Flying Saucers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
I remember being a kid in class and the teacher asking us to draw pictures of what we think the future would be like and we'd draw aliens, people in space suits and flying saucers everywhere in the sky. Cars that would fly and could take us anywhere.

I think these prophecys had some truth to them. We were onto something us kids.

Fast forward 20 years and we are constantly surrounded by technology. We are unable to cut off from the world. Anything or Anyone we need is at the touch of our hands. We rely on these little devices for everything. Without them we are cut off from the world.

Our mobile phones are the first things we see in the morning and the last thing we see at night. These digital shiny machines follow us around everywhere, just like these flying saucers did in the pictures we use to draw.

Flying cars? Who needs them when we can see anything or be anywhere at the touch of a button. The internet is our means of travel. Why do we need to leave the house when we can have anything we want at our doorstep without having to even speak to another person.

We are the aliens. Society is breeding a culture where it is ok to alienate ourselves and live vicariously through technology rather than physically going out there and dealing with life the hard way. We can say and be whoever we want to be without having to worry about the ramifications of our actions.

What have we set ourselves up for? If we were to ask our young children or siblings to draw a picture of the future, what do they forsee? Just the thought of what divinations these kids could have scare the sh1t out of me.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting read.

Off but sorta on topic, it's also funny when you watch movies like demolition man and the future they depict, makes me lol every time :grinning:

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
interesting stuff. Did you write this? Well done.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
yeh i did

Last edited by a moderator:

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Good stuff - I often think about things similar to this and it's scary to imagine where we will be in 10, 20, 50 years time from now. What our kids and grand kids will do for entertainment.

I remember hearing a couple of years back that scientist believe it will either be our generation or the next generation that will be the generation that lives forever. Basically meaning that in the next 30-50 years we will have either developed cures to every known disease, or an 'elixir of life' of sorts. I dunno how reliable the source or prediction is, but I believe it is certainly with-in the bounds of human capability.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my light sabre :(

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Doesnt it scare you boots about the sort of world your kids are going to have to grow up in?

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
TBH Jorgie, yeah it does, and i try and not think about it too much!!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this read Jorgie. Thanks.

You are 100% spot on. I'm glad to see you thinking outside the square.

Keyword = Alien

We're becoming anything but human as time goes on. Technology, supposed to help makes our lives easier is only making us less human.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this read Jorgie. Thanks.

You are 100% spot on. I'm glad to see you thinking outside the square.

Keyword = Alien

We're becoming anything but human as time goes on. Technology, supposed to help makes our lives easier is only making us less human.
And it more so evident in Sydney than it is in country/regional areas. Very rare to find real genuine people now-a-days

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
And it more so evident in Sydney than it is in country/regional areas. Very rare to find real genuine people now-a-days
you found me bebbeh, thats all that matters

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I have the most respect in this world for the fisherman, or the logger who lives in a remote area, has barely any technology, and earns a pittance. If you ever meet these people, you'll always find that they are the people who are most content with life. They always have a smile on their face. They have their close family and friends who they see every day to have a coffee/beer with. They don't worry about the best phone, the best car, the best clothes. They're simply content with what they have.

I've always thought to myself, I wish I was born a couple of centuries ago. It was an exciting time for the world then. Now? As you said, it's effing scary.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I have the most respect in this world for the fisherman, or the logger who lives in a remote area, has barely any technology, and earns a pittance. If you ever meet these people, you'll always find that they are the people who are most content with life. They always have a smile on their face. They have their close family and friends who they see every day to have a coffee/beer with. They don't worry about the best phone, the best car, the best clothes. They're simply content with what they have.

I've always thought to myself, I wish I was born a couple of centuries ago. It was an exciting time for the world then. Now? As you said, it's effing scary.
Says the man who owns a flashy car :p

I like to think that im not driven by money. Id be content with earning enough to raise a family and live comfortably

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Says the man who owns a flashy car :p

I like to think that im not driven by money. Id be content with earning enough to raise a family and live comfortably
Truth being Moe, I could have always had a better one. Life is full of contradictions though. I wanted a car that looked nice, would last me a long time, is comfortable, and is big enough for a family.

Although, if I had a choice where I was born and what lifestyle I'd lead - it wouldn't be this one.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Its like everything we do, everyone knows about. We cant hide. We know everything about our friends. Their dirty little secrets. These people we call our friends really dont care. They are just waiting for us to fail.

I too wish i was born during some other time when we didnt have to worry about these things. They are absolute headf*cks because no matter how hard we cant escape them. The things we rely on to meausre our self worth are pittiful.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 will reveal all! The Reptilian leader of our known Universe will come down and free the evil spirits living in our bodies

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2012 will reveal all! The Reptilian leader of our known Universe will come down and free the evil spirits living in our bodies
Leo Chingkwake?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
get an E metre to measure the thetans within you......... audit yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.