News Flanagan bondi to Belmore podcast

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, but how about we stop pretending players like JMK will ever be close to good enough and Baz is some magic fix :tearsofjoy:
Im probably one of the only people suggesting he is adequate. But even i want an upgrade like Smith. But JMK is what we have, so hoping for him to improve is all we have.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I have got to say that I am looking forward to 2021...........not expecting to make the 8 but to begin to show some improved structures which will develop even further in 2022. Just remember that it will take sometime for new players and possibly some younger development players to fit into a new style of football......it is unlikely to happen from round 1. In fact we don't have a particularly easy first 5 rounds so we should be realistic and feel that if we can come away with 6 points in those rounds we have done exceptionally well. TB has also surrounded himself with a solid group of assistants and I think that he will be at ease at the beginning of the season......as long as he can stay that way. Any steps forward on 2020 will be seen as improvements and that is what I want to see.....

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it will be interesting to see how some people react after a couple of losses in succession :tearsofjoy:, a shitfight like ours will take time to turn around and Baz will have his work cut out but i have faith with the well rounded recruitment so far and more to come that we can become a finals team at least in '22.
I am definitely prepared for some speedbumps early in the season next year though....

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not difficult the coach the All Blacks lol... I'm pretty sure he has previously worked with Nathan Brown, so like I said, people need to calm down and not set themselves up for disappointment.
Old Scrooge Mc Marley, which fatty put salt in your vagina???.....Bah humbug dude :grinning:

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing concerning me re: Steve Hansen, hopefully he will be able to spend blocks of time here with the team next year and not just be a Zoom motivator/mentor?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it's pleasing and all the sound around the club is positive....but as of now we are yet to record a single win. What do you think it's going to be like on here a month into the season and we've only won one game? LOL.
1 out of 4 would be better than the last 3 seasons..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing concerning me re: Steve Hansen, hopefully he will be able to spend blocks of time here with the team next year and not just be a Zoom motivator/mentor?
The plan is for him to have in person presence but not possible at the moment.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The plan is for him to have in person presence but not possible at the moment.
Pretty sure in the new year he can come over..do the quarantine(if necessary)and be hands on..although they should be kiwis arent completely banned from Aus are they ? :-)

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think Hanson would want to be restricted from going back home

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not difficult the coach the All Blacks lol... I'm pretty sure he has previously worked with Nathan Brown, so like I said, people need to calm down and not set themselves up for disappointment.
Keh??? The all conquering All Blacks coached themselves..? Beasty, I am with you that some of the orgy money shots about our chances in 21 are over the top but that is a silly comparison. He is one of the most successful AB coaches and anything he brings to us if its culture related to their system of winning has to be good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keh??? The all conquering All Blacks coached themselves..? Beasty, I am with you that some of the orgy money shots about our chances in 21 are over the top but that is a silly comparison. He is one of the most successful AB coaches and anything he brings to us if its culture related to their system of winning has to be good.
They didn't coach themselves...but like, no one gives a shit about union except the kiwis, ***** are fucking obsessed with it and there's barely any competition lol.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They didn't coach themselves...but like, no one gives a shit about union except the kiwis, c*** are fucking obsessed with it and there's barely any competition lol.
Clearly you don’t remember Johm Eales, Kearns, Horan and Co when we ruled the Rugby world 20 years ago.. Rugby is where League come from and Hanson is a legend.

I hope we squeeze the value out of him. The AB are THE benchmark of the game. The old saying of “football is not a matter of life and death, it’s far more important than that” is like a verse of the bible to Kiwis..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly you don’t remember Johm Eales, Kearns, Horan and Co when we ruled the Rugby world 20 years ago.. Rugby is where League come from and Hanson is a legend.

I hope we squeeze the value out of him. The AB are THE benchmark of the game. The old saying of “football is not a matter of life and death, it’s far more important than that” is like a verse of the bible to Kiwis..
No I don't remember..well I do but I was kid so it's just faces and shit. I only remember Matt Burke because we I knew him growing up and I still see him on TV... apparently he was good or something :tearsofjoy:

But yh, it's obviously a positive having someone like Hansen involved...I'm just not buying into the hype like some at this stage

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think Hanson would want to be restricted from going back home
Most others never worry about going back lol.

Jokes aside what do you mean restricted from going back? that due to Covid, NZ wont let him back into the country AT ALL? sounds over the top to me...but may be true i dont know tbh(i'm in the W.A bubble covid has been a virtual non issue here from day dot)

I just think being hands on he will be a lot more effective, suppose we will see what develops with the china virus in the next couple of months.
If we dont get these other blokes early and or a good 9 Baz and the team are going to need every advantage we can get and Hansen at the coal face rather than on Cam would be of greater benefit to us imo.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most others never worry about going back lol.

Jokes aside what do you mean restricted from going back? that due to Covid, NZ wont let him back into the country AT ALL? sounds over the top to me...but may be true i dont know tbh(i'm in the W.A bubble covid has been a virtual non issue here from day dot)

I just think being hands on he will be a lot more effective, suppose we will see what develops with the china virus in the next couple of months.
If we dont get these other blokes early and or a good 9 Baz and the team are going to need every advantage we can get and Hansen at the coal face rather than on Cam would be of greater benefit to us imo.
i just think because of the China virus he would have to self isolate here and then in New Zealand every time..

a man like him would be to inconvenienced, but your right the best for our club would be for him to be here face to face.

we can only blame the China virus at the moment

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They didn't coach themselves...but like, no one gives a shit about union except the kiwis, c*** are fucking obsessed with it and there's barely any competition lol.
Only flops that play union are soft cocks from north Sydney etc. little pretty boys. That’s why Australia fuckin sucks at rugby, they are all soft cocks