Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes. He is parr's second kicker basically, Dylan Brown doesn't kick much at all. Reed has a number of 40/20's
Well thats good to hear. I suppose I should pay more attension but watching Parra kinda sucks arse.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worse than Peter wheeler, lee pomfret ??
Lee Pomfret was an excellent Fullback - if Brentnall wasn't ahead of him in First Grade he could have kicked on for us, but left for the Red & Whites.
Peter Wheeler was much better than Flanagan.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thats good to hear. I suppose I should pay more attension but watching Parra kinda sucks arse.
Trust me I agree, but my cousin goes for them so I'm subjected to Parra and their bald coach every week!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want me to get the video of the last time he was in. a GF? At least the Cowboys love him I guess lol! Bloke is okay but he's never been a million dollar halfback?
Relax a bit… every player makes errors. He has played for his country and has played for his state so he is more than just “okay”

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax a bit… every player makes errors. He has played for his country and has played for his state so he is more than just “okay”

He is not a million bucks halfback okay and his best games for QLD were at hooker. I’d have no issue discussing him as a hooker actually

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lee Pomfret was an excellent Fullback - if Brentnall wasn't ahead of him in First Grade he could have kicked on for us, but left for the Red & Whites.
Peter Wheeler was much better than Flanagan.
Pomfet would have kicked on if he was any good

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dragons apparently lowballing Hunt with a 700k offer (according to Danny Weidler), Gus said tonight on 100% footy that the Dragons won't be able to keep him for that, Gus said he heard Hunt was looking for 850-875k. Bracey made a joke in regards to Gus signing him and Gus said we have plenty of money in the cap for 2024 baby (wasn't directly answering the question, was more of a general statement, you know what Gus is like when answering questions).

Last edited:

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons apparently lowballing Hunt with a 700k offer (according to Danny Weidler), Gus said tonight on 100% footy that the Dragons won't be able to keep him for that, Gus said he heard Hunt was looking for 850-875k. Bracey made a joke in regards to Gus signing him and Gus said we have plenty of money in the cap for 2024 baby (wasn't directing answering the question, was more of a general statement, you know what Gus is like when answering questions).
He will be 34 when he plays his first game for us if he would join us for 2024. Too old. Would rather Mitchell Moses who has a PO for 2024 and would be a great combination with Burto.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will be 34 when he plays his first game for us if he would join us for 2024. Too old. Would rather Mitchell Moses who has a PO for 2024 and would be a great combination with Burto.
Moses a lot less likely to get (even less likely than someone like Munster imo). Cooper Cronk played until he was 36/37 (not 100% sure). DCE is contracted until he's 36. We don't have many options but we need to somehow get an elite/high quality halfback.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses a lot less likely to get (even less likely than someone like Munster imo). Cooper Cronk played until he was 36/37 (not 100% sure). DCE is contracted until he's 36. We don't have many options but we need to somehow get an elite/high quality halfback.
We need a ball running , organising half. And a fullback who can read the game.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dragons apparently lowballing Hunt with a 700k offer (according to Danny Weidler), Gus said tonight on 100% footy that the Dragons won't be able to keep him for that, Gus said he heard Hunt was looking for 850-875k. Bracey made a joke in regards to Gus signing him and Gus said we have plenty of money in the cap for 2024 baby (wasn't directing answering the question, was more of a general statement, you know what Gus is like when answering questions).
He’s getting on in age Ben hunt.. don’t see Sullivan leaving if they don’t come to a deal

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will go nowhere if we dont replace him... we need a new 7
Many here have no idea. Flanagan has a voice and he's calling the game OK. He's performing as good as about half the halfbacks in the comp. He's not elite. Neither is Burton an elite 5/8th. Nor Averillo an elite FB. There just aren't enough elite spine players to go around. All the same, since we aren't getting his father to coach us Flanno will probably be traded, perhaps early.
Personally I'd go for Hastings.
Three elite halfbacks changed clubs end of last season, and their new Clubs are atop the ladder.....Hynes, Townsend and Reynolds.
There will be a few teams gunning for the next elite HB to hit the market. What in the meantime do we do with Burton? We were sold a blue sky promise there, who just hasn't found his feet at 5/8th yet, and possibly never will.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Many here have no idea. Flanagan has a voice and he's calling the game OK. He's performing as good as about half the halfbacks in the comp. He's not elite. Neither is Burton an elite 5/8th. Nor Averillo an elite FB. There just aren't enough elite spine players to go around. All the same, since we aren't getting his father to coach us Flanno will probably be traded, perhaps early.
Three elite halfbacks changed clubs end of last season, and their new Clubs are atop the ladder.....Hynes, Townsend and Reynolds.
There will be a few teams gunning for the next elite HB to hit the market. What in the meantime do we do with Burton? We were sold a blue sky promise there, who just hasn't found his feet at 5/8th yet, and possibly never will.
All Flanno needs to do is attack the line directly and demand the ball more at first receiver. His short kicking game is adequate and his defense is too. With a decent 9 next year Flanno will look better.And better still with a competent fullback

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather sign close to every half in the comp over Moses. An inch of pressure and the bloke goes to water. Biggest flat track half in the comp. Waste of money

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons apparently lowballing Hunt with a 700k offer (according to Danny Weidler), Gus said tonight on 100% footy that the Dragons won't be able to keep him for that, Gus said he heard Hunt was looking for 850-875k. Bracey made a joke in regards to Gus signing him and Gus said we have plenty of money in the cap for 2024 baby (wasn't directly answering the question, was more of a general statement, you know what Gus is like when answering questions).
Maybe we get him for $750k in the Cap + $200k Third Party Agreements...... IMO that's a bargain for an Origin Class Player.

Going of the way Gus spoke last night, I'm sure he will have a go at him as Gus know how scarce top quality half backs are & especially experienced ones.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds, Townsend, Hynes.

It makes you cry.

Gus said we'd develop within :(
This 7 problem was not rectifield.
It's probably Gus' biggest challenge/failure since he started July? 2021.

I know he'll be on to it now but it has been a def missed opportunity with those 3 above being snapped up by Broncs, Cows and Sharks.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Just saw that Dragons have lowballed Ben Hunt. It’s time for Gus to swoop!