Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But look what he brings to that side Look at Townsend at Cowboys Reynolds at Bronx call it what u want he’s quality. I can’t take Flanno at 7 anymore.
Reynolds is finished

Townsend has been great for the Cowboys though is not on overs

Hunt's best games have been at hooker for QLD

I'm more sick of the club paying overs than Flanagan at 7 - Wiiliams, DWZ, Cotric, TPJ

Fingers crossed, Kikau & Mahoney play to and above their pay packets week in week out when they venture over

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If not Hunt for 24 then who?
I have no problem with Munster at 7 lol ..if we have to wait for 2024 to get another half :grinning:

With a changed gameplan of 2 strike players either side, it would be awesome.

2023? ...I don't know what we can do except try for early release of Hunt on 2 year deal :grinning: if not happening....just get rid of Flanno and put in BBO or Haywood but drastically change gameplan and have Burto on both sides of the field.

Dreams are free as so many of us Dogs fans say :grinning:

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pomfet would have kicked on if he was any good
Having his face caved in by a thug probably dented his confidence:

Pomfret looked set to cement his first grade place at fullback with Illawarra in 1982 but in a match against Wests he was left with a broken nose and fractured cheekbone after an altercation with opposing forward Bob Cooper.

He retired at 23 y.o.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It didn't take long for a very astute organisation to realise Flanagan was not going to make it. Surely we have also seen enough to make the same decision?

We must find a 7 or next year may not be any better at all.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It didn't take long for a very astute organisation to realise Flanagan was not going to make it. Surely we have also seen enough to make the same decision?

We must find a 7 or next year may not be any better at all.
Problem is they a) cost three arms and a leg, and b) aren't available. Think how much Townsend went for and he's no elite halfback. It is why I still have issues with our squad, we have a lot of forwards on big money. It's not the way I personally like it. I always say, overpay for your spine, fill in the rest.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won’t get rid of this guy until the day his contract is up. Just got to hope we have some money available for someone and he can sit in NSW cup next year.