News Flanagan just wants to be himself

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My summary of the Flanagan Story is concerning. The last few sentences of story summarizes his game style.

“Burto's a freak of a player and our combination really built last year. I started to learn when and how he wants the ball and we're looking to build off that."

I personally think he can't think he's entirely there just to feed the ball to Burton, he needs to take some risks and go for it! Like Appollo Creed said Rocky “There is no tomorrow”. He really doesn't need to justify what he is thinking in a news story, he needs to show it on the field and make the opposition start to respect his gameplay. Then everyone will start to notice Kyle FLANAGAN.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Love the title, no one made the claim from the club that he's the next Cleary.

Watch the video and the reporter even says "he doesn't want him to be Nathan Cleary clone" when referring to Ciro.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Watch the video and the reporter even says "he doesn't want him to be Nathan Cleary clone" when referring to Ciro.
Yeh i thought it was weird to title it that, when nobody has compared Flanno to Cleary. And obviously its no comparison. Cleary is a duel premiership winning half who controls his team, Flanno is a spoon winning half who barely controls himself.

Im ok to give him a go this year, we will know soon enough if hes up to it. Not like there's a line of halves looking for other clubs anyway. Not going to judge much from pre season. His first trial he was adequate, and second trial not so much, but the same could be said about the whole team.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What's really behind this Flanagan media push?
Surely he's the last guy the club should be drawing attention to?
Especially as the stories are mainly about how Flanagan is under pressure.
Just weird.
Does the club really have such poor media strategy?
Or is the idea is to have him in the spotlight and under pressure as soon as next week?
There must be more to this.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just weird.
Or is the idea is to have him in the spotlight and under pressure as soon as next week?
The more is he knows this contract is up and he’s looking for a job

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was cringe I'm afraid and loser explanation of a current low confidence, low impact non-performer who is not getting the job done for his team. The club should hever have sanctioned this. He will be targetted all the more and has put more pressure on himself and Burton IMO. Elite sportspeople do not give interviews like this.

He needs a 180° turnaround. I wish him well bc we need him to do his job of controlling the team.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeh frustrating is an understatement. The guy was a star in juniors and foreseen to be destined for big things.
What the hell happened to all that apparent talent once he hit NRL level? He seems always to blame other factors out of his control, for his issues on the field. That has to stop and this season shape up big time or ship out to UK (where he will probably be a star like Brodie Croft……….)

I'm still trying to figure that one out too. If you are let go by the chooks after 1 season then that's telling you something and should set off massive red flags.

Roosters coach is one of the smartest in the game and he quickly realised he was a dud. Just unfortunate we were so desperate for a half at the time...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just weird.
I think flanno/his dad/manager has done this because he thinks he needs more spotlight and wants to sell himself, the best way for him to do this is TOO PERFORM and the offers will follow.

The last thing he needs to bring more spotlight on himself, talk and fail. I want the club to succeed and if he pulls his finger out and does it I will be the first to commend him, my gut tells me it will be the same old crap we have dealt with for the last 2 years.

The clubs involvement in the this doesn't make sense to me, no one from the club actually spoke in the clip and segments were added in.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think flanno/his dad/manager has done this because he thinks he needs more spotlight and wants to sell himself, the best way for him to do this is TOO PERFORM and the offers will follow.

The last thing he needs to bring more spotlight on himself, talk and fail. I want the club to succeed and if he pulls his finger out and does it I will be the first to commend him, my gut tells me it will be the same old crap we have dealt with for the last 2 years.

The clubs involvement in the this doesn't make sense to me, no one from the club actually spoke in the clip and segments were added in.
If he wants to perform he should audition for Australian Idol. He seems to sing his own praises well. Hopefully he wins.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He can be himself in another LGA away from us lol

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has succumbed to talking about himself in the third person. He’s done!