best clothes. They're simply content with what they have.

I've always thought to myself, I wish I was born a couple of centuries ago. It was an exciting time for the world then. Now? As you said, it's effing scary.
So true.

My mum grew up on the family farm with all her cousins etc, makes me jealous the kind of lifestyle they lead compared to us with everything but not being content.
I'll say though, my dad only recently admitted the reason for him leaving south africa was due to the black/white political drama, and also our family bickering. We could be living it up over there but they chose to come here for a peaceful, more humble life. As much as it kills me being away from parts of my family, i'm also glad I don't have to deal with those issues. And they are pretty big issues lol.

Also, nice read Jorgie :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.