• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Flat screen TV question

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are oled / uled tv prone to vertical banding? My Samsung cop it within the first 6 months of ownership, Samsung said they wouldn't do anything about it.

Moral of the story is Samsung's are POS

BEAST MODE

Previously Sancho2020
Gilded
Reaction score
Are oled / uled tv prone to vertical banding? My Samsung cop it within the first 6 months of ownership, Samsung said they wouldn't do anything about it.

Moral of the story is Samsung's are POS
I haven't noticed it at all while watching or gaming with it. Do have a dead pixel but that's something I don't notice and don't really want to run the risk of getting a worse panel back in return. I'll leave it for a year and claim through my warranty and hopefully get a free upgrade because there's no stock left lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My LG screen developed lines 2 years after we bought it. Fortunately LG said that they'll still repair even though it's out of warranty. After a few months of back and forth they advised that they can't get parts to repair it so they're effectively giving us a full refund. Time to look for a new TV.

Have the Sony x9000h as my second TV and I love it. Thinking of getting another one of those but I may wait until the new Sony's and Samsung's come out.