News Flanagan back in from cold for Bulldogs (ESPN)

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan's NRL exile is over after he was recalled into Canterbury's halves for the first time this year ahead of Sunday's clash with unbeaten Penrith.

Flanagan was the biggest shock selection in the NRL on Tuesday, with coach Trent Barrett bumping Brandon Wakeham back to the bench after Sunday's 48-0 flogging from Melbourne.

It means Matt Burton will have his third halves partner in five games when he lines up against his former club for the first time at CommBank Stadium.

Canterbury (1-3) have already cycled through Jake Averillo and Wakeham for two weeks each in the No.6 jersey, with Averillo the only five-eighth to taste victory at the club this year.

Flanagan was the star signing for Barrett's Bulldogs for his first season at the club last year, before he was dropped after they won just one of his first nine games.

He appeared just four more times during the season, before Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould swatted away rumours he could exit the club both during the summer and earlier this week.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Call me a skeptic but I need to remain positive, particularly as there is a long season ahead….. Bulldogs by two. I’ll write the headlines now…

Flanagan puts the bite back in the dogs

Dogs Maul Panthers

Dogs spoil the Panther party

Take the piss if you wish…

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Readie and Buzz of all people stuck up for the Flanagan timing of selection but Kent and Anasta still angry [emoji23]

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna smack Anasta out, instead of having a sook, what’s his solution ? Oh sorry flanno u will get your chance but not this week cause we play the premiers & we have a duty of care, we’ll put you in when we play an easier game. What’s his IQ
Anasta’s IQ is whatever uncle Nick tells him it is [emoji23]

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Readie and Buzz of all people stuck up for the Flanagan timing of selection but Kent and Anasta still angry [emoji23]
On NRL360, they unleashed at the Club insinuating it was a poor decision and didn’t demonstrate a duty of care… not once did they blame TB. It was apparently all “the clubs fault”… and my final point, wouldn’t Kyle be aching to get back into first grade and licking his lips at the thought of playing against the grand finalists? I mean, if he’s not doing that, you would have to query his will and motivation as an athlete.

I didn’t think “the club” had to wait until we played the Tigers again to start a half back getting payed 500k a season.

Bootfc

New Pup
Reaction score
I would love nothing more for the club to respond to these numb nuts as they did with the drones to make them look like idiots

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is just jumping on the band wagon because it's fashionable to hate on the Dogs, I wonder how many people would want him playing for their club off his form upto date..my guess is zero.

Like I posted elsewhere I want him to succeed because I'm sick of seeing us lose.

One thing is for certain is that Baz had failed epically to not have this worked out during the off season.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Duty of care lol. The blokes not injured wtf…He’s not 16 years old, where’s the duty of care to Cleary playing on last year with a busted shoulder. Complete dribble
Absolutely, I couldn’t work out why they were teeing off on the Club. He’s a grown man ffs…

My theory is they’re all mates with dad Shane and their emotions are getting the better of them - the level of sh!t their currently spitting out is ridiculous

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely, I couldn’t work out why they were teeing off on the Club. He’s a grown man ffs…

My theory is they’re all mates with dad Shane and their emotions are getting the better of all of them with the dribble their currently spitting out
If anything the way there carrying on, it’s only putting more pressure on him. If they cared as much as there going on about, they’d say he’s been performing well, been promoted and be done with it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wanna smack Anasta out, instead of having a sook, what’s his solution ? Oh sorry flanno u will get your chance but not this week cause we play the premiers & we have a duty of care, we’ll put you in when we play an easier game. What’s his IQ
Not liked Anasta since we let JT go to keep him, which was fine, but then he fucked off a year later anyway. Also he doesnt do anything for me on tv

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything the way there carrying on, it’s only putting more pressure on him. If they cared as much as there going on about, they’d say he’s been performing well, been promoted and be done with it.
There would be more pressure on Flanagan if the dogs were playing a team they were expected to beat. Nothing to lose lots to gain

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love how the media blow it up. How do they know he hasn't trained with the first team since last year? How do they know Averillo wasn’t dropped due to injury and Wakeham took over, played well against Manly and got a shot against Melbourne? How do they know that Biondi Odo has a niggling injured and Wakeham is a better reserve hooker for the team (although I’d like to see cook). They really think the club is setting Flanagan up to fail by putting him up against the Panthers. How do they know he wasn’t told preseason that he would be in reserve grade for the first 4 weeks to regain confidence? They just assume the worst with our club, sick of hearing it!