Rumour Flanagan and Sullivan could trade places in latest twist at Belmore

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what’s everyone’s honest thoughts if we get bud
At this point I'd take almost anyone over Flanagan.

Jayden looks like a talented kid and was very highly touted coming through the grades, assuming he'd be a minimum wage signing I'd be happy to roll the dice, best case scenario he becomes the next Jonathan Thurston, worst case he offers nothing to the team which is exactly what Flanagans been giving us the last 2 years anyway.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I like Sullivan... But apparently Jake Clifford is rumoured to be seeking an early release.

I've always rated the kid, I know alot of people don't, but the kid has a big boot on him also and would take some pressure off Burton in that area where Flanagan or Sullivan ever could.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Sullivan... But apparently Jake Clifford is rumoured to be seeking an early release.

I've always rated the kid, I know alot of people don't, but the kid has a big boot on him also and would take some pressure off Burton in that area where Flanagan or Sullivan ever could.
I think he has plenty of upside, just hot and cold.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Dragons approved an extension offer for Ben Hunt at a board meeting, which could result in the club losing youngster Jayden Sullivan to the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read revealed on Triple M, that a crunch board meeting during the week was to approve a big money offer to retain Hunt.

“They had the board meeting on Tuesday and Anthony Griffin sent the team home early and had a bit of an early mark,” Read said on Triple M.

The board meeting wasn’t about Anthony Griffin. It was actually about Ben Hunt and whether the club would ratify the contract offer to Hunt because it is for two more years and it is a really big offer obviously.

The board actually rubber-stamped that on Tuesday and the club will now formally go to Ben Hunt and table that extension.”

However, Hunt’s imminent re-signing could cost the club Sullivan who is being courted by the Bulldogs.

“Where it gets interesting is I expect Ben Hunt will take up that offer and he will stay, but that will mean that Jayden Sullivan will likely look to leave now,” Read said.

“Canterbury are sniffing around Jayden Sullivan. He is a good young kid.

“But if Ben Hunt stays as we expect and signs that extension, I believe that Jayden Sullivan wants to get out.”

Former Dragons player Wendell Sailor implored Sullivan and Tyrell Sloan to look for opportunities elsewhere as he does not believe the club looks after their youngsters and he also called for Anthony Griffin to be sacked.

“I know Jayden Sullivan he is a great kid,” Sailor said.

“When they released Tristan (Sailor), he was going to be the next big thing and Jayden Sullivan, the thing about the Dragons is they do waste their kids and their talent.

“There is a young kid called Tyrell Sloan. Whoever manages those kids they need to look to move those kids on.

“These kids have big futures, but the Dragons do not believe in their youngsters enough.

“They also need to go in a new direction with their coach.”
@MasterP

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club is not in any rush to re-sign Flanagan just yet, though he will be alongside Burton next year in the halves

This Sullivan nonsense is just that, nonsense
Just like how Taumalolo is in no rush to sign his 6 year 5 mill deal with us remember?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think Flanagan is an issue any more. He is also good in defence which is our main current issue. I also think averillo can kick on at fb. I think we need a few centres/wingers. Maybe a forward or 2

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand how people watch Flanagan week to week and think he should be halfback next year or re-signed.

He gets tackled by three players for a loss every time he runs it and kills momentum. Sometimes he does it twice a set. He's one of the worst halfbacks in the comp. He tries hard, he tackles well and he competes on every play but he's the toiler of all toilers in regards to halves. He has no attacking game whatsoever. He and JMK are the main reasons why we always look so clunky in the oppositions 20..

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see that Sullivan is that big an upgrade on BBO.
And not sure he is the organising short kicking game expert number 7 we need.
I remember reading that in the juniors he was the dominant playmaking half with Amone playing alongside him at 6.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Game against warriors proved he aint cut out for this squad. If Burton is not on we need Flannagan to be on and he didnt step enough up after a few confident boosting performances prior.

As of right now it all depends on defence, anybody who can defend like or better than kyle gets the nod because anyone can do the job he is doing in attack.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game against warriors proved he aint cut out for this squad. If Burton is not on we need Flannagan to be on and he didnt step enough up after a few confident boosting performances prior.

As of right now it all depends on defence, anybody who can defend like or better than kyle gets the nod because anyone can do the job he is doing in attack.
Just a thought, if Flanagan Senior (since I believe he is involved with the dragons recruitment) can arrange for the swap with Kyle to the dragons and Sullivan comming to us, then I would be happy to have Senior coaching if a coach hasen't been appointed yet.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guy on the dragons forum is an ex-journalist, believes this deal will 100% happen with the way the reporting was made in the article. Looks like we might have found our 7.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt flange would even wanna go there if Hunt is re-signing..that's if there Is any truth to this.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we get Sullivan and move Flanagan on.
Would be great, if it happened, but come November we will know if any other club is interested in Flamingo.
If some betting agency was to offer odds of him been offered another contract by a club NRL or SL, it would be intresting to se what the odds were.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a thought, if Flanagan Senior (since I believe he is involved with the dragons recruitment) can arrange for the swap with Kyle to the dragons and Sullivan comming to us, then I would be happy to have Senior coaching if a coach hasen't been appointed yet.
Senior would probably take the dragons job which is probably why he wants Kyle there.