Opinion Flanagan’s future

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it might be time for Flanagan to understand he just isn’t good enough to be a half in the NRL. He has above average defence and he should look at how similar players transitioned from the halves into other positions. Good examples are Kurt Mann & Lachlan Croker who play hooker and lock respectively which I think with a full off season are positions he could play. With Oloapu debuting this weekend, bench utility might be Kyle’s spot for us for the remainder of the year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd think a bit higher than bench utility, personally. Flano looked better at hooker a few weeks ago than Mahoney has in the last month. If Mahoney can't produce a blinder on the weekend, I think it's time to give him a stint in Cup and try Flano at hooker. Less errors, better defence, equally efficient service. What's the down side? Sure, we'd miss Reed's 40/20s, but he only kicks so many because he attempts a dozen a game.

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd think a bit higher than bench utility, personally. Flano looked better at hooker a few weeks ago than Mahoney has in the last month. If Mahoney can't produce a blinder on the weekend, I think it's time to give him a stint in Cup and try Flano at hooker. Less errors, better defence, equally efficient service. What's the down side? Sure, we'd miss Reed's 40/20s, but he only kicks so many because he attempts a dozen a game.
Ease up on the pipe mate

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno's defining weakness as a footballer is his inability to identify and exploit weaknesses in an opposition's defensive structures. It's why, despite his attitude to training and his great defence, he's lost the 7 again. It's the same reason he won't be selected to play at 9.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanno's defining weakness as a footballer is his inability to identify and exploit weaknesses in an opposition's defensive structures. It's why, despite his attitude to training and his great defence, he's lost the 7 again. It's the same reason he won't be selected to play at 9.
Reed lacks that ability too. We all know Moses and Brown were calling the shots at parra and he has showed very little vision or creativity this year.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You actually don’t watch games do you?

just admit it its ok to say so this is a safe space

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney has been poor but I'd expect they will allow him to play himself into form. Flanno was OK at hooker but can't be more than an injury sub.

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not getting into who has been or who hasn’t, personally I’m happy with him. I think he just needs to settle into his role with added weight of co-captaincy.
Once Flanno is gone and someone creative replaces him he will go back to the player you say he was at parra, one that has to worry about his position only.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You actually don’t watch games do you?

just admit it its ok to say so this is a safe space
Yes, I do. You never make credible arguments. Always personal attacks with you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Difference is that we know that Reed is capable of doing great things, whereas we know what Flanno is capable of and it ain't great things by any sctretch of the imagimation.
Lol what evidence doe you have that Reed is capable of doing great things? His biggest claim to fame is being the least important spine player in Parra's losing grand final team.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ll give you an argument reed is staying and flano is gone lol
Neither should be part of our future plans, to be honest. Did we keep the receipt when we bought him to replace JMK?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, drop the captain. That’s what Cam will do.