Flanagone....

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Kyle has gone about things with dignity and professionalism esspecially after being dropped and worked his way into the team at times and admitingly was one of the best for us when he did come on. We gave him some shit on here at times but I applaud his attitude in dealing with what the Kennel threw at him lol
Honestly you really think he reads the Kennel? that'll do me!

Malla

Reaction score
I think Kyle has gone about things with dignity and professionalism esspecially after being dropped and worked his way into the team at times and admitingly was one of the best for us when he did come on. We gave him some shit on here at times but I applaud his attitude in dealing with what the Kennel threw at him lol
Ahhhh if only you knew
His attitude was bad lol

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ’s money is the only part that we would have to spend. Thommo & Flanno’s money was allocated elsewhere along time ago.

There should be enough money from TPJ for a quality addition. The issue is there isn’t any quality out there to add.
Yeah good point.

I understand the NRL salary cap and grant money is set so that a club is encouraged to spend close to 100% of it per year, I'm not sure it carries over to following year, or it's just a small amount. I'm not clear on the can and can'ts of backending and pre loading contracts.

So Bulldogs have large 2024 leftover cap space, and I'd hate the feeling of the Dogs signing a player to a large contract just for the sake of it, or upgrading contracts and promoting that'll mean they have to commit to paying those the following years on contract. As soon as a large contract player loses some form the witch hunt begins.

It's noted that there aren't many worthy expensive players to sign for 2024 and it's probably too early or unnecessary to lock in a gun junior, there's no existing hype for it.

Bulldogs should look into using that cap space on a loan. Use the Harry Grant Tigers example while we sort out a replacement. Just got to look for a position we need that stuck behind an established player from another club and loan them for a season. It's a win-win for clubs and player.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Did we seriously pay Flanagan $600k…
Cut in half: Details of Flanagan’s new Dragons’ contract revealed
He makes the move to the Dragons in 2024.
The Kyle Flanagan has reportedly taken a large pay cut to join the St George Illawarra Dragons in 2024.

Flanagan, who has yo-yoed his way in and out of first-grade during his time at the Canterbury Bulldogs in recent seasons following stints at both the Cronulla Sharks and Sydney Roosters, was on around $600,000 during the final year of his deal at the Bulldogs.

The Sydney Morning Herald are reporting that his pay packet at the Dragons, who he joins to keep his NRLcareer alive in 2024 has been cut in half and then some.
"THE Kyle Flanagan"..... fkn lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him. He managed his ending well and always looked committed. Has no future as an NRL half in my opinion but maybe his dad can unlock something. I don’t mind him as a 9.
Well said no need to shit on the bloke for being devoid of talent now.Always had a crack from what I observed.

Won't miss you Flanno but good luck.
UK the next stop after the Dragqueens, go and play with Thommo at Wigan brah.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yep, but he's been garbage on the footy field. Just weird how all of a sudden people miss him. He's a piece of hot trash. If not for his dad he wouldn't be playing Ron Massey Cup even.
Bit harsh, I think he proved he is a NSW Cup level hooker. Agree he is worse than that as a half. St George only have liddle and need Hunt to play 7. Liddle is pretty injury prone so Flannagan could be good back up for them.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, but he's been garbage on the footy field. Just weird how all of a sudden people miss him. He's a piece of hot trash. If not for his dad he wouldn't be playing Ron Massey Cup even.
Ron Massey Cup players need their oranges cut in quarters, that could be his job, just give him a blunt knife though or else he will lose a finger.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bit harsh, I think he proved he is a NSW Cup level hooker. Agree he is worse than that as a half. St George only have liddle and need Hunt to play 7. Liddle is pretty injury prone so Flannagan could be good back up for them.
Has he made it as a Reserve Grade hooker???? Before he was demoted to Reserve Grade, our Reserve Grade team was top of the table. Thanks in part to his demotion they didn't even make the finals. Did he make it as a Reserve Grade hooker?

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think his old man will get the best out of him.
Maybe so..and if he doesn't dad can kindly say.."listen son this Nrl gig is a stretch the poms will snap you up give Thommo a bell".
And maybe this as well "also I'm fucking up this coaching gig here so I might be over there too, so we can house share" :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe so..and if he doesn't dad can kindly say.."listen son this Nrl gig is a stretch the poms will snap you up give Thommo a bell".
And maybe this as well "also I'm fucking up this coaching gig here so I might be over there too, so we can house share" :tearsofjoy:
If nothing else, he will learn from Hunt. He can take that knowledge to the esl and might return as a better halfback

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no hard feelings towards Flanno. He just didn't cut it in the NRL for us. At one point I think around when we signed Sexton, it was bought up that he had less than 3 try assists in a couple of seasons. Sexton got one or two assists on debut for us if memory serves. Even Oloapu got a try assist in his handful of games and I thought hd was under done on debut and through this year.

I guess having an NRL coach at home is well and good. It'll get you so far. But doesn't matter how hard you try sometimes, you can hit your ceiling. I think reserve grade might just be Kyle's ceiling. It's out of our hands now anyway.

Good luck with the Drag queens Flanno.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly you really think he reads the Kennel? that'll do me!
Plenty of players get fan feedback from the Kennel, two hundred experts have some push.
Dread the day the Dragons legend kicks our ass, he has time on the clock.