Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Griffen was testing or trying to gage match fitness.
I do get that strategy

Kinda wish Pay did a bit of that, but I am trusting his judgment.
I get the reasoning, i just dont think it was necessary

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think Griffen was testing or trying to gage match fitness.
I do get that strategy

Kinda wish Pay did a bit of that, but I am trusting his judgment.
I think it is inviting injury more to do that at this stage of the season....or pre-season. Penrith walked away embarrassed and with more questions than answers I think. Top effort by the young pups in smashing a full strength NRL FG team with a reserve grade team + one FG player in the Beast. All of a sudden we have depth. Fitness and fun have returned and look at the difference.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get the reasoning, i just dont think it was necessary
Be interesting to see how we go round 1 against the storm.
Considering the Storm have had 3 hard hit outs.
They played all out against the Knights in preparation for the world club challenge
Then they played all out Against Leeds
Then they Played all out against the cows in the testimonial game.

3 full games of match fitness and combinations.

As opposed to our 40min effort against Canberra for our NRL players.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just watched the Panthers game,
We made way more interchanges than the Panthers did, The Panthers were forced to play fatigued where as our 2nd string team were largely kept fresh with plenty of player rotation up front.
Correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure you or someone will), but that's how it appeared to me watching the game.
You’re right. They didn’t make a change in the first half.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They played all out against the Knights in preparation for the world club challenge

Yeah it will be interesting. But i wont be blaming our lack of trial minutes if we lose. melbourne are almost always the benchmark, so if we lose against them its likely because they were too good and nothing else.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it will be interesting. But i wont be blaming our lack of trial minutes if we lose. melbourne are almost always the benchmark, so if we lose against them its likely because they were too good and nothing else.
So true,

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Ever heard of player burnout. GF’s aren’t won in March or April. Pay knows his players are match fit already, we’ve had real game opposed session at belmore already before we even played in the trials. And the players are the fittest they have been for a long time!

Yes, Melbourne will hit the ground running but it’s also very important to have your players fresh to start the season because it’s a long season ahead. You don’t want to be gassed by round 20.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year I attended a function as a guest at the roosters leagues club a few days before we played them for the second time ( hear me out )
And talking to a few of their players and a manager they all had the same opinion that the dogs will come out firing then fade after 20 mins from lack of condition
I would think that most teams would have had the same opinion
Let's hope things have changed

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It makes me wonder about Des' statistics - keeping everyone accountable to numbers. While I agree to get metrics and give as much feedback as possible, I think Des forgot to engage, inspire and motivate them to embrace the Dogs culture. He just treated it like a scientific process with no heart. He actually forgot to get his heart and the heart of his players into the mission. Instead they were doing what they needed to do to be seen rather than being equipped. I am generalising, but the focus makes a difference on what you end up with - the focus was numbers not the joy of winning a game. I also believe when you are being treated like a robot to just deliver numbers as just one of the teeth in the gears, you will have resentment. It is easy to make your numbers increase just to get the pressure off you by taking short cuts. E.g. being a delayed add on in a tackle that is already affected and lame hit ups that don't break the line. We saw plenty of that in the last few years.
Statistics lie look at politics and desball

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year I attended a function as a guest at the roosters leagues club a few days before we played them for the second time ( hear me out )
And talking to a few of their players and a manager they all had the same opinion that the dogs will come out firing then fade after 20 mins from lack of condition
Things certainly look to have changed and last year i dont even think it was 20 mins i used to go to bed after 10 mins as it was awful to watch

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh just goes to show if you look for something you want long enough, you will find it.

Stupid fucking des.
He certainly lost his way too obsessed with desball and over complicated and took the fun out of it for the players

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is Ray Mourjalli and Toy Grimaldi our fitness staff this year, alongside James Rahme as physio?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, we saw that in action didn't we? Dogs would start well, then concede points 10 minutes before half time. Score early in the second half, then fall apart in the final half hour. Repeat next week.

What was the point of the ultra expensive training equipment?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, we saw that in action didn't we? Dogs would start well, then concede points 10 minutes before half time. Score early in the second half, then fall apart in the final half hour. Repeat next week.

What was the point of the ultra expensive training equipment?
We never started well. We’re on the back foot and holding on for the first 20 minutes every game

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
health is more important than fitness,we dont want players on the sidelines injured and eating mcdonalds

Status
Not open for further replies.